PDA

View Full Version : Oleg & crew, take a look at these explosions

GL2
04-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Another member in the Movie Makers Forum posted this link to an upcoming game called Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory. This is a link to two short movie clips that show off the explosions the game will have. Hopefully BOB will have something at least this good.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob/movies/

Jetbuff
04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm sure Oleg and Co. are fully aware of what the BoB II team are up to. If I could hazard a guess, I would say Oleg's BoB will not only have better explosions, but *crosses fingers* even deformable terrain! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

fherathras
04-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Jetbuff:
I'm sure Oleg and Co. are fully aware of what the BoB II team are up to. If I could hazard a guess, I would say Oleg's BoB will not only have better explosions, but *crosses fingers* even deformable terrain! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

that would be so awesom!

anyone played the online game: "s├┬Âldner"?
the game does a good job, as you are able to create real craters with shells/bombs

LEXX_Luthor
04-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Oleg should forget flight sims and make Stalingrad Infantry Sim, with Real Time Dynamic Rubble.

Infantry don't Whine about flight models.

noshens
04-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Infantry don't Whine about flight models.
guns

ViolentVolVo
04-30-2005, 11:34 PM
helmets

PlaneEater
05-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Enemy guns and helmets.

And grenades.

Mortars, tanks, artillery, bayonets, mud, commanding officers, lower-ranking officers, their enlistment, food, long distance marches, heavy backpacks, orders, action, lack of action, rats, and snipers occasionally get griped about as well.

VVS-Manuc
05-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Eye candy is not everything. Most Arcade games have superior graphic effects...

Better to focus on a realistic flight model, detailed engeine management etc.

RiesenSchnauzer
05-01-2005, 04:12 AM

These two things are not mutually exclusive. I have no doubt that Oleg and crew can beat GMX BOB on both counts but I like the idea that the bar is being raised. Competition is a good thing.

Blackdog5555
05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes competition is agood thing. Im sure both Sims will be great. I think Oleg will try to concentrate on the best FM on the market. A thing he is very proud of!

GL2
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:

The FM's are already the best in the business. The planes look great, but the rest of the IL-2 world needs work. Quality graphics contribute enormously to the sense of 'being there.' In fact, given the current high quality of the FM's, I would submit that graphics should be a higher priority for the development team than endless tweaking of the FM's. Fortunately, as RiesenSchnauzer pointed out, we can have our cake and eat it, too.

Trink_Afri-Cola
05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by fherathras:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jetbuff:

that would be so awesom!

anyone played the online game: "s├┬Âldner"?
the game does a good job, as you are able to create real craters with shells/bombs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes I play Soeldner, best FP/3rdP Multiplayer on the market. Love the destructible terrain.

aipilotmarkone
05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GL2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:

The FM's are already the best in the business. The planes look great, but the rest of the IL-2 world needs work. Quality graphics contribute enormously to the sense of 'being there.' In fact, given the current high quality of the FM's, I would submit that graphics should be a higher priority for the development team than endless tweaking of the FM's. Fortunately, as RiesenSchnauzer pointed out, we can have our cake and eat it, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope your wrong.
Graphics (over other things) sells more games. But, this consumer is more interested in spending CPU cycles on FM, damage modeling, weapons modeling, hiding in clouds, systems management(engine, bomb site, airborne interception radar!), etc. PF is my favorate historic flight sim because it has more of stuff I like ~ not the graphics. And,if I buy Shockwave's BoB it won't be because of the graphics.

Reaves_42
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by aipilotmarkone:

I hope your wrong.
Graphics (over other things) sells more games. But, this consumer is more interested in spending CPU cycles on FM, damage modeling, weapons modeling, hiding in clouds, systems management(engine, bomb site, airborne interception radar!), etc. PF is my favorate historic flight sim because it has more of stuff I like ~ not the graphics. And,if I buy Shockwave's BoB it won't be because of the graphics.

To be honest, I first fell in love with the fact that there is visual damage inside the cockpit. That is pure eye-candy but it is part of immersion. I love feeling like I am in that plane but of course now I realise that part of immersion is good flight and damage models.

Te_Vigo
05-08-2005, 09:09 AM
the physical weight dynamics of the mauser
The aiming of the thompson is too uber

Equilizer
05-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by GL2:
The FM's are already the best in the business.

That's not true at all.

AH2 has a way better FM than Il2's current rendition.