PDA

View Full Version : where i can find new bombers

Stef1984
04-04-2005, 07:23 AM
hi

where and how i can find new bombers!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME!!

HotelBushranger
04-04-2005, 07:53 AM
What do you mean?

If you mean where can you download 3rd party aircraft, ya cant. Locked code means noone but Oleg and accepted 3rd party make the final cut.

But look on the bright side....erm....what's wrong with the ones we have now?

Cpt_Jack
04-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Don't worry, Stef, Battle of Britain is coming soon, and gosh golly gee, what a load of new planes we will have that we have never flown before, including the Bf 109E and the Ju87 dive bomber. It will have 15 new and exciting map areas, including separate maps for Sussex, Essex, Surrey, London, the Channel by itself, the Channel plus London, the Channel plus the coast of France, and a new hypothetical map of Scotland for online campaigns! Will it be expanded so we can at least fly 8th Air Force bombers and fighters from England to Germany? Probably not. But hey, that Bf 109 will have a slightly improved flight model! Now doesn't that sound good? Never mind that two other developers are doing Battle of Britain games right now. This one will be the best - guaranteed!

"Screw the Battle of Britain - Pacific Fighters isn't finished yet!" - Winston Churchill, 1940

ImpStarDuece
04-04-2005, 09:26 AM
I bet quinnine tastes sweet to this guy!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, the latest we have heard that the beta for Maddox Games Battle of Britain (provisional title) will not be out until 2006, with a relase in the final quater (maybe).

All planes are put into the sim 'in house' by the development team. You cannot download and implement aircraft/objects/maps ect into the sim. The code is locked and not accessible.

So the short answer as to where and how is nowhere and nohow.

The longer answer runs something like this;

1C have quite a bit of material created by third party modelers and their own development team still left to implement in the sim. These are released along with game tweaks that are necessarary in patches every few months, although the length between patches varies considerably. At the moment we are anxiously waiting on a patch which will upgrade the complexity of the flight models, increase cloud detail and apperance, add two or three new maps and give up the long expected (and often demanded) GM41 "Betty" bomber.

Other bombers that may be implemented include the DeHaviland Mosquito MKIV (and VI as a AI only), The Junkers Ju-88 and the Pe-2. There are also fighters such as the Ki-100, CW-21, an Avia biplane and a whole slew of Italian planes.

These will be released as the development team place them into the sim. According to some individuals more in the know than I most of 1C development focus has moved onto BoB but there is still a small team working on upgrading and expanding Pacific Fighters.

All the patches are available for download from the Ubisoft pages. Look for the "updates section" on the main PF page or chech the "sturmovik essentials" thread which is a sticky (top of the page) in the 'General Discussion' forum.

Hope this helps

Beaufort-RAF
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Other bombers that may be implemented include the DeHaviland Mosquito MKIV (and VI as a AI only) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that the wrong way round, it's the VI as flyable and the IV as AI. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

ImpStarDuece
04-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Ah, roger Beau, thanks for the correction http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Eraser_tr
04-04-2005, 09:01 PM
You could always take up 3dsmax and make a 3rd party plane for oleg to add in a patch, but PF 3rd party modelers are being switched to bob now.