PDA

View Full Version : Implementing draw/visibility distance for the future...

Scragbat
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
There are currently 4 levels of visibility distance settings in the video options section of IL2/FB/AEP/PF.

= Very Low, Low, Medium, High

It is understandable that some people are limited by their systems in what they can have as a draw distance that does not impact too heavily on their frame rