PDA

View Full Version : Red Steel 2 Online Basis

Kazzooey
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
How do you think Red Steel 2 should base their Online game room and things like that? Should it be like:

The Conduit
You make a character, customize his color. You play in about 10 different game modes including Deatmatches, Team Deathmatches, Objectives. Then you go on the games and kill people gaining exp and then increasing your rank. The rank is pointless but is good for bragging rights.

Gunz: The Duel
You create your character's face, hair, gender, and what weapon set-up you want. You play many different game modes such as Deathmatch, Survival, Team Deathmatch, Attack & Defence, Quest, and Assassination. You level up and gain access to new guns, swords, daggers, armors and accessories which you aquire with the Bounty(Money) that you get from killing players and beating quest.

Call of Duty
You make an account and then join in any of the various game modes such as Free For All, Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardcore. You gain exp and gain new ranks which unlock newer guns and perks and game modes.

Super Smash Bros: Brawl
Nothing much to this but choosing a character, and play against people. No leveling up or anything. Just continuous unlimited gameplay that to many can keep them playing limitlessly.

Or should Red Steel 2 be based on something entirely different? Many people believe this game has SO much potential if they play their cards right, which in my opinion they are doing right so far (:

Give your opinions, they might read this and take these thoughts into consideration if we're lucky =o

sayajin4us
10-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Combo of Conduit multiplayer and dueling would be awesome

Kazzooey
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Basicaly, Gunz is the same as the conduit (online wise)(the games are totally different) but gunz has like 20x times as many features, gunz has been out for, i think, im too lazy to look, about 6 years? or 4, or i could be wrong o_o but the game is like one of the most popular 3rd person games out now. its getting even much more profitable and popular now that ijji.com has been getting better games. (:

sayajin4us
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
We are hoping against hope that Ubi surprises us with any multiplayer at all. Th egame is revolutionary but the multiplayer would complete it

Kazzooey
10-17-2009, 06:36 PM
why is everyone so scared that ubi isnt going to add multiplayer? Of course they are gonna add it, almost every game has some sort of multiplayer nowadays. stop flippin out guys =P

sayajin4us
10-17-2009, 07:11 PM
The head developer, Jason V, said no multiplayer will be added. He was unfortunatly very serious about that.

Kazzooey
10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
yea probobly not the origional version, but there's probobly gonna be multiplayer. dont trip :P even without it, the game would be fun :P but i got faith that Jason V will realize that multiplayer would help RS2's rep take off if they do it right. Have faith http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sayajin4us
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
your right. we all agree here on the forum that this game will be legen-wait for it-dary. I think that the developing team at Ubi has decided to focus strictly on gameplay and develop other modes later on. With all this out cry for multiplayer, they would be fools nt to consider it.

bimbo11991
10-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Ubi has attempted to crush all our dreams of multiplayer of any type, but I guess some of us are still hanging in there. Ubi, come on and give us something to really long for.

Kazzooey
10-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm almost certain they will add it. Just not with the origional game, they would make it an add on or separate disc or something. Which would be fine with me.

Fender0
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM
A separate disc would be rather clumsy, a dlc would be best. A disc would only work if it was really cheap and the multiplayer REALLY big! ...yummie!

sayajin4us
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
I just want to go online with the game that's all

driveby012
10-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Ok here is my idea how MP could really work in RS2:

coop missions!!!

What i mean by that is that many Ubisoft games excelled for the coop they featured. Take GRAW1 and 2 for example. Excellent singleplayer games, but outstanding coop experiences.

My idea is this: ditch competitive modes, and bring us standalone self contained coop missions for up to 4 players online.
Think about it. Having specific coop Maps that take assets from the single player campaign and have different goals like eliminate all enemies, fight a boss, secure hostages etc...
Maybe even throw in a side story to connect the stages.
Here are a few examples:

Tunnel Rats:
inspired by the first sewer section shown at e3, the players have to fight through enemies to face off a boss at the end.

High Noon at the Saloon:
Basically a shoot out session at a saloon. Enemies attack in waves and there is no goal other than survive for as long as possible. Something like Firefight in Halo Odst.

Prove your worth:
Same premise as the saloon level, but without guns, just swordfighting on top of a skyscrapper in the sunset.

These things would be extending the games longevity by months.

rs2fan_893
10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Totally a pro, but I think something like this will be dismissed. But its a great idea and should be easier to put together. Hopefully I'll eat my words someday but I can't see this happening right now.

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
The salloon setting would be awesome for a horde-esque mode.

driveby012
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bimbo11991:
The salloon setting would be awesome for a horde-esque mode.

I know. Battling onslaughts of enemy waves with 3 buddies in such a cool setting would be ace.
Throw in some boss fights and you'll have the premier Online Game on the Wii.

Or another one would be: Rescue the Maid.

You enter a deserted town and there is a maid to be saved. So you have to fight your way toward her, western style.

These levels could be around 5 to 10 minutes each, or above 20 minutes for the Horde like modes.

I know I would die to play these modes with Wii controls and Wii motion Plus.

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Ubi should hire some of us to instruct them on a multiplayer feature for RS2. Maybe they aren't going to have it because they need guidance. Just maybe.

sayajin4us
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
I think that Gameplay was the goal and they bit off more than they can chew. Atleast, the game play, graphics, sound and story kick@$$. Who knows what they have up their sleeves. A game can be polished only so much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Kazzooey
10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
In my opinion, the reason they arent wanting to put muliplayer in is because it would take much much too long. They had to reschedual the game release like 4 times now. I dont think they want to spend another 2-5 months programming all the good features and things they want for online. But if they want RS2 to become a wii fan's Dream-come-true, then they will add in Multiplayer.

But i think that the other guy that said they they should hire us to program, are you nuts? I'm fairly certain that they dont want a novice programmer to try and create multiplayer for one of the most revolutionary games of all time XD

bimbo11991
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
I definitely did not say that they should hire us to program, just to give advice. It was a joke, none of us know a thing about programming or making a video game, but it would be so cool to be involved in making one.

rs2fan_893
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by sayajin4us:
I think that Gameplay was the goal and they bit off more than they can chew. Atleast, the game play, graphics, sound and story kick@$$. Who knows what they have up their sleeves. A game can be polished only so much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

If the Mythbusters polished a lion turd shiny, I think Ubi will polish RS2 to the point where it will be GLORIOUS !!!!!!

Kazzooey
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I didnt realize you said "Advice" But btw, we ARE involved with the ideas and stuff. That is why they made a forum... Duhhhhh...... =O~~~~~~

bimbo11991
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I just wish that we had more of a say in some decisions(multiplayer), but I am not saying that Ubi isn't doing a terrific job.

rs2fan_893
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Once again, Tru Dat,

Fender0
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Invite some of us to give advices!
(And play)

bimbo11991
10-24-2009, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't even care about the advice if I could just play. Come on, Ubi.