PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Star / Nose gear flyers and lovers convocation (POOL)

Cmte. Carvalho
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM

CV8_Dudeness
11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
i know its wrong , but there is other things that bug me more

id want other things fixed before this got attention

Cmte. Carvalho
11-07-2004, 09:34 PM
I understand bud but i'm worried because Oleg said me that it would never be fixed, so i felt obligated to make this pool. Let's hope that even taking a long time it can be fixed instead than never...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CV8_Dudeness:
i know its wrong , but there is other things that bug me more

id want other things fixed before this got attention <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fordfan25
11-07-2004, 10:19 PM
what are the problems your talking about?

Cmte. Carvalho
11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
It's too hard to maneuver in the ground. In the YP-80 for example, even aplying a lot of power and using diferencial brakes, it's a sacrifice to make a turn.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fordfan25:
what are the problems your talking about? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rebel_Yell_21
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Until the YP-80 is unlocked for campaign use, there is very little reason for 1C to devote time to fixing this. If Oleg says it will likely never be fixed, then you can bet its not something easy or it would be done already.

And by the way, Alberto Santos Dumont did some wonderful things with airships and later on, with aircraft, including some notable firsts, but he most certainly did not invent the airplane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

rugame
11-07-2004, 10:46 PM
I would not see this as a great priority, While I can appreciate what you are seeing, I am more interested in how it kicks **** in the air, not taxi's on the ground, thats what a Jeep's for http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Athosd
11-07-2004, 10:59 PM
I was under the impression that the YP-80 did not have a steerable nose wheel (which the A-20 does appear to have). Is this then a request for in improved implementation of differential braking?

Cmte. Carvalho
11-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Hello;

- Rebel_Yell, certainly Santos Dumont did invent the airplane... If you want to discuss about this, please let's open another topic but keep this one only about nose steering;

- rugame, it's sad to know you think that way but that's your oppinion and i respect it;

- Athosd, i'm not sure if the YP-80 nose wheel was controled or not, but it is very hard to control in the ground wathever it is. If it was controlled, a improvement need to be done... If the wheel is free, other kinds of implementations need to be done and maybe diferencial braking is included.

Thanks again.

Waldo.Pepper
11-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Sadly we live in an imperfect world. I thought that I had noticed that the nose wheel on the Me-262 now turns. I don't remember it rurning before (AEP days) but I may be wrong.

If it was implemented in PF then there may be hope for the YP80. But I would not hold my breath.

Korolov
11-08-2004, 01:13 AM
I believe the reason why 1C can't change any jets' steering is due to the fact the FB engine uses the props airflow over the rudder to steer. Since jets aren't props, we can't get steering out of them unless we use brakes.

effte
11-08-2004, 02:19 AM
On many older aircraft, ground handling is often described as "suggesting a general direction of travel to the aircraft and hoping". It might be off, but it might just be absolutely correct.

Cmte. Carvalho
11-08-2004, 02:20 PM
I agree, but even using brakes as i said before is very, very hard to turn in those planes...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
I believe the reason why 1C can't change any jets' steering is due to the fact the FB engine uses the props airflow over the rudder to steer. Since jets aren't props, we can't get steering out of them unless we use brakes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ElAurens
11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
See Korolov's post.