PDA

View Full Version : PC Waiters Club

Trey_Trey
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Figure I start a hub for those of us waiting till Dec...

Hope my rig can handle it.

Obixlee
10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I join the club!

Trey_Trey
10-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by obixlee:
I join the club!

Welcome....first order of business, getting beta access...all in favor?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

towlin
10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Aye.

Really looking forward to this, trying not to go out and get an Xbox or PS3 to get playing now.

Trey_Trey
10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Hopefully the waiting will let them send a patch to fix up any bugs that pop up.

Resisting the temptation on getting a PS3, but those black friday deals coming around the corner are going to make it hard.

Obixlee
10-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Same thing for me, I took a PS3 in my hand yesterday. I resisted but I'm weakening!

helkish
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyone know if the preorder bonus songs were only for PS3/Xbox or does it also apply to PC?

Trey_Trey
10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by helkish:
Anyone know if the preorder bonus songs were only for PS3/Xbox or does it also apply to PC?

I ordered it through BB and it's supposed to come with the bonus songs.

Pancho X1
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
interesting. I didn't even think about that. I am seriously considering picking up the pc version as well to get an extra cable and have the ability to practice at work at lunch.

helkish
10-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder if my Behringer UCG102 USB interface will work with it?

errlan
10-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Pre-ordered from GameStop http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Now the waiting begins.

helkish
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Is it December yet?

The PC edition should come with extra songs because of the wait.

Trey_Trey
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Reading all the reviews and seeing everyone having a blast is killing me!!!!

Yea, we should have some "oops" extra songs on a patch / update on release. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Waffen-ZZ
10-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Not buying until there is more GOA (guitar oriented rock)

Trey_Trey
11-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Anyone talking/asking about the PC version on Facebook?

One month till release and it's been pretty quiet about specs.

Just wondering if there's any grummblins going on over there.

caldaar
11-14-2011, 12:36 PM
I am tempted to get the PC version. I have the PS3 one, now if I could get the wife and kids to let me have the TV more often to play it.

BobPeters61
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Yep, non-gamer here. Don't own a console or for that matter a TV compatible to one. I watch TV through a tuner card in my PC, which timeshifts what I see to a few seconds after the signal it gets, which of course would effectively render any game console connected to it unplayable.

I'm interested in RS because I've wanted to learn guitar since I was a kid and now am overdue for a mid-life crisis when a game comes out advertised as a fun and addictive way to learn the instrument. It's a good kind of strange to hear myself say the words, "my guitar."

Trey_Trey
11-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by BobPeters61:
Yep, non-gamer here. Don't own a console or for that matter a TV compatible to one. I watch TV through a tuner card in my PC, which timeshifts what I see to a few seconds after the signal it gets, which of course would effectively render any game console connected to it unplayable.

I'm interested in RS because I've wanted to learn guitar since I was a kid and now am overdue for a mid-life crisis when a game comes out advertised as a fun and addictive way to learn the instrument. It's a good kind of strange to hear myself say the words, "my guitar."

Bob P...same boat here, wanted to play since a punkaro and finally buckled down. You've probably seen it talked about around here, but www.justinguitar.com (http://www.justinguitar.com) is such a great site for total newbies. Just throwing that out there in case you haven't run into it.

aetherech0s
11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't see whats so great about it. Its just another guy trying to sell his lessons. It doesn't even give as much info as other free sites. Apparently though he doesn't mind tossing about his money bribing you guys to advertise for him.

BobPeters61
11-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure and check it out.

I've noticed that BB advertises theirs as a "special BB version." What's different or unique about theirs, and why wouldn't I want the ordinary version over one with their branding on it?

Trey_Trey
11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure and check it out.

I've noticed that BB advertises theirs as a "special BB version." What's different or unique about theirs, and why wouldn't I want the ordinary version over one with their branding on it?

They throw in Freebird and a Radiohead song when the PC version releases.

Rocksmith
Three Exclusive Effects Pedals

Here's a chance to access special in-game extras. Order your copy of Rocksmith and receive three Best Buy exclusive in-game effects pedals:

The Powerchorder instant power chord harmony pedal allows players to easily execute complex shifting power chord riffs and 5th harmony leads simply by playing single notes.
The Trem-Ol! vintage surf/Rockabilly/Western movie tone effect pedal couples a fixed speed, selectable tremolo with a slap-back delay.
The Robo Crunch high-tech, low-fi synth simulator combines a bit reduction effect with a slow moving flanger.

Plus, you'll also get access to a unique in-game Gibson guitar. The S-1 guitar includes unique pickups that were designed so they could produce both humbucking and single-coil sounds.

helkish
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by caldaar:
I am tempted to get the PC version. I have the PS3 one, now if I could get the wife and kids to let me have the TV more often to play it.

Do you know if they addressed the issue with the Riff Repeater and lives?

That is a deal breaker for me.

Also, I have heard that you can't slow the tempo down to practice harder riffs, is that true?

caldaar
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
They did... They said that the lives is one of the things that they are working on. They agree that 5 is too short, but also they didn't want to leave you in a never ending loop getting frustrated. The idea was, if you couldnt get it... try something else and come back to it. I am not sure what they are going to change about it, but changes are coming.

I hope that they set it so that you at least have to hit 100% twice before it bounces you out.

helkish
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by caldaar:
They did... They said that the lives is one of the things that they are working on. They agree that 5 is too short, but also they didn't want to leave you in a never ending loop getting frustrated. The idea was, if you couldnt get it... try something else and come back to it. I am not sure what they are going to change about it, but changes are coming.

I hope that they set it so that you at least have to hit 100% twice before it bounces you out.

I hope they allow infinite so that the player, can determine when they are finished.

I guess they haven't said anything about changing the tempo? Slowing the tempo down to a more manageable speed allows you to practice complex riffs at a pace you are comfortable with.

From the videos that I have seen, I guess beginners only play a portion of the notes.

With Guitar Pro 6, I can select a portion of the music I have trouble with and use a speed trainer, which will slow the tempo down and loop through the select bar(s)/note(s). It can also gradually increase the tempo after each loop until you reach the normal tempo of the song.

