PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 Advanced Plotting Mode

Lutercoleman
05-13-2005, 06:34 PM
I've read that patch 1.3 comes with a "new advanced plotting mode" , my question is:
Has anybody try it yet? what are the features of this new plotting mode? I'm looking for some manual or tutorial about Manual TDC but with no mods in it (no mods at all) there are actually a lot of goods manuals about it(Wazzo's..etc..)but you need at least one or two mods to follow their instructions, and what I want is to manualing TDC my targets with the plain original game.
Thanks in advance

Lutercoleman
05-13-2005, 06:34 PM
I've read that patch 1.3 comes with a "new advanced plotting mode" , my question is:
Has anybody try it yet? what are the features of this new plotting mode? I'm looking for some manual or tutorial about Manual TDC but with no mods in it (no mods at all) there are actually a lot of goods manuals about it(Wazzo's..etc..)but you need at least one or two mods to follow their instructions, and what I want is to manualing TDC my targets with the plain original game.
Thanks in advance

Wizage
05-14-2005, 05:17 AM
same ole' plotter except now each tool comes with a precision guide crosshair to make it easier for players to make better drawings on the map.

RevRaz
05-14-2005, 12:21 PM
You can still use Wazzo's guide with the 1.3 Protractor. Just understand how it's accomplished and use the in game tools.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lutercoleman:
Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twelvefield
05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Wazzoo does not explain how to use the stopwatch very well, to calculate target speed. To be honest, his method of using plotting to calculate speed works very nicely -- better than the stopwatch, in his opinion and mine -- but if you want to do all of your manual calculations without leaving the periscope, you can try the stopwatch:

A) Lock the target, get the range
B) Estimate or calculate the AOB -- note that with the more rigorous methods of calculating the AOB, you can also use the same math to do target velocity, but if you merely estimate the AOB, then:
C) With both range and AOB set on the notebook, click SPEED
C1) Make sure your boat is completely stopped
C2) Press the orange stopwatch icon, and leave it running for more than 10 seconds
C3) Press the orange stopwatch icon again, and the computer figures out your speed.
C4) The target speed will not be accurate if 1) your boat is moving, 2) the AOB is not on or close to 90 degrees, and 3) in bad weather, or if the target is trying to be evasive.