PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Version@#!%$&

pmckelvy
05-10-2005, 03:45 PM
I go through this every patch and always forget how I do it. Download the correct patch and try to install menu_de. unknown version. I went to regedit and deleted all SHIII info, ran registry mechanic still no joy. If all else fails can I uninstall the game and just DL 1.3 and have it run? **** the saved career I just want to play. (as I pretty much suck anyway)

Mac

Lovo_Kasistan
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
The career is saved seperatly in my documents.

Why haven't you backuped the files? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Alexoscar
05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh come on, mate, you dont have a serious problem. You have been installing mods with 1.2 version. The 1.3 patch check first your SH3 files integrity. As you have modified the original game, you dont pass the patch check. Dont worry. If you have backups of the orginal files, restore them. If you dont, you have to reinstall the original game. Please, unisntall the game first and delete the SH3 folder too. Later, you can reinstall and run the patch. Finally, when patch 1.3 will be installed, you can use your favourite mods again installing them over the 1.3 patch.

P.D. Regedit is dangerous. Be careful with Windows Register modifications. An advice, make a backup from your Register before. ;-)

pmckelvy
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys, I probably should backup my files but... I'll just ininstall and suck it up. Like I said this particular career was nothing to cry about if it's lost. Thanks again boys.

Mac

Frederf221
05-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Your career will be fine. That is saved outside the main directory.