PDA

View Full Version : Can you tailhook the Corsair?

Flydutch
11-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi, I can land all A/C but the Corsair!

On final aproach it seem to drop like a brik and either I hit the fantail or hoover over the cables with the arresterhook just not touching,
I'f checked the tracks and Flaps, landing gear, and hook are down. But I keep fliyng paterns touch and go but failing to arrest!

Otherwise this A/C is a dream to fly!
The Training missions show the verey easy to land Seafire and Wildcat as the Allied Crates to land, I think there should be a separate instruction for the Corsair at least!
Funny i did always ask for a Corsair with tough landing caracteristics, as it was in real live, Becarefull where you wish for!
Any suggestions? skilled Corsair pilots?

tsisqua
11-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Trim your nose up about 24 clicks from neutral, I am betting that you are coming in a bit hot. This will help you to keep your airspeed low. You can keep her at under 150 k/ph . . . (around 90 mph if you are using empirical measures on HUD) without stalling out. You can also assign a key for toggling seat position so you can see the carrier better, since you will be in a more nose-up pitch attitude.

Good Luck, and don't give up. You'll get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tsisqua

Flydutch
11-29-2004, 04:16 AM
Thank you my Cherokee Friend!

B.t.w. Does'nt the Open canopy change your seat possition?

Exterior view shows the pilot to popup when canopy slides back.

Maple_Tiger
11-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Opening or closing the canopy doesn't change the seat position. You need to do a three point landing. keep the you'r self about 5 degrees pointed upward and no more than 165km/h.

tsisqua
11-29-2004, 04:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flydutch:
Thank you my Cherokee Friend!

B.t.w. Does'nt the Open canopy change your seat possition?

Exterior view shows the pilot to popup when canopy slides back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are welcome, and no, even though it appears from the external that the seat position has changed, your view from inside has remained the same. Look in your controls menu, and you will find the unassigned (default) change seat position. I use alt + s to have a look.

Tsisqua