PDA

View Full Version : Saving Pe2 File to Disc?

ytareh
04-30-2006, 04:59 AM
Dont know if this is even legal or likely to cause a stir with mods but have seen people talking of offering to send copies to non broadband friends.Anyway I just want a copy for myself.I figure that if I want to do an XP reinstall and have to pay 45 euro/30/$60 every time to get the 3 addons back that might just suck a bit!!!

ytareh
04-30-2006, 04:59 AM
Dont know if this is even legal or likely to cause a stir with mods but have seen people talking of offering to send copies to non broadband friends.Anyway I just want a copy for myself.I figure that if I want to do an XP reinstall and have to pay 45 euro/30/$60 every time to get the 3 addons back that might just suck a bit!!!

skycaptain_1
04-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi

You still need a key to unlock the addon once you start your game for the first time.

In Luthier's post he shows you how to install the addon without the boonty software and this means a copy of the install is present on your drive for you to back up.

Anyway I would have thought that your key and the fact you have bought from ubi would ensure that you can get the addon again if you have a HD failure or a reinstall. <---- this might be worth checking out!

TAW_Oilburner
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skycaptain_1:
Hi

You still need a key to unlock the addon once you start your game for the first time.

In Luthier's post he shows you how to install the addon without the boonty software and this means a copy of the install is present on your drive for you to back up.

Anyway I would have thought that your key and the fact you have bought from ubi would ensure that you can get the addon again if you have a HD failure or a reinstall. &lt;---- this might be worth checking out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, you don't need the key. Boonty "locked up" after it downloaded the PE2 addon so I just ran the pe2.exe manually and have never entered my key anywhere. Here are instructions for making a true backup (and what I used to install originally).

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=144;t=004614 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=004614)