PDA

View Full Version : Blood on/off option

ericingame
06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Really liked having the option in the first game... please include it in the new one. Thanks!

moqqy
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
There Will Be Blood!

Jack_Vykios
06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I can never understand why people would ever use this. I mean, death is still occurring onscreen, bloodied or not. The blood just adds to it. Have to SEEN how Ezio kills people? It's like...blood being there or not, it's still nauseatingly brutal (and an awesome way).

moqqy
06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, and in the gameplay video you see him stick a halberd through people and it just goes neatly through, when in reality it'd rip him apart. So it's not really that brutal.

ScytheOfGrim
06-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
I can never understand why people would ever use this. I mean, death is still occurring onscreen, bloodied or not. The blood just adds to it. Have to SEEN how Ezio kills people? It's like...blood being there or not, it's still nauseatingly brutal (and an awesome way).

May people have phobias against the red stuff, despite the irony of not being afraid of the brutality.
But, then again, since when were phobias logical?

Jack_Vykios
06-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:

May people have phobias against the red stuff, despite the irony of not being afraid of the brutality.
But, then again, since when were phobias logical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm terrified of spiders and heights (hell, whenever I see a colossal height in a game, and it's done well and convincingly enough, my feet hurt for some reason...which only ever happens when I look down from a high place with the possibility of falling to my death) but I'd never ever want to have them turned off since it makes the game more involving.

I mean, I get that people don't like blood, but still, there's worse things appearing onscreen than that.

Oh yeah, the halberd WOULD probably rip him apart, but that would probably be too brutal to show (needlessly so; far more God of War than Assassin's Creed, which is always cleanly brutal and not gloriously so...like the Half-Life of the action-adventure genre in that bad, violent things happen, but they do so in a pleasantly sterile environment).

Lionflame
06-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I think the game would be unrealistic without the blood.

the amolang
06-03-2009, 06:23 PM
i think there should be on/off for the blood. i would leave it on but i know people that would really like this option. in fact they wouldn't get the game if it didn't have this (i know, crazy huh? just because a bit of blood...) i just hope they don't put a lot of blood in the game though. i liked AC1, keep it like that...

An_Idea
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
i dun really care if there is or not. i'll play it with blood but its fine by me if theres an option to turn it off. doesnt really effect me

HK-42
06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I know a guy, who convinced his parents that AC1 was not bloody, so he could get the game. Whenever his parents come in, he turned the blood off.

grashopper
06-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Man I don't even remember blood in AC1.

They need to start making games with multiple ratings using the Parental Controls on the 360 and PS3. Like if its set to a lower age the game automatically turns off blood and maybe cuts some other things. Its a shame some folks cant play some of these games because of the letter on the box.

Silhouette1991
06-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I know a guy, who convinced his parents that AC1 was not bloody, so he could get the game. Whenever his parents come in, he turned the blood off.

OMFG what a brain hahahaha xD!I have never heard such stupid idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifDD.To think that his parents wouldn't let him play games that are bloody.What would it be if he had played worse games like painkiller which is full of blood or resident evil etc...?The fact is:little blood in the game isn't bad at all!

Black_Widow9
06-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Silhouette1991:
OMFG what a brain hahahaha xD!I have never heard such stupid idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifDD.To think that his parents wouldn't let him play games that are bloody.

A lot of games come with the blood on/off option for this reason. Parents don't want their kids seeing that stuff and so they won't buy the game. That's why there is that option in most games. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

obliviondoll
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
When I first showed AC off to my Dad, he thought it was too violent for his tastes, and commented particularly on the blood sprays. I was in Damascus at the time. So I left it a few hours, turned off blood, and showed him Acre.

"This is way better than that other game you showed me. What's this one called?"
"Assassin's Creed."
"I thought the other one was Assassin's Creed."
"Ummmm... It was?"

Silhouette1991
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
A lot of games come with the blood on/off option for this reason. Parents don't want their kids seeing that stuff and so they won't buy the game. That's why there is that option in most games. Nuh uh
I know,but what kind of parents are that?It's not real blood for pit sake,it's just stupid color on the screen.And to think that my parents would ground me because of the game omg.

caswallawn_2k7
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Silhouette1991:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A lot of games come with the blood on/off option for this reason. Parents don't want their kids seeing that stuff and so they won't buy the game. That's why there is that option in most games. Nuh uh
I know,but what kind of parents are that?It's not real blood for pit sake,it's just stupid color on the screen.And to think that my parents would ground me because of the game omg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's also done to lower the game rating so they can sell to a larger audience, AC1 was only rated a 15 in the UK if they had lleft it locked with the blood on and added more blood the game would of been rated 18 the same as games like GTA, loosing alot of people over them 3 years and alot of parants who would buy thier kids 15 rated games but not 18 rated games.

bladencrowd
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
If you are considering getting prototype read this.

Shut the door.
Never have subtitles on.
Turn the volume down so must cringe to hear it.

Trust me safety way to enjoy the game without your parents burning the game disk on a stake.

Sarcross
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I think they need two options. 1) Blood </span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">2) More blood</span>

Xanatos2007
06-09-2009, 12:00 AM
"The truth is written in blood." If you turn it off, the game won't be as fun!

revoltingbunny
06-09-2009, 06:45 AM
What's the point of having an Awesome fight system without a little blood and brains?

Silhouette1991
06-09-2009, 07:04 AM
What's the point of having an Awesome fight system without a little blood and brains?
Not to mention that it isn't real to play without blood.Let them make blood on and off option,it won't make a diference

Grandmaster_Z
06-09-2009, 07:56 AM
the option is nice, but if you are selecting blood on, there really needs to be more blood than in ac1..