PDA

View Full Version : Separating audio output with integrated SoundMAX chip

UgoRipley
12-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi gents.
I have this 7.1 audio chipset and an ASUS mobo.
My case has a front panel mini-jack mic IN and headset OUT that I've never been able to configure... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Is it possible to have comms on a non-USB headset, and game audio output from speakers?

FoolTrottel
12-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Is it possible to have comms on a non-USB headset, and game audio output from speakers?
I don't think so, as to separate them, you'd need to have two sound devices, one for each.

WhiteSnake_76
12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it possible to have comms on a non-USB headset, and game audio output from speakers?
I don't think so, as to separate them, you'd need to have two sound devices, one for each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can with a Realtek HDA (7.1 + 2) onboard. 7.1 channels suround from the rear output, and 2 from the front output.

So yes you can set it to play the games sounds of a suround speakerset, and get TeamSpeak on your headset from a single device.

p.s. if you got a ADI Soundmax chipset its a resourse hog (sounds like sh*t also) and i sugest you get a good soundcard instead like a Soundblaster Audigy or X-Fi for better game performance and soundquality.
I dont know if they (or any other than Realtek) suport a seperate output for the front channel.

SsSsSsSsSnake
12-13-2009, 06:25 AM
hi NDS, i took your advice that you gave to Ugo, and ditched my adisoundmax for a creative audigy, do until i upgrade everything.
ssssssnake

UgoRipley
12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks all.
Yes, it's an ADI Soundmax 7.1 (mobo is Asus P5B DeLuxe).
I know I have to get rid of it...sooner or later...