Here's screenshot of what I'm talking about.
http://blog.guitar-pro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/source_changelog_EN-17.png

caldaar
11-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, guitar pro 6 is nice. I have used it quite a bit. And you are right, in the rift repeater the beginners do not play all of the notes. There are two options, the leveler, and the (forget the name) the speed trainer. The leveler will keep adding more and more notes till you get to the point of playing all the notes of the rift. The speed trainer, will measure what you miss and how long it takes you to find the string/fret/chord and then increases you slowly to 100% speed. The lives are if you miss notes too many notes on a pass, you lose a life. You can go back into the rift repeater for that rift, but it is the time for the reload piece that everyone is complaining about. Adding an option at the end to reset your lives without reloading would proably eliminate any complaints.

caldaar
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Oh, and the speed trainer... is a speed trainer for the level that you are at (not adding notes)

SiliconSicilian
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
I am also waiting for the PC version as I don't have a supported console...coupled with not wanting to mod my setup even if I did have a console.

What I have to give credit to is that Rocksmith has really marketed Epiphone Les Paul guitars well. In fact, I am eying an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III in Midnight Sapphire so bad that they are about to bleed, I think.

However, the lack of information on the software release for PC is really turning me off. With less than a month before the date that every retailer "thinks" they are getting Rocksmith PC, there has not been one shred of evidence that it is on track. To the contrary, moderators on each of their Facebook pages have quickly stated that any date being tossed out is not theirs and they will let you know. This doesn't bode well for optimism.

Trey_Trey
11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by SiliconSicilian:
I am also waiting for the PC version as I don't have a supported console...coupled with not wanting to mod my setup even if I did have a console.

What I have to give credit to is that Rocksmith has really marketed Epiphone Les Paul guitars well. In fact, I am eying an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III in Midnight Sapphire so bad that they are about to bleed, I think.

However, the lack of information on the software release for PC is really turning me off. With less than a month before the date that every retailer "thinks" they are getting Rocksmith PC, there has not been one shred of evidence that it is on track. To the contrary, moderators on each of their Facebook pages have quickly stated that any date being tossed out is not theirs and they will let you know. This doesn't bode well for optimism.

I've beta'd a few games and understand the need to wait till it's done right.

But yea...they need to throw us a bone with a little info. My guess is it's not going to be ready for 12/13 (the BB "release" date). No big deal, just give us a little heads-up is all I'm asking.

SiliconSicilian
11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Even a systems requirements posting would be a positive. Ubisoft has to be careful because signs are starting to point toward a silent cancellation.

On the plus side, Garageband is pretty decent, IMO.

rhinokio
11-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Even a systems requirements posting would be a positive. Ubisoft has to be careful because signs are starting to point toward a silent cancellation.

cancelation? because they have not announced systemspecs? you must jump like crazy to get to that conclusion.

WickedBadz
11-19-2011, 03:17 AM
I wonder if my Behringer UCG102 USB interface will work with it?
No it uses it's own cable, the USB interface you're talking about isn't anything close to what this cable is doing.

stimike
11-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Awesome thing about the PC version is you dont have to worry about the lives.

Still has 5 lives for PC version? Run cheatengine and lock that 5 solid so it never drops and play as long as you want http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mltdwn21
11-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Bought the 360 version on release and now waiting on the PC version... Primarly because one of my many jobs at work is programming so I am looking forward to trying to hack apart the Data files and see if there is a way to put custom tracks/tabs in... If so I think that would greatly open up the programming from a learning perspective (not that it isn't great already).

helkish
11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Actually, it's quite the opposite. The rocksmith cable acts like a sound card with a mic port. Coincidentally, so does my Behringer USB interface.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards...5-rocksmith/60745484 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/624515-rocksmith/60745484)

They could put a check in their to make sure it is the rocksmith cable. Some of the games that come with video cards, check to ensure that the model video card is actually installed.

I doubt anyone would actually go out and buy Behringer or other USB interface for the game, considering additional rocksmith cables go for $30. And a cable already comes with the game.

SiliconSicilian
11-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by rhinokio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiliconSicilian:

cancelation? because they have not announced systemspecs? you must jump like crazy to get to that conclusion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My remark is not in response to absence of system specs. It is in response to negative reviews of the game coupled with any references to PC being either removed from official locations or blown off as hearsay by official moderators. I have not concluded that a cancellation is occurring but I am not discounting the possibility, neither.

Ubisoft is having a few legal issues right now and they don't seem to be handling them too well. There doesn't appear to be any evidence that this is the root of a PC delay so other factors must exist.

As I mentioned before; there are other routes for PC users to play a rhythm game with any real guitar and Rocksmith is definitely not the first. Ubisoft is losing more and more ground as they delay.

LaelaMiles
11-21-2011, 06:14 PM
GameStop is now saying end of 2012 for PC version. Not even 2011. Literally the end of 2012.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/rocksmith/90996

Likely means they don't have a date now. Tell me it's not cancelled please... Ubisoft has dodged all direct questions on this.

Trey_Trey
11-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LaelaMiles:
GameStop is now saying end of 2012 for PC version. Not even 2011. Literally the end of 2012.

Likely means they don't have a date now. Tell me it's not cancelled please... Ubisoft has dodged all direct questions on this.

Well, for what it's worth....BB still has 12/13/11.

On the bright side, I should be half way decent by then when it comes out.

BobPeters61
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Trey_Trey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaelaMiles:

On the bright side, I should be half way decent by then when it comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could it have to do with volume of pre-orders?

Could they be holding out to ship only to store chains that reach a certain number of pre-orders? I could see Best Buy getting more of those than Game Stop does.

Trey_Trey
11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trey_Trey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaelaMiles:

On the bright side, I should be half way decent by then when it comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could it have to do with volume of pre-orders?

Could they be holding out to ship only to store chains that reach a certain number of pre-orders? I could see Best Buy getting more of those than Game Stop does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is it's not ready. Too many bugs. Hey, I'll beta it....no problem.

TonyFarkas
11-23-2011, 07:25 AM
I hope in the PC version they can use the guitar as the controller for speedy navigation!

Once the pc version comes out I will sell my xbox. I only bought it just to play Rocksmith.

LaelaMiles
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TonyFarkas:
I hope in the PC version they can use the guitar as the controller for speedy navigation!

Once the pc version comes out I will sell my xbox. I only bought it just to play Rocksmith.

Aren't you satisfied with the xbox?

panther289
11-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Have the PS3 version and was interested in the PC version for the laptop for travel. Little more portable then a console.

