PDA

View Full Version : This would be cool

RPMcMurphy
07-20-2009, 09:25 PM
If I could hit an assigned key to lower the elevator platform, taxi off of it onto the hangar deck, and then hit a key to raise the elevator back up. Just wishful thinking.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo71/11072008/grab0001-1.jpg

staticline1
07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
It'd be cool to start a mission that way and would add some immersion but probably would be a pain in the rear to code for a mod. Never know someone may attempt it.

Skoshi Tiger
07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
It would be a better way of spawning in multiplayer.

At the moment you never know when your going to spawn infront of an aircraft that has firewalled the throttle and has just remove the chocks!

RPMcMurphy
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
This screen was shot right-after I had landed and I thought it would be good to get out of the way but yeah, it would also be really good to start out in the hangar deck too and go up. But Its prbly too intricate to do. And just too far fetched, but I would use the heck out of it.
To spawn you would: Start out underneath on the hangar deck perhaps behind the elevator platform, and then taxxi onto it. Then hit your key to raise it. Then taxi around to the stern for TO. Hmm it might work. Man I would get into that. It opens alot of doors for carrier ops in IL2.

danjama
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
That just sounds over the top and boring. If your going to do this, why not go one step further and play the pilot as a character, and make your way to the plane from his bedroom or the mess after eating dinner and listening to some radio while your friends play cards...

No thanks, i like starting ready to take off. I suppose if it was an offline feature it wouldnt hurt.

Taxiing from hardstands/covers on the other hand is a good thing.