PDA

View Full Version : have to reset controls after each new cmpn? huh?

Enforcer572005
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
ok, maybe this has been gone over before, but i'm having to reset the control keys/buttons after each time I start a new cmpn.....since I dnloaded a bunch of neat stuff and wanna try it out, Im having to do this alot. Is this normal or have I got a problem with my setup?

If this is normal, it's one real pain in the keyster. Or is there something messed up in a couple of hte cmpns Ive dnloaded? having to reset about 20 key commands is getting kinda old. thanx.......

and man I cant believe some of the great stuff Im finding out there......

Enforcer572005
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
ok, maybe this has been gone over before, but i'm having to reset the control keys/buttons after each time I start a new cmpn.....since I dnloaded a bunch of neat stuff and wanna try it out, Im having to do this alot. Is this normal or have I got a problem with my setup?

If this is normal, it's one real pain in the keyster. Or is there something messed up in a couple of hte cmpns Ive dnloaded? having to reset about 20 key commands is getting kinda old. thanx.......

and man I cant believe some of the great stuff Im finding out there......

Udidtoo
05-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Don't play much offline anymore but IIRC if you churn yourself a new pilot then yes you will have to redo your setup. I just started using a Russian Pilot named Jim, A Japanese pilot named Jim. A JG2 pilot named Jim and on and on.

If it doesn't kill your immersion just use the same pilot for all campaigns.

FlatSpinMan
05-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I found that,too.
SOLUTION
1.Create a new pilot.
2.Then into the User folder in the IL2 folder (under Program Files)and just copy and paste the pilot settings you like into the newly created pilot's file.

I did it yesterday for the first time and it works fine. That way you can keep all your control settings, even loadouts and skins in QMB and online.

=========================================

FoolTrottel
05-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi,

You might also try to copy the correct settings into the file name default.ini in the Users folder.

You'll only have to do that once!
(That is, if it does work the way I think it works http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

Have Fun!

Enforcer572005
05-21-2005, 11:59 PM
well now that makes sense....kinda goofy, but its logical I guess.Ill take care of that.would have been nice to have some warning of such in the manual, but they didnt spend alot of time on writing that thing.

I name my pilots bubba.Use the name of the cmpn for the callsign so i can remember which is which......ive got so many of these things in progress overdosing on all this neat stuff ive missed for nearly 3 yrs.im definitely overdosing.