With so many different dates listed for the release, it would be a good idea for the company to atleast straighten the mess out.

According to the Gamestop by me, their date is Jan. 2013. If it ain't coming out till after the end of the world (12/21/2012), I'll go pickup Guitar Pro 6. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

LaelaMiles
11-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by panther289:
Have the PS3 version and was interested in the PC version for the laptop for travel. Little more portable then a console.

With so many different dates listed for the release, it would be a good idea for the company to atleast straighten the mess out.

According to the Gamestop by me, their date is Jan. 2013. If it ain't coming out till after the end of the world (12/21/2012), I'll go pickup Guitar Pro 6. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

How does Guitar Pro 6 help? Looking at the website, but I can't figure out if it would be any use for learning the guitar.

helkish
11-23-2011, 01:41 PM
How does Guitar Pro 6 help? Looking at the website, but I can't figure out if it would be any use for learning the guitar.

With Guitar Pro you select just a portion of a song and slow the tempo down and and repeat it over and over. It can also increase the tempo after a number of iterations.

The problem with Guitar Pro is that most of the free tab you download from the internet is either wrong or some eles interpretation of the song.

I think the makers of Guitar Pro are trying to address this now. In the latest version there is a feature called My Song Book which you can buy professionally tabbed songs.

LaelaMiles
11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
With Guitar Pro you select just a portion of a song and slow the tempo down and and repeat it over and over.

Interesting, but how does it show the notes? Is it shown as sheet music?

helkish
11-23-2011, 03:04 PM
It can display both tablature and notes at the same time. Or you can chose to display one or the other.

helkish
11-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Rocksmith also shows tablature it just comes flying at you.

Tablature is just 6 lines representing each string and a number which represents the fret.

LaelaMiles
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
It can display both tablature and notes at the same time. Or you can chose to display one or the other.

Wow!! That sounds pretty awesome... I'm not sure why I'm waiting for Rocksmith for PC now. At least, I don't have to pin my hopes on it, this sounds like a great fallback.

panther289
11-23-2011, 06:05 PM
That's the delima for me. Guitar Pro is more for writing tab / music then a learning tool. It can be used as a learning tool with the scales, rythym progressions, and a looping feature with the tabs. But, it is geared more for someone needing a user friendly writing tool.

With the internet tab you really need to go through it to make sure it is accurate. Having a well trained ear helps. If you haven't spent time transcribing then you face an up hill battle trying to work the wrong parts out.

Rocksmith is a learning tool and game which has me playing more then I have in the last four years. Skill games and the dynamic difficulty keep me interested in a way Guitar Pro won't.

Hopefully Ubisoft will get a set date (12/13/11 would be great) and announce it here.

LaelaMiles
11-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Just bought Guitar Pro 6 for $45. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/...om_Guitar_Pro_6.html (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/713126-REG/eMedia_Music_IP04101_CD_Rom_Guitar_Pro_6.html)

Still hoping that Rocksmith makes it though.

Jotamide
11-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Man, I hope the PC version comes to Steam and if they add tools to create our own songs just imagine...I would have SO MUCH FUN WITH THAT!

LaelaMiles
11-25-2011, 04:53 PM
OMG, Guitar Pro 6 is so awesome. I've been using the demo version with included the Moonlight sonata tab.

This thing ROCKS. You can loop over bars and practice all you want. You can even call up a little window that will show you the fingering on a guitar neck for the current bar. KILLER.

I was debating whether to get a 360 for Rocksmith, but now I can see that would have been a folly. PC version or nothing for me.

Thanks for the Guitar Pro recommendation!!

panther289
11-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Cool, glad you like it. I picked up a copy at GC and started converting standard tabs to notation as I came from a cello / sheet music background.

I still want the Rocksmith for PC. It will give me the games aspect, a fun way to learn the songs quite fast, and the extra cord for multi-play. Not to mention the portablity of the laptop for traveling.

Anyone heard if the date is still 12/13/11?

chrisw004
11-25-2011, 09:06 PM
I've pre-ordered through Amazon. It still says Dec. 13 release date and a Dec 15 "delivery estimate".
I want RS bad, but I'm not shelling out 200 bucks for a console. "PC or none" for me.

chrisw004
11-25-2011, 09:18 PM
There was this posted in another thread just titled "PC's" by an official Ubi Tech. Shouldn't this settle it?

CircusMidget_TS
Ubisoft Technical Support
Posted Mon November 07 2011 06:53 Hide Post
Yes, Rocksmith will be available for the PC in December.

Trey_Trey
11-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by chrisw004:
There was this posted in another thread just titled "PC's" by an official Ubi Tech. Shouldn't this settle it?

CircusMidget_TS
Ubisoft Technical Support
Posted Mon November 07 2011 06:53 Hide Post
Yes, Rocksmith will be available for the PC in December.

A couple of weeks till "release" and no specs or word from Ubi. Guess I'm just a bit ancy...pre-ordered on the spot and getting a bit nervous.

ihateubidrm
11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
A couple of weeks till "release" and no specs or word from Ubi. Guess I'm just a bit ancy...pre-ordered on the spot and getting a bit nervous.

Exactly, there is no way in the world that they will release this Dec 13th. I really hope that I am wrong.

But there is no official communication, the game has not gone gold and no specs or any information is available for the PC.

Like this, nobody is hyped about it going live on the PC. I think Ubi is just going to focus on the PS3 & XBOX360. Perhaps release the PC version next year.

And sorry, some "tech" guy writing on the forum that it's still going to be released Dec 13th is not enough. If it's going to be released - where is the official company communication and the hype they need to build up ?

chrisw004
11-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I would think that the "tech" would have been told not to communicate what he did on Nov. 7th if in fact there was going to be a delay or cancellation of the PC version.
If they do cancel or delay, then we are talking VERY bad business and the word of mouth on something like that could really make a dent in Ubisoft's profits. It would be enough for me not to buy anything from Ubi again.

ihateubidrm
11-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by chrisw004:
I would think that the "tech" would have been told not to communicate what he did on Nov. 7th if in fact there was going to be a delay or cancellation of the PC version.

"Tech" probably wasn't told to communicate anything. UBI's official policy and release is still Dec 13th - which is what any "tech" or down the chain employee will tell you.

