PDA

View Full Version : Birds Of Prey issue

pete1981-109
02-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Hi all

Right then, Firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong forum but I could think of no one better to help....

I have IL2 4.09 for the PC and use that for serious simming but, I have gone and bought an XBOX with IL2 Birds of Prey.
Having read that flight sticks were compatible, I thought fine.... I will use my Saitek AV8R unit and save some pennies.
Here is the thing though, No where in the games settings or options tabs can I find the relevant flight controller (Saitek av8r) usage option. It doesnt work when view selection is on cockpit or in realistic or simulation modes either.
The only way it is possible for me to fly the aircraft is through the Xbox controller. (Rubbish)

I have tried the stick in all the relevant USB sockets, Have retried it on my PC to make sure it works and reattached it to the XBOX all to No Avail. I know the Box knows its there as the system is saying it is but the game will not pick it up....... HELP!!

Also, how the hell do you keep your perspective on the enemy as I cannot turn my head with the controls on the XBOX remote ? Do I need a dedicated mouse ? Any help gratefully received.

Thanks guys

Pete

VF-17_Jolly
02-03-2010, 03:29 AM
I think you will find that the only joystick that will work is the AV8R that is built for the XBox

afaik there is three flavour

1, works with the pc only

2, works with the XBox and pc

3, works with the PS3 and pc

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/images/products/SAIAVTX/4102-1-1.jpeg

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/images/products/SAIAVTPS3/4103-1-1.jpeg

http://www.qfonic.com/images/products/sai-av8r/image01.jpg

If I am wrong np but i dont think the pc version will work on the XBox 360

pete1981-109
02-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Hi Jolly

Yes, the AV8R is the control input I have. Made sure that the switch is set to M1 which is XBOX compatibility position.

For whatever reason, IL2 will not see that it is an available option to use as a flight control!

dirkpit7
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Is your stick certainly the XBox 360 version? Does it look like the one in the first of Jolly's pictures?

Frankthetank36
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
To move your view around you push the one of the sticks in (the one that you use for throttle, I believe) and move it.

foxfire1941
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
The only stick that will work with the XBox is the AVR8-2. In the first photo, notice the Xbox start button. It will not work with the PC. Saitek makes one stick for each platform.
That is called "Marketing".

As for the 2nd question, once you have the AVR8-2, you will have an instruction booklet that shows what button does what in the game. You will have a hat switch to change your exterior or cockpit views. I don't think there is a way to change the button assingments in the Xbox version.

pete1981-109
02-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi Guys

Yeah the stick is the top pic, The AV8R-02 It will work with IL2 1946 on the M2 mode.

I will look into this more deeply and see if I can assign individually or do something as its a strange combination of factors that make the game not "see" the controller but the XBOX knows its there grr!!

Ta chaps.