PDA

View Full Version : question about joystick settings for msff2.

thefruitbat
05-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone, in my seemly never ending quest to tweak the game as much as i can, to squeeze every little advantage i can out of it (and belive me, its starting to take over my life) i have started playing around with the input settings for my msff2.

The first change i made was to try olegs settings, and boy what a diff. Not sure if i liked them but thats probally because for 2 years i have been flying on the default settings.

I would like any info and thoughts that other msff2 users have, and what, if any changes they have made to there config.

regards fruitbat

thefruitbat
05-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone, in my seemly never ending quest to tweak the game as much as i can, to squeeze every little advantage i can out of it (and belive me, its starting to take over my life) i have started playing around with the input settings for my msff2.

The first change i made was to try olegs settings, and boy what a diff. Not sure if i liked them but thats probally because for 2 years i have been flying on the default settings.

I would like any info and thoughts that other msff2 users have, and what, if any changes they have made to there config.

regards fruitbat

jessi1
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I fly with a saitek evo so my stick will be different feeling than yours, but what i can say is that if you fly the fw 190 set your roll to low numbers roll=1.3.6.9.18.25 etc so the twitchyness is not there, this helps with aiming and precise control of your plane, for the pitch i use pitch=22.28.32.45.56 etc for fast response but the last 2 numbers i leave at 88 and dont go to 100, this helps when doing a loop so the plane doesnt stall or doesnt flip over to fast. For the 109 g10 my other favorite ride i leave the roll the same as my fw190 because it helps to set up my shots with smoother control and the pitch i leave the same also, this way i can switch to the other plane online when i want. Best of luck and go to airwarfare.com and check the joystick calibration under the guides section, a few different settings there.

thefruitbat
05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks, i really struggle with the 190, and yet feel like a king in my g10, (my fav 109 too)i've been wondering if it was because of my settings that i struggle with 190 or whether its because i'm ****.

i often practise my gunnery in qmb, always with 4 ace enemy. In my g10, spit, la7, i can confidently kill any other fighter the game including them. in a 190 i cant kill 4 ace comps at all, i get creamed even p40b http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

i can see alot of experimentation coming up...

cheers fruitbat

jessi1
05-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah fruitbat you need to set the roll settings down to low numbers like i said and try these for pitch=5, 11, 17, 24, 33, 42, 51, 60, 69, 77
this will help your aiming skills alot and you can expeiriment with them if you like, also when flying the 190 keep her fast over 400 if you can and make attack then extend to gain speed and a little altitude then come around using combat flaps(use them for split second) and set up again for the shot, you also might want to set your gun convergence to longer distance to fire in a straighter line and more spread, this helps with deflection shots untill you get good enough to lower your convergence, try this 450mg and 550cannons has great spread but also tight enough cone dispersion for good hits, this is what real life 190 pilots used against bombers and fighters, i saw it on a 190 manual from the war. Good luck