This is just the whole discussion, you have to look past that part and agree that the situation is VERY worrysome for the PC release.

Since the introduction of the draconian DRM for their PC games - I doubt they really care much about "word of mouth" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Again, I only hope that I'm wrong about this as I would LOVE Rocksmith for the PC...

deathm00n
11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Someone from Ubisoft need to come here and say to us if it will at least be released, I'm not asking for a date, I just want to know if I can hope to have it. Because I'm not going to buy a console now(they are all being left behind by pc graphics) I want it in my computer, and I really want to know if I can run it also:
Pentium D 3.0ghz
ram 2gb
Geforce 220 gt 1gb
Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

Jotamide
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Anyone talking/asking about the PC version on Facebook?

One month till release and it's been pretty quiet about specs.

Just wondering if there's any grummblins going on over there.
Exactly, at least they should have the decency to tell us whether it's coming out or not.

SiliconSicilian
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by deathm00n:
Someone from Ubisoft need to come here and say to us if it will at least be released, I'm not asking for a date, I just want to know if I can hope to have it. Because I'm not going to buy a console now(they are all being left behind by pc graphics) I want it in my computer, and I really want to know if I can run it also:
Pentium D 3.0ghz
ram 2gb
Geforce 220 gt 1gb

If you cap your RAM at 4GB, you should be okay. That is my hunch based on how other comparable games run in W7U. You may even be fine with the 2GB but GH3 was horrible for memory crash so I wouldn't chance it.

NSF2012
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathm00n:
Pentium D 3.0ghz
ram 2gb
Geforce 220 gt 1gb

If you cap your RAM at 4GB, you should be okay. That is my hunch based on how other comparable games run in W7U. You may even be fine with the 2GB but GH3 was horrible for memory crash so I wouldn't chance it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...the main problem I'm concerning about is the graphics requirement. I tend to believe 2GB is adequate for such a music game but I really don't know the requirement for graphics card since I only have a 9300MGS on my laptop which is out-of-date today.

LaelaMiles
11-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Dear club... keep waiting.

UPDATE:

Hey guys, this is Nao, the producer of Rocksmith. I got a bit of bad news about the PC version. Our team has been focused on the post launch support of the console versions with DLC and title updates to address the feedback weve been getting from the community. As a result, the PC version development fell behind schedule.

I know it sucks, but were a small development team so its tough for us to tackle more than a couple things at a time. The current plan is to have the PC version ready in May. Im sure this is disappointing news for those of you waiting for the PC version, but I promise well work to get it done as soon as we can. Thanks for your understanding, and we really appreciate all the support you guys have given us!

SUMMARY:

May is so far away, it is essentially meaningless. Translate Nao's statement to mean that PC version is CANCELLED.

panther289
11-28-2011, 08:04 PM
LaelaMiles, Thanks for the update.
Put on the back burner and if I remember it in May I might pick it up. I have a feeling I will be done with most if not all of the songs by then though.

deathm00n
11-29-2011, 07:12 AM
so... goodbye christmas gift http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Hopefully I didn't bought the guitar I was planning to buy

rhinokio
11-29-2011, 07:20 AM
this sucks, i dont believe in laelas tendancy to yell CANCELLED!!! every 2 seconds i believe it will release for pc. and really this makes sense for them. why release for pc now and have all the same problems they have for consoles. focus on patching the consoles to a point where people are happy, and roll all of that in to the pc version. I have the xbox version but was hoping for a pc version also so i could play while my girl watches tv.

Trey_Trey
11-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, I figured it was going to be pushed back. Most PC games usually are. Meh, I'll keep plugging away with Mr. Justin. I hope this time around we get updates (good or bad) sooner.

Hey Ubi, pm me if you need a beta tester. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

a-p51
11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by deathm00n:
so... goodbye christmas gift http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Same case here except that I was not so smart.

Trey_Trey
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by a-p51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathm00n:

Same case here except that I was not so smart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say, get the g'tar and head over to www.justinguitar.com (http://www.justinguitar.com) and go through the Beginner's Course.

a-p51
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I say, get the g'tar and head over to www.justinguitar.com (http://www.justinguitar.com) and go through the Beginner's Course.

Yep, that's my plan.

oldgeezer99
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
pc dudes, just go buy a ps3 and be done with it... besides it's a lot more fun playing RS in front of a bigscreen tv, than it would be in an office chair in front of a pc, right?

just saying...

a-p51
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by oldgeezer99:
pc dudes, just go buy a ps3 and be done with it...

No problem, just give me the money

Trey_Trey
11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
pc dudes, just go buy a ps3 and be done with it... besides it's a lot more fun playing RS in front of a bigscreen tv, than it would be in an office chair in front of a pc, right?

just saying...

It would have been nice to know the delay was coming before black friday....I saw a few ps3's on sale. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

LaelaMiles
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
this sucks, i dont believe in laelas tendancy to yell CANCELLED!!! every 2 seconds i believe it will release for pc. and really this makes sense for them. why release for pc now and have all the same problems they have for consoles. focus on patching the consoles to a point where people are happy, and roll all of that in to the pc version. I have the xbox version but was hoping for a pc version also so i could play while my girl watches tv.

This one is for you:

https://www.facebook.com/photo...1544094903275&type=1 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301309223224176&set=o.151544094903275&type=1)

Thanakir
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
May? I'm sorry, but this means goodbye Rocksmith for me.
Maybe if this had been announced earlier I would have made the jump to console due to the various deals that were offered last week (rebate on console and rocksmith at half price) but right now... No.

I'm sorry but the PC version of Rocksmith simply feels like a myth at this point. Two delays for PC users just leaves a bad taste.

I was really excited about the game a few months ago, but the more I hear about the PC version, the more depressing it gets.
At this point it feels foolish to wait for it any longer.

rhinokio
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
then dont "wait" just go about life as normal then when it comes out.. whenever if you still want to play get it. if not, then dont,

a-p51
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Rocksmith is still listed as a pre-order for the 13 dec on amazon...

Anyway 6 month delay is just another way to say that rocksmith PC is cancelled

rhinokio
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinokio:

This one is for you:

https://www.facebook.com/photo...1544094903275&type=1 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301309223224176&set=o.151544094903275&type=1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i guess i dont get what you are trying to do there.

