PDA

View Full Version : Strange Drop in Framerate with 1.4?

aaronblood
06-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I've noticed (what I think) is an odd drop in framerate after installing the 1.4 patch.

If I'm on the nav screen and I zoom in (god-eye mode) to see the enlarged ship icon, I get a framerate drop. Get it sometime in gameplay too, might be because I'm just starting to lurk around convoys though.

I wonder if in reality the captain could sense time slowing down when large groups of ships were nearby? Hmmm... "Keep looking they have to be there, look how slow the waves are moving!"

Hope an update might include support for the new physics accel cards coming out later this year!!!

I like to think I have a pretty decent machine too... Although I haven't resorted to the overclocking features YET.

aaronblood
06-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I've noticed (what I think) is an odd drop in framerate after installing the 1.4 patch.

If I'm on the nav screen and I zoom in (god-eye mode) to see the enlarged ship icon, I get a framerate drop. Get it sometime in gameplay too, might be because I'm just starting to lurk around convoys though.

I wonder if in reality the captain could sense time slowing down when large groups of ships were nearby? Hmmm... "Keep looking they have to be there, look how slow the waves are moving!"

Hope an update might include support for the new physics accel cards coming out later this year!!!

I like to think I have a pretty decent machine too... Although I haven't resorted to the overclocking features YET.

plenten
06-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I have frame rate drops too, when on high TC's. I guess the game needs to calculate the spawning of possible ships nearby or something, that takes up a lot of CPU. And I have a pretty decent machine too: P4 3.4GHZ, 1024RAM, ATI X800Pro 256MB.