PDA

View Full Version : With all this we'll finally get a "William Labussi√¬®re" campaign !

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 06:37 PM
After having seen everybody guessing about the next theater we'll fly in, I thought about this guy, whose career could make everybody happy :

- Being a frenchman, he first engaged in the regular republican air arm at the start of the Spanish civil war, where, flying the I-15, he proved a talented fighter pilot and was finally given the command of an I-16 fighter group in march 1937.

- In september 1937, having gained at least 5 kills, mostly or exclusively on the I-15, he left Spain (at a time when the republicans said they didn't need foreign pilots anymore) and joined the AVG in China, flying with the 41st Pursuit Squadron, he flew Devoitine D-510 fighters and then Vultee V-11 bombers (but I don't know the unit in which he was at that time).

- In september 1939 (I don't have more info on his combat record in China), when war started in Europe, he joined the French forces in Indochina, where, in december 1940, he shot down a japanese bomber (while flying the Morane MS-406)in France-Japan incidents.

- In 1941, being hostile to the Vichy regime, he was arrested and jailed until he managed to escape in late 1944, after what he joined a Free French delegation in China where he remained until 1946, before returning to civilian life.

Nice career isn't it ?

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 06:37 PM
After having seen everybody guessing about the next theater we'll fly in, I thought about this guy, whose career could make everybody happy :

- Being a frenchman, he first engaged in the regular republican air arm at the start of the Spanish civil war, where, flying the I-15, he proved a talented fighter pilot and was finally given the command of an I-16 fighter group in march 1937.

- In september 1937, having gained at least 5 kills, mostly or exclusively on the I-15, he left Spain (at a time when the republicans said they didn't need foreign pilots anymore) and joined the AVG in China, flying with the 41st Pursuit Squadron, he flew Devoitine D-510 fighters and then Vultee V-11 bombers (but I don't know the unit in which he was at that time).

- In september 1939 (I don't have more info on his combat record in China), when war started in Europe, he joined the French forces in Indochina, where, in december 1940, he shot down a japanese bomber (while flying the Morane MS-406)in France-Japan incidents.

- In 1941, being hostile to the Vichy regime, he was arrested and jailed until he managed to escape in late 1944, after what he joined a Free French delegation in China where he remained until 1946, before returning to civilian life.

Nice career isn't it ?

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 07:18 PM
and joined the AVG in China, flying with the 41st Pursuit Squadron, he flew Devoitine D-510 fighters and then Vultee V-11 bombers (but I don't know the unit in which he was at that time).

AVG was in china in Nov 41, not Sep 37.
Must have been just with the chinese.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 11:55 AM
pdog1 wrote:
- AVG was in china in Nov 41, not Sep 37.
- Must have been just with the chinese.
-

I don't know, it was the info I got, maybe it's not accurate, the only thing confirmed is that the guy was in China flying for the nationalists at that time.