PDA

View Full Version : PC/XBox/Playstation - quality?

choxaway
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Just saw a brief TV ad for Call of Duty The Big Red One which was quite stunning. Having CoD2 for PC, I'm assuming this is XBox or Playstation as the title's slightly different, but the graphics shown in the short in-game clip were incredibly real and almost 3D quality. Fooled me for a moment - and I'm not easily fooled.
Unless this was some clever TV promotional trickery, I have to presume either of these two systems' graphics are now ahead of those we have for PC games, in which case maybe I should be looking at ditching PC gaming in favour of one of these other systems if that's what they can do . . . no pauses or stutters either.
I know flight sims aren't generally associated with these other systems but anybody used either who can pass objective criticism or offer advice?

choxaway
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Just saw a brief TV ad for Call of Duty The Big Red One which was quite stunning. Having CoD2 for PC, I'm assuming this is XBox or Playstation as the title's slightly different, but the graphics shown in the short in-game clip were incredibly real and almost 3D quality. Fooled me for a moment - and I'm not easily fooled.
Unless this was some clever TV promotional trickery, I have to presume either of these two systems' graphics are now ahead of those we have for PC games, in which case maybe I should be looking at ditching PC gaming in favour of one of these other systems if that's what they can do . . . no pauses or stutters either.
I know flight sims aren't generally associated with these other systems but anybody used either who can pass objective criticism or offer advice?

Owlsphone
11-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Those commercials for Call of Duty have always been computer generated and are not in game footage. I have played Call of Duty on the Xbox and compared to the PC version, the Xbox version looks like ****e.

I wonder how many people have thought the same as you and ended up buying the game only to be disappointed.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
CoD2 looks very nice indeed running on the XBOX360 and this may have been what you've seen.

I doubt it would look that brilliant on the XBOX or PS3...

I saw it running in a shop on the '360 the other day - looked only slightly worse than I've seen it on the PC and you get for just 270 quid...along with no stutters, dodgy installs, having to download a new graphics driver every microsecond, stupid copy protection or patches that change your gameplay with the weather.

Ta,
Norris