PDA

View Full Version : Altering Missions in Campaigns

e2michaelb
02-17-2006, 09:01 PM
A recent thread complained about aircraft exploding as soon as they spawned. WWSensei suggested opening the mission file and either moving your plane or the one you are conflicting with. Question: How is that done? Do you have to use QMT? If so, how? I opened a mission file, which brought me to its QMT screen. Nothing I saw gave me a clue as to how to move the spawn point of a given aircraft. I've got two downloaded campaigns where missions are starting out either with aircraft on top of each other, or with aircraft situated in bad places, like plowed fields adjacent to woods, buildings, etc.

e2michaelb
02-17-2006, 09:01 PM
A recent thread complained about aircraft exploding as soon as they spawned. WWSensei suggested opening the mission file and either moving your plane or the one you are conflicting with. Question: How is that done? Do you have to use QMT? If so, how? I opened a mission file, which brought me to its QMT screen. Nothing I saw gave me a clue as to how to move the spawn point of a given aircraft. I've got two downloaded campaigns where missions are starting out either with aircraft on top of each other, or with aircraft situated in bad places, like plowed fields adjacent to woods, buildings, etc.

Zeus-cat
02-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Open the mission in the Full Mission Builder. You will need to know where the mission is located and what the campaign is called. It will look intimidating, but it is rather simple once you know where to look. For my Straight Shot campaign, you would open the specific mission by doing the following:

1) Select the Full Mission Builder
2) Select File from the upper left corner of the screen
3) Select load
4) Select the Campaign directory
5) Select the RU country folder
6) Select the IL-2 folder
7) Select the Straight Shot folder
8) Open the specific mission
9) Once the map opens, hold the shift key down and use the mouse to draw a box around the runway where your flight is starting from. You will now be zoomed in on that spot.
10) There will be several flights at this spot. Be aware that your first waypoint is at the end of the runway you lift off from, not where you start. Your plane will be sitting on the ground at the opposite end of the runway when the mission starts.

Good luck.

If these missions are from a campaign builder, you can send an email to that person asking for help. They would probably want to know that their missions are screwed up.