PDA

View Full Version : Ground kill counting

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 05:23 PM
I've noticed that in a Sturmovik campaign you only seem to be credited for kills on the ground when you actually shoot the destroyed vehicle. For example, if you are attacking a fuel supply column, and you strafe the lead fuel truck and cause it to explode, which starts an explosion chain reaction that takes out all of the trucks in the column, you will only be credited with killing one truck. Shouldn't you be credited with all of the trucks that are destroyed? Also, it would be cool to have some extra radio commands, like requesting permission to attack a ground column that you spot on the way to/from your main target. It's frustrating to be scolded by your flight leader when you break formation to attack a new target! I doubt that in real life the Sturmoviks passed up attacking targets of opportunity whenever they had the means to do so. It kind of spoils the illusion of involvement when your flight passes directly over a random vehicle column, gets shot at by flak, and your AI wingmates completely ignore the situation.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 05:23 PM
I've noticed that in a Sturmovik campaign you only seem to be credited for kills on the ground when you actually shoot the destroyed vehicle. For example, if you are attacking a fuel supply column, and you strafe the lead fuel truck and cause it to explode, which starts an explosion chain reaction that takes out all of the trucks in the column, you will only be credited with killing one truck. Shouldn't you be credited with all of the trucks that are destroyed? Also, it would be cool to have some extra radio commands, like requesting permission to attack a ground column that you spot on the way to/from your main target. It's frustrating to be scolded by your flight leader when you break formation to attack a new target! I doubt that in real life the Sturmoviks passed up attacking targets of opportunity whenever they had the means to do so. It kind of spoils the illusion of involvement when your flight passes directly over a random vehicle column, gets shot at by flak, and your AI wingmates completely ignore the situation.