SiliconSicilian
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Ubisoft is playing games now. I think they are pretending to be Blizzard... but Blizzard actually releases games on the platforms they say they will. I hope Gibson/Epiphone tell Ubisoft to shove it.

chrisw004
11-29-2011, 06:01 PM

just saying...

Why would I drop 200+ dollars on a console when it's totally unnecessary? And how can you not know that any PC/laptop can be hooked up to any new (or newer) LCD/LED big screen via HDMI or VGA?

Thanakir
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
then dont "wait" just go about life as normal then when it comes out.. whenever if you still want to play get it. if not, then dont,
Exactly what I said I would do.

BobPeters61
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM

just saying...

I watch TV on my PC with a tuner card, which plays a few seconds behind the signal it gets. Not an issue for watching TV, but would effectively render any game console connected to it unplayable. And my monitor has a bigger screen than any TV I would buy and squeeze in just for a gaming monitor.

I'm not a gamer. This is the only game either of those consoles has to interest me. I'm interested in a learning aid for teaching myself to play guitar.

I can't justify the cost of a console, TV and the game too when that money would be better spent on training materials, accessories for my electric guitar and maybe an acoustic guitar.

MauriceBujold
11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Hypothetically, if there were a cover band who called themselves Rocksmith playing in dive bars around Southend, England who had been calling themselves Rocksmith for a few years before Ubisoft went to register game under the same name, how do you suppose that the band of unknown, middle-aged never-beens would react? Probably demand what amounts to millions of dollars (pounds? euros?) in free publicity?

Still, hypothetically, do you think Ubisoft would, or even COULD, inform its customers of the situation? In a climate where many people are decidedly anti-corporation (despite the fact that Ubisoft as a corporation employs a lot more people than some English pub band) what is Ubisoft to do?

Change the name? That sets a fun precedent, doesn't it!?

Appease the band? Can't see that backfiring!?

Nope, enter the lawyers to demonstrate that the band's use of the trademark isn't significant in the marketplace and the loss of said trademark would, if anything, be MORE valuable to the band than if Ubisoft had simply changed the name in the first place.

Incidentally, porting a game from the XBox to Windows can be *extremely* easy and I imagine a working version of Rocksmith exists for the PC but with the lack of region-locking Ubisoft lawyers probably advised the delay in light of the trademark case.

I mean, if such a thing were happening right now... hypothetically speaking.

rhinokio
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
the isue with the band in england has nothing to do with the pc version getting dellayed..
that just has to do with the delay of the release in england.

what is causing the delay is they released consoles got swamped by people going

FIX THIS FIX THIS!! I"M NEVER PLAYING ANOTHER UBI GAME UNLESS THEY FIX THIS!

so why would they turn around and launch another version of the game with the same exact bugs in it? everyone in here complaining about the delay would then just be complaining about the bugs everyone else are.

they are going to try and fix the game on consoles and then roll any fixes into the first release for pc. and that is the smart move.

now i'm not saying that theres no chance it will get cancceled, if the dollar guys look at the numbers and think it wont proffit, then sure they will can it. but i think its way premature to be yelling "CANCELLED" at this momment.

guitarnovice
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah im waiting for the PC version too. I dont own any consoles, i use my rig specifically for gaming though, and its a beast so im not worried about specs.

I just want it!

Goooner1
11-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by MauriceBujold:

Incidentally, porting a game from the XBox to Windows can be *extremely* easy and I imagine a working version of Rocksmith exists for the PC but with the lack of region-locking Ubisoft lawyers probably advised the delay in light of the trademark case.

Because the whole lack of region coding put a stop to the PS3 release too, didn't it...oh, wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I read an article in Rolling Stone, sorry haven't got the link to hand, but Ubi were apparently so close to canning the whole thing, let alone the PC version. I think it's just that Ubi have no faith in the game and don't want to spend any more money on it.

Not forgetting how much Ubisoft hates PC games, of course, as they think nobody actually buys them and that we all pirate them.

It's the Rocksmith guys, I feel sorry for, the ones that brought us this incredible game/learning tool and are getting no support from a rubbish publisher.

a-p51
11-30-2011, 02:12 AM
That shows an incredibly lack of respect for the customer. The worse being that, if they finally release the game for PC (which I seriously doubt), they will complain that the PC market is not profitable enough.

Mad_Duck_03
11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by MauriceBujold:
...Change the name? That sets a fun precedent, doesn't it!?

I don't think 'Guitar Rising' is being used yet.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

I got it for PS3, because I didn't want to wait till December to get the version I really wanted.
After essentially being labeled a 'pirate' (not by Nao, but one of ubi's other posters,) my little act of protest will be to not drop a dime on DLC until May, and then only buying it on PC.
It's too bad that there haven't been any other AAA titles released lately to keep me occupied until then.

BobPeters61
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
what is causing the delay is they released consoles got swamped by people going

FIX THIS FIX THIS!! I"M NEVER PLAYING ANOTHER UBI GAME UNLESS THEY FIX THIS!

Call me a geezer, but I seem to recall a time when companies were expected to get new products working right before bringing them to market.

Now, they look at R&D as a liability and limit them to the equivalent of a handful of nerds working out of a garage or basement, market the first rough beta these guys want to test out and blow the rest of the new product's budget on marketing to hype the underdeveloped concept ware.

Then when the inevitable flood of bug reports pour in due to the swarm of bugs never worked out of it, they act completely blindsided by cause and effect, to the point of being incapacitated to carry on the advertised continued development.

