PDA

View Full Version : New 100% Synchro System Concept!

Rea1SamF1sher
05-08-2011, 05:45 PM
The problem I see with the 100% Synchro System in ACB is that it doesn't encorage to play as a Assassin. So I would like to present a system similar to Splinter Cell's feedback system which encouraged indirectly the player to play as a Splinter Cell.

Everytime you do a mission you can get the 100% Synch, it isn't forced, it's just for the absolute 100% Synchronisation and to give the feedback how much of a Assassin your were in that specific mission. Maybe you can give an example of how such a feedback list could look like?

The point about this system is to have a challenge in AC and also to improve the whole Social Stealth concept. In Splinter Cell it made the devs to go deeper and deeper into the gameplay. The feedback encouraged gamers to play as a Splinter Cell. With every game you got more variable you have to take care of, giving a more tense and rewarding experience and also the feel of really being an Assassin, showing of your skills, showing how good of an Assassin you are. It will encourage the devs to give the consumers a much deeper Social Stealth System and having consequences when you are playing to rambo-ish. So you don't have the feeling of playing a one man armee.

Since not everybody likes the 100% system, it will depend on the difficulty you choose, wether the system is on or off.

DavisP92
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
that's a nice idea, but i feel that they should just take out the sych system. Or change it so it doesn't take away our freedom. AC was started as a game that allows the player to deciede if they want to go in with stealth or as a "tank".

Rea1SamF1sher
05-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
that's a nice idea, but i feel that they should just take out the sych system. Or change it so it doesn't take away our freedom.
The problem is you never had full freedom how to play a mission. A lot of things were scripted and this should be changed. Noone is forcing you to play the way a Assassin would but the game should say and show how a Assassin would do the mission and the feedback would do that very fine. The feedback is automatically connected to the 100% Synch. If your feedback is 100%, you are doing the missions like an Assassin would do.

AC was started as a game that allows the player to deciede if they want to go in with stealth or as a "tank".
The first title took the credo as the core element of the franchise and with that system the credo is getting even a more important and more indepth meaning.

shobhit7777777
05-08-2011, 06:03 PM
The point about this is system is to have a challenge in AC and also to improve the whole Social Stealth concept. In Splinter Cell it made the devs to go deeper and deeper into the gameplay. The feedback encouraged gamers to play as a Splinter Cell. With every game you got more variable you have to take care of, giving a more tense and rewarding experience and also the feel of really being an Assassin, showing of your skills, showing how good of an Assassin you are. It will encourage the devs to give the consumers a much deeper Social Stealth System.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mic_92
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Ooh they definitely need to either drastically change this feature or just remove it because it's very annoying. None of the restrictions are particularly hard but it's often cheap and you always have to deal with unexpected crap.
For example I was playing ACB earlier today on a mission in Sequence 7 where you must use your recruits to kill your targets. It worked fine until it randomly told me I failed the 100% synch right after I saw the apprentice kill the guy with my own eyes.

Then there's those Romulus Lairs, they can't expect us to beat those under 8 minutes the first time, it's just a cheap trick to make us come back. It's not challenging, it's just tedious. Why should I have to go through a whole memory all over again to get 100% synch because I got hit right before the end?

They need to impose real challenges, not cheap tricks to lengthen the game. It just made it frustrating and although you still had the option to skip them, it really sucked to finish a mission only to be told you did half of it.

Maybe they should make a hard mode where you have those extra objectives but still give you proper checkpoints for god's sake aren't we past the Sega Genesis era?

Rea1SamF1sher
05-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
They need to impose real challenges, not cheap tricks to lengthen the game. It just made it frustrating and although you still had the option to skip them, it really sucked to finish a mission only to be told you did half of it.
I fully agree that it should impose reall challenges. Another point why such a 100% Synch Feedback System would make sense in AC is the Animus. You are actually just replaying all the memory that the Animus is able to find in Desmond's DNA. The feedback system would automatically show you if you really made the mission the way Ezio did it at that time.

ChaosxNetwork
05-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
that's a nice idea, but i feel that they should just take out the sych system. Or change it so it doesn't take away our freedom. AC was started as a game that allows the player to deciede if they want to go in with stealth or as a "tank".
You always have freedom to do the mission however you want (Within a large limit of course)but if you want to 100% it (Which just gets you an achievement/trophy) then you have to do it like Ezio did.

iN3krO
05-09-2011, 11:43 AM
If ezio was really an assassin he would had been stealthy so the 100% Sync would be: You made the mission exatly how ezio did, you got 100% sync.... However you guys are just some ******ed ppl that don't understand the meaning of Assasin and their Creed -.-'' (even if the game is named Asasssin's Creed and that in Ac1 it ephatizes so much the importance of following the Creed that when you got in Ac2 and brotherhood you just say: UP THE CREED LET'S JUST PULL OVER AND KILL THEM ALL LIKE IF THIS WAS PROTOTYPE)

I love so much the most flawed game in the history and who love it with me just don't like some gameplay changes made to ac2 starting that the main char is to overpowered http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS.</span>

Black_Widow9
05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>