PDA

View Full Version : smoke bomb to smoke bomb counter

NORTHBOERN
01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Last night I had this used on me twice. I got a few stuns on a good player, the next time I was approaching/approached by my pursuer I dropped the bomb....so did they...a second after I did (they must have been expecting it of course)...and I got killed both times because I was in the smoke the longest! You must be able to drop off your own smoke bomb when you see the other person drop theres. Good tactic.

I also got to play against assassians teamed up with mics. That was frustrating.

Crumplecorn
01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I hereby petition to rename ACB to SmokeBomb Online.

I quit games where people appear to be coordinating, unless I am coordinating with people too. Which I'm not. Because I mute everyone.

Rainie
01-25-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm getting killed more often by this now (or using counter mute), it's annoying but smart lol...I need to learn how to do it but my reaction time is too slow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Rafter9
01-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Yup, I was on both ends of that stick last night in a match http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

There is a half second delay when smoke is tossed, and timing is everything. I saw my mark leave his blend and start Terminator style death-marching right at me. I knew he made me, so I was prepared for his defensive ability stun. No soup for you!

The time I ate dust I was blended, but it was a pursuer that I had already cold-cocked with smoke, so he was ready http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SolidSage
01-25-2011, 10:00 AM
You have to employ the long lasting smoke bomb so when they try this counter they still get shafted. Waste that smoke player.

Assassinsyk
01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
You have to employ the long lasting smoke bomb so when they try this counter they still get shafted. Waste that smoke player.

Youll get my rapid reload when you remove it from my cold, dead hands.

..which should be a cakewalk, since Im now getting shanked constantly. Have to reconsider the entire smoke/stun-premise, and its a sad day.

KHRYS_24
01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Had this happened to me recently as well, against me and for me as well. It usually favors the pursuer. In rare cases, you can get a stun off this but its rare seeing that assassinations > stuns, theres a higher % that when 2 smokes go off, the pursuer, will most likely be the one to win that battle and get the assassination.

1 scenario, i know my pursuer is going towards me so i drop a smoke and half a sec, he drops a smoke as well. In the end, he gets the kill.

another scenario, im going after my target and he/she knows its me. So they drop a smoke and then i drop a smoke. End results, i get the kill.

Seeing that kill > stun, its most likely, that the person who is doing the killing will win. Unless of course theres a huge gap from when the 1st smoke was drop to when the 2nd smoke was drop. And lets not forget that lag plays a factor as well. This is not to say that, if this happens, the kill will always win. Cause in rare cases, you can get the stun off this. Cause I've done it and others have done it to me as well so it is possible.

DoctorEurope
01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I was JUST about to make a topic about this!
In my opinion it is one of the most annoying things in this game, and it's starting to happen to me at least 3 times every match. :|

SolidSage
01-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:

Youll get my rapid reload when you remove it from my cold, dead hands.

..which should be a cakewalk, since Im now getting shanked constantly. Have to reconsider the entire smoke/stun-premise, and its a sad day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, I love my RRSmoke/RRMute combo but the smoke counters have been getting me lately.
Don't change your pack out friend, just use mute or charge instead of the smoke if you don't want to kick over to LL.

SolidSage
01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DoctorEurope:
In my opinion it is one of the most annoying things in this game, and it's starting to happen to me at least 3 times every match. :|

Double post, sorry, haven't figured out how to respond to 2 comments in one reply yet, anyway I have noticed since the Beta that there are trends that take hold of the community and right now it is the smoke bomb counter, as soon as an effective community adaption is put in to play the smoke counters will reduce and the next big thing will arise.
It used to be morphing a morphed group in the beginning to reveal your target, I remember when I first did it (without witnessing it, came up with it all on my own I did) to vocal exclamations and then it became a widely used tool...until further leveling and new more fun abilities unlocked.

tallinn1960
01-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DoctorEurope:

So, why bother? It happens to me as well, especially once people have found out that I am focusing on defense. They either run at me for 100-150 points to get through my expected smoke or are prepared to counter it. You get killed sometimes, sometimes lag is your friend and you still get the stun. Just look at your opponent, spam stun and hope for the love of God. Forcing your pursuer to use an ability to get you is at least a partially win over him. He will lack that ability for at least the next minute.

nightpriestess
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
This is one of the reasons I use Long Lasting Smokebombs, because if my pursuers/target drops theirs just after mine, they're usually still coughing by the time theirs clears up.

dboates
01-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah. This drives me crazy, mostly because it shouldn't work. If I was stunned longer then them, they were obviously affected first and shouldn't have been able to throw the smoke bomb in the first place.

I think I could stand it if they didn't get an incognito kill for it though. Drives me crazy that they can obviously blow their cover like that and then stand around for a few seconds totally exposed and still be considered incognito.

J4mes4125
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Ive done this and had it done to me It is annoying yet its a great tactic But it can backfire easily.

I've had people walk up smokebomb me and my blender clone But because I didnt smoke bomb too they still dont know which is me.

There was a game last night when My target the (running) Prowler gave the Excutioner a lure I was closing the gap. Both me and the Excutioner smoke bombed at the same time (I think he thought I was also his pursuer while I was trying to stop the prowler running again) the Prowler must've realised and as soon as the smoke cleared he managed to stun me before I could poison him.
I raged so hard.

loomer979
01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I've noticed this happening a lot recently too. The best way I've tried to handle it is to remember which players do it and save my mute for them (and then try to catch them on the very edge of it). Same goes for people who use charge, I try to save my smoke bomb for them and use it early. It's had only mixed results for me in both cases though...

STYJ
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
That's why I seldom use RR SB . I usually choose Strong / LL SB . Self explanatory .