PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice needed!!

antic81
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has an ideas for me,I live in london and I'm looking to purchase a Ge-Force 6800 ultra,not as easy as it sounds trust me!
I spent the entire day today going from shop to shop asking and getting different stories from everyone.Obviously I want to purchase a card made by a good manufacturer.
One of the stories I got was that there is a shortage of ultra chipsets here in the uk and that I shouldn't order off the internet because they're usually selling overclocked GT's and just calling them Ultra's...does anyone know if this is true or if thats just a guy in his shop talking rubbish to try to get me to buy from him?
I thought I would just ask here cos I know quite a few brits frequent these boards,i know its off toppic,I appologise for that,just looking for some unbiased oppinion!!
Any advise would be great!

Thanks
Ant

BuzzU
10-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Get ahold of Hunter. He'll sell you a real Ultra. Although OC'ing a GT is just as good.

antic81
10-30-2004, 04:20 PM
He's selling already???
Is there a reason,I was under the impression that it was a kick *** card.
Mind you most cards will beat my 5600,which lets the side down,Doom 3 became a slide show at some points and now it looks like half life is finnally on its way!
I dont mind buying it new,was just wondering if anyone knew where I can find it?

Cheers
Ant

Blottogg
10-31-2004, 01:05 AM
antic81, I believe Buzz is referring to Magnum PC, which either has 6800 Ultras in stock, or on the way (as you've noticed, they're pretty popular and don't tend to stay in stock long.) The link is here: http://www.magnum-pc.com/

I just got a 6800GT OC from them, and I'm very happy with the card and the service. I'm in the colonies, but they ship to most of Europe, too.