Ysewsrs
12-01-2011, 03:59 AM
It's funny that they make the announcement within 2 weeks of the damned launch date. Other companies can manage to not only release on console, but also PC the same day...WTF is Ubi's problem? As someone else pointed out, you knew about this well before the 28th...how about clueing your customer base in? I passed up GREAT deals on consoles because I was led to believe by your company that I would only be waiting a couple more weeks. In my book, that's a misrepresentation by your company, leading me to wonder if you can deliver this product at all. This is how you alienate customers. Instead of knuckling up and fixing things in time to deliver, you push off your customers to give yourselves time to do it at your own pace. I was planning on buying 2 copies of this game, one for myself, and for my nephew. Now I will not be buying ANY copies.

rhinokio
12-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ysewsrs:
It's funny that they make the announcement within 2 weeks of the damned launch date. Other companies can manage to not only release on console, but also PC the same day...WTF is Ubi's problem? As someone else pointed out, you knew about this well before the 28th...how about clueing your customer base in? I passed up GREAT deals on consoles because I was led to believe by your company that I would only be waiting a couple more weeks. In my book, that's a misrepresentation by your company, leading me to wonder if you can deliver this product at all. This is how you alienate customers. Instead of knuckling up and fixing things in time to deliver, you push off your customers to give yourselves time to do it at your own pace. I was planning on buying 2 copies of this game, one for myself, and for my nephew. Now I will not be buying ANY copies.

lols

SiliconSicilian
12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Many things feel very underhanded about this whole deal. Obviously, yanking a project 2 weeks before release and a day after cyber monday (where PC users could have jumped to a console rather cost-effectively) is going to peeve many PC users off. Then, you give a lame excuse that the technical issues with the consoles would only be duplicated on PC...no they wouldn't as there is no AV lag and PC users know how to deal with patch updates for minor fixes. You also give a BS response that DLC is holding you up? So, the 2-3 song packs are holding you up for 6 extra months? What about the 12 song packs that are scheduled over that time? Are those 12 song packs going to translate to another 4 years? If the same people who do the note tracking were also doing the porting (which we know they aren't) Ubisoft is a very poorly run company (but we know they are, anyway.)

Ubisoft hates PC games and they are not shy about saying PC users are all pirates. Go on any pirate site and look at the flood of 0-day warez for consoles, Ubisoft.

Anyone who is serious about learning to play guitar would more likely own a PC or a Mac than they would a gaming console. Market research is a failure at Ubisoft. The reason why you are doing so poorly in sales and reviews is the above reason.

ProTools5
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Ubisoft please ship this game :-)

the second it hits the self you can have ny cold hard earned cash!

raynebc
12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Anyone who is serious about learning to play guitar would more likely own a PC or a Mac than they would a gaming console.
Sounds like a made up statistic to me.

ihateubidrm
12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by raynebc:

Seems like a correct statement. There are many more PC's in the market than consoles.

You can also say "Anyone who is not serious about learning guitar is more likely to own a PC or a MAC than a gaming console"

a-p51
12-02-2011, 05:15 AM

I don't have any idea about the exact numbers, but it's true that the market target is different than classical games and the target is richer, older and more prone to have a PC or a mac than a console.

It's by the way a total failure from Ubisoft to not propose a Rocksmith mac, considering the number of musicians or wannabe musicians on this platform (and I really don't like apple).

They completely ****ed up they market strategy, but they will complain that it's because of "piracy".

helkish
12-02-2011, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiliconSicilian:
Anyone who is serious about learning to play guitar would more likely own a PC or a Mac than they would a gaming console.
Sounds like a made up statistic to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right.

Established musicians already own a PC or Mac with software like Cuebase, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc.

I'm not saying there isn't a musician with that doesn't have a 360/Xbox. But it's more likely they will have a PC or Mac, to lay tracks down etc.

SiliconSicilian
12-02-2011, 06:41 PM
A comment is not a statistic. However, it is the truth. Social network sites cater to musicians and they are used most often on computers...go figure. My family also comes from musical backgrounds and it is much easier for them to bring laptops on tour with them than to lug around a gaming console, a tv, a stereo, and their gear.

raynebc
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Your personal anecdote doesn't automatically reflect the behaviors of all would-be guitarists as a whole. I have 4 web capable game consoles but I generally just use my computer because it's more convenient for me. Neither of our experiences are "the truth" for such a wide demographic as you would like to think.

BobPeters61
12-02-2011, 08:51 PM
The point is that the demographic to whom Rocksmith appeals most are would-be guitarists, rather than gamers.

So with a different demographic having nothing to do with whether or not they are gamers, then you need to look at the console ownership breakdown of the general population rather than that of just gamers.

Sure, more gamers have consoles than don't, but more people in general have computers than have gaming consoles.

Gaming consoles are expensive and do little more than simply play video games. And if the titles advertised on this ubi.com website are any representation of the content available for them, I personally could have more fun with an antique Super Nintendo than I could with either console to which this game is ported. Most people get more bang for the buck than that from computers, which can do all sorts of different things.

Hardwire666
12-02-2011, 09:45 PM
/Facepalm

This should have released on PC first.

Everyone I know with a console has returned the game, because they can't wrap thier head around the fact that digital audio for Home Theater has an inherent latency to it. They scratch their heads like monkeys trying to pull a bannana from a clear box, and then proceed to throw feces at their 40" TV's in fustration.

PC has established standards for lowlatency audio that this game could have benefited from.
Not to mention with the power of todays PC's you could have created better amp/stomp sims, taken advantage of higher bitdepth, and higher sampling rates. Not tomention CUDA on Nvida GPU's that has been proven to work for complex audio processing with zero CPU impact.

Now with the lack of a PC version, and console customers being fustrated I see a poor future for this game.

By the time this game releases I will more than likely not care anymore, and that is a big let down.

**Side Note**
A smart thing would have been to partner with companies like Gibson, Fender, IK-Multimedia, and Peavy. Not Guitar Center, and Best Buy.

rhinokio
12-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardwire666:
/Facepalm

This should have released on PC first.

Everyone I know with a console has returned the game, because they can't wrap thier head around the fact that digital audio for Home Theater has an inherent latency to it. They scratch their heads like monkeys trying to pull a bannana from a clear box, and then proceed to throw feces at their 40" TV's in fustration.

PC has established standards for lowlatency audio that this game could have benefited from.
Not to mention with the power of todays PC's you could have created better amp/stomp sims, taken advantage of higher bitdepth, and higher sampling rates. Not tomention CUDA on Nvida GPU's that has been proven to work for complex audio processing with zero CPU impact.

Now with the lack of a PC version, and console customers being fustrated I see a poor future for this game.

By the time this game releases I will more than likely not care anymore, and that is a big let down.

**Side Note**
A smart thing would have been to partner with companies like Gibson, Fender, IK-Multimedia, and Peavy. Not Guitar Center, and Best Buy.
they are partnered with gibson out the yinyang, the bundle comes with a gibson, and most if not all the guitars in the game are gibsons.

a-p51
12-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Amazon list now Rocksmith PC for the 31 may. Another way to say it'll never be released.

