PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Issues - Game unplayable.

Punkcut
05-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Intel E6600
Asus 8800GTS
2gb memory
Asus 680i mobo

Drivers and game up to date.

If nobody can help me fix this in 48 hours I'm gonna tear phone support a new one until they send me a refund.

Hopefully the community can help me as phone support was as useless as I expected it to be.

1. Graphical issues make game unplayable. The graphics in game are all artifacted and warped. The HUD is fully visible and sound works fine. The menus are also fine.

2. Network issues - I am never able to sign on to multiplayer the first time. And half the time when i try to login it gives me operation failed. Then when I get in I get "connection lost"

Just using a standard WRT54G router. Since when did NAT become an advanced technology.

Punkcut
05-10-2007, 01:14 AM
I dont think its my resolution. My buddy plays the game at 1600x1200 just like me. Ill give it a shot though.

Yah im well aware of the router :-)
Used to administer openBSD firewalls for a job.

stm492
05-10-2007, 02:30 AM
artifacts? bad video card? run 3dmark06 and see if that artifacts.

T1mberw0lf
05-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Skip all the BS and just try to get your refund. Even IF you fixed these issues (btw I think everyone deals with your second issue as far as I know), you'd still run in to twice as many issues the next day.

Gamer231
05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I had the same problem if i'm thinking what you have currently. All I did is update my vid.card driver and it worked. I suppose that will work fr you also, and if not sorry for no help.

SteveLord8
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Phone support wont do anything.

Multiplayer takes me 2 tries as well. Not worth updating firmware if your router is fine for other games...as that isn't a "quickfix" like its being projected.

Video. If you already have the latest drivers, rollback to an older one. Once again, newest updates doesn't always mean best updates.

nebula25x
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by unpredictabl3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Asus 680i mobo
New build? is that ya board Asus Striker Extreme? Update chip set? running vista? Running a sata Lite scribe Dvd-rom drive? I gotz to go to work, but i'll help out when i get back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its probably not a Striker, maybe a commando. I doubt anyone would pay over 300 dollars for a motherboard then save a buck on video card.

I dont have any answers for you, but I know 16x12 does NOT work on my widescreen monitor..

HeXeDOSOK
05-10-2007, 01:57 PM
You artifacting is related to drivers. This has happened to me and SEVERAL other people in the forum. The only thing they did was roll back their driver if they had the latest, and install the newest driver if they had the oldest. Just have to try different sets.

The not joining online issue after the first attempt is definitely a network issue. I haven't figured it out myself. I am running a slackware firewall with iptables and it is happening to me too. My buddy has a Cisco 2600 series and when I bring my comp to his place to have a little LAN action, my online works fine on the first try.

Punkcut
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Some fixes....

Didnt realize nvidia released new drivers on May 2nd.

That alone didnt fix my issue, but updating to the newer drivers and using the patch to get 1680x1050 resolution did solve the graphical issue.

The network issue is still a pain though. Although it seems lan play works decently.