So except if you want spend $$$ on a console just for a game and give 70$ to a company which consider you as crap, you should look for alternatives now.

ayanefan
12-03-2011, 06:02 AM
I bought a Hello Kitty guitar for my 7yr old and a Gypsy Rose for my 10yr old. I was hoping to put this under the tree this year. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Well, if Ubi Soft wants to give my girls an early release I'll be more than happy to accept. I might even make a video for Ubi too.
(The next Wilson sisters? Hmmmm... you never know)

SiliconSicilian
12-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Your personal anecdote doesn't automatically reflect the behaviors of all would-be guitarists as a whole. I have 4 web capable game consoles but I generally just use my computer because it's more convenient for me. Neither of our experiences are "the truth" for such a wide demographic as you would like to think.

No, however, the fact that you are trolling a PC Waiters Club thread on a forum with a PC after stating you do own a PC says a lot. I am not creating any demographics. But I am stating a fact that more people own PC's than XBox's and PS3's combined.

Further, the technology and algorithms in this game were originally designed for another game/tutorial software which was, in fact, to be a PC and Mac only release. Ubisoft reverse engineered it to release on consoles.

a-p51
12-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Further, the technology and algorithms in this game were originally designed for another game/tutorial software which was, in fact, to be a PC and Mac only release.

Interesting, that means that this story of lack of manpower is even crappier than I thought. Do you have a link ?

Ubisoft reverse engineered it to release on consoles.

It's porting and not reverse engineering (which is used when there is no sources)

SiliconSicilian
12-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the term correction as you are correct.

As for the link...wikipedia search Rocksmith and you'll find some startling information if you look at the similar releases from other companies. Guitar Rising was to be a computer release. All links to the company involved are dead and they will no longer answer queries. Somehow, Ubisoft obtained the software.

JamOrigin are developers who have a couple pieces of software that are available today, as betas I think. One caveat, though, is that they are poor learning tools. You play the songs in the same fashion as Rocksmith but there is no progressive learning. Novices and beginners should prepared to have a lot of 1-5% scores until you are proficient at the song. That said, some guitarists just want a cool game that shows them some new tabs for songs at the same time. JamOrigin gives them the option.

SiliconSicilian
12-03-2011, 08:42 AM
I will say that even purchasing the Rocksmith cable and using it with any computer teaching software is pretty sweet. I have personally tested the cable with Garageband and some others and it works quite well as a recognized Guitar Mic device. USB input even tells you the name of the cable (on my Mac anyway.) I just have to obtain my own cable now.

I must say that some of the arguments in favour of PS3 acquisition on this forum have me tempted to just buy a console. I do not currently own a dvd or blue ray player apart from the drive in my computer. The only issue I have is that my tv is an old tube tv with only composite inputs and I have no stereo system. This means I am likely going to have lag from day one.

a-p51
12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
JamOrigin are developers who have a couple pieces of software that are available today, as betas I think.

Thanks for the ref, i'll have a look.

OK Done.

It's far from Rockmisth but looks promising. I hope they will find a way to have fundings and make it better.

MeanMisterMust
12-05-2011, 04:00 AM

Thanks for that link! Looks Great.

and btw...
I'm waiting for the PC version in any case, for me it will be PC or nothing - hope it's not nothing.

tdjong
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Clicking 'buy now' brings you to amazon, and choosing PC there doesn't promise much good.

It shows the 31st of May now.

I was hoping to buy the PC version this month... But no luck apparantly.

Tragic that there's such a delay.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S...0/&ref=rocksmith_ubi (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S5PBM0/&ref=rocksmith_ubi)

ProTools5
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I would agree that most musicians have a Pc or Mac and having a gaming station would be secondary.

My ProTools Rig is on a G4 / Mac.
Then I have 4 back up G4s in the attic.
There is an Areosmith joke in there somewere :-)
*loaded G4s are like $60 at the swapmeet now!

Then I have a primary PC,
gaming station PC, I only play COD series
car tuning PC laptop.

zbox - Nope!
PS3 - Nope!
PS2 - Have a PS2 and only keep GT4 in it.
I bouth the PS2 ONLY! to practice driving at high speed on the Grand Turismo series games.

I will not buy a PS3 just for RS
just to have it latent thru the very nice setup i have.
PS3 > recivier > onboard DSP EQ > DAC > Amp > speaker chain.
that is a good way to put an nice American guitar thru a nice LCD big screen :-/

to be honest I'd pay $200 in an instant
for a good PC or Mac guitar trainer app.
@ $300 I would pi$$ and moan ,,, then pay up!

ProTools5
12-09-2011, 01:52 AM
the more i think about it the more i am sold ubi is not in tune with the target audience.

ppl with spare money are usually short on time
having a time for regimented lessons
a trainer app solves that for the working stiff
working stiffs have PCs and Macs.

I would be so excited if i could play any Hendrix song any amount better.

RocqueFloyd
12-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Member of the PC waiters club. Looking forward to ditching the PS3 again.

Horrific66
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Game got delayed till May, well a slight disappointment but okay. See you in May then with my hard earned money, for the PC version is the only one I'll consider. I already have money invested for the Guitar & Recording, on my PC, like I'm sure most guitar players do.

Not buying a console...

ever.

xautu
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
what about this PC release ?

http://tnij.org/okb0

is it delayed till May or not ??

tdjong
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by xautu:
what about this PC release ?

is it delayed till May or not ??

Not entirely sure. They state the expected date is December 13th, but Amazon still shows May 31st.

I'm really anxious to get my hands on the PC version - I couldn't care less about consoles - but I guess the only way to find out when we'll get it is by waiting until Tuesday.

SiliconSicilian
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM

The semi-official word is May 2012. That may either be a totally BS date with no PC release planned or they may be dealing with unknown issues and foresee 6 months as adequate to get that done.

What I really find funny is that every time someone changes the date to May 2012 on Wikipedia, it miraculously reverts back to December 2011 shortly after.

Any mention of the difficulty to "port" this software to PC is just BS, though. The "game" was originally programmed for PC and Mac release and adopted by Ubisoft. This may mean there are legal difficulties in getting a computer version released.

European console users are in this same boat as Ubisoft is having legal issues with trademarks overseas.

Gardentwine79
12-11-2011, 07:46 AM
It really makes me angry when PC is delayed, All software is first made on pc then ported to consoles so why they porting back again seems backwards and stupid this was not a dig at ubi i talking about all software today...

raynebc
12-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Software developed for a specific platform is not automatically compatible with other platforms. The development has to be done from a computer because it's not like they're going to type the source code and compile it on a game console.

Trey_Trey
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Lol....I got a "Your order is ready to pick up" email from Best Buy....

Your purchase will be ready for pickup at the Best Buy store #603 on Tuesday, December 13, 2011. Please do not go to the store to pick up your order before this date.

I guess I should call and break it to them....Or better yet, go and make a huge fuss and demand free stuffs... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SiliconSicilian
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
If it isn't out of your way, make the trip down and have a laugh or two. In the meantime, enjoy the PC Waiters Club...it is going to be long. I am getting more and more tempted by those shiny black PS3's...

oldgeezer99
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM
dudes buy a ps3 already... what if it's delayed til june, or never?

Hardwire666
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
For the price of the 320GB PS3 I could almost buy another GTX580, Or 32Gb of memory, another 27" monitor, LCD TV, New audio interface... ect.

Point being there are better ways to spend $300 than on a PS3, or 360. Hence the "PC Waiters Club".

BobPeters61
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
No way am I going to lay out big bucks for a console. Especially since I can only see myself playing the one game on it.

I'm still skeptical enough that the big advantage I was counting on this game for was to take the drudgery out of drilling in the muscle memory, which I've seen as a substantial advantage. I gave up on eMedia's piano method with my midi keyboard on that point and just use it like I did my mom's piano as a kid.

However, the night before the RS/PC release was originally promised, I can somewhat quickly make 7 chords: all the major chords except b maj, for which I know b7 instead. I can play C on each string at will and have figured out and taught myself to pick out the melody of a favorite old church hymn on mostly open strings.

Since I can't buy the game this month, I'm getting myself a nice low-end acoustic for the learning for which it's better suited than my electric.

Continuing my improvement as it's own reward, I just might have lost interest in this game by the next promised release date Or at least lost interest as a learning tool for which I'm neither waiting nor buying unwanted expensive electronics.

But if it eventually comes out in PC form, this game might still be a fun play pretty.

Trey_Trey
12-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Just a quick Yo to fellow Club Members on release day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Also a quick head up to those who like the more visual method of teaching. I ran into this site www.farhatguitar.com (http://www.farhatguitar.com) and really like the lessons. I've only been playing 3 or so months and it gave me a good feeling playing some Fade to Black last night (very slow mind you). I'm definitely going to spend some time there.

Incufer
12-13-2011, 10:32 AM
http://www.facebook.com/RockSmithCanada?sk=wall

I'm sure it will make no difference in Ubisoft's priorities, but an onslaught of complaints on their facebook page should wake them up at least a bit. Follow suit! No respectable company waits until two weeks prior to the release date to delay a game 6 months that people are buying for the holidays. On top of that, a game that people may have bought an entirely separate piece of equipment on their own time just to use.

boostednorm
12-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Pre-purchased at BestBuy, got the email to go pick it up today, the release date, wait 45 minutes as they search the world for it... sorry, release date moved to 1 July 2012. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

-Norm

mygodchris
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
July 2012? is this the new ToeJam&Earl or Diablo3? Guess I'm forced to use the force...seeya all on SW:TOR =/ :Shakefist:

Originally posted by boostednorm:
Pre-purchased at BestBuy, got the email to go pick it up today, the release date, wait 45 minutes as they search the world for it... sorry, release date moved to 1 July 2012. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

-Norm

boostednorm
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mygodchris:
July 2012? is this the new ToeJam&Earl or Diablo3? Guess I'm forced to use the force...seeya all on SW:TOR =/ :Shakefist:

Yes, apparently. It would have been nice if ubisoft would have told Bestbuy before today so the order I made on 4 Dec wouldn't have ended this way nor have $80 in limbo with my paypal account.

Alfred Prufrock
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow, this is ******ed. I wanted it on PC because I already have a good Tascam interface, so I wouldn't have to deal with all the latency issues you get on xbox and ps3.

towlin
12-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I am officially off the PC waiters club, took the plunge for the 360 deal on Black Friday, couldn't pass it up. Hang in there guys, its been a great experience so far for me.

SiliconSicilian
12-17-2011, 07:51 PM
I am sorry, devoted members of the PC Waiters Club...I caved in to a no-tax PS3. Luckily, I am not experiencing any of the console bugs (for now.)

Gh0stDrag0n.
12-19-2011, 11:12 AM
I went ahead and got it for the XBox360, I'll buy it for PC if I can get it through Steam or a retail box that is linked through Steam aka Skyrim.

ProTools5
12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
dont know how legit thesre number are but imaging how much they would change with a PC realease

I did a bit of checking on RB, GH forums to
compare age polls. It was..interesting.
RB.......GH.......RS
18%...... - ......3% 1-20 age group
24%......52%......16% 21-30
29%......38%......34% 31-40
at this point, most of RB and GH customers
have been counted...RS is just getting
warmed up.
7%......10%......40% 41-50
0%......0%.......15% 51+
Ubisoft was most likely shooting for the
same customer demographics...they missed
but hit another age group solid,
middle age adults.

I hope they take that in consideration
with DLC offering, ads..ect.

ZumaRocks
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Ya know, if your monitor is big enough you could play along with youtube rocksmith videos. Then when you get the actual game you'll have a head start on it.

YP38
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I was a PC waiter, but no longer. I don't believe it will ever come to be, and even if it does, I won't give Ubisoft the revenue.

BobPeters61
12-21-2011, 08:21 PM
It may well seem like a worthwhile toy to me when and if it ever does come out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Already stashed away my electric and switched to an acoustic for more convention beginner's guitar practice.

mikeythehut
12-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Hi PC Waiters Club,
I too had a laugh upon being emailed by Best Buy saying my preorder of RS was available, only to spend 40 minutes being told it was moved back to July 2012. While I hold out hope of a PC release, there's little in my mind that can justify a six month delay.

Jotamide
04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry for the thread necro, but were there any updates whatsoever on the PC release date actually happening and not getting pushed again? IIRC it was on the 34th of May right?

HadOne2Many
04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry I don't have any links for you, but if I recall the only thing confirmed is that it is coming. No solid date yet though, some retailers have 05/31/12, some have 12/31/12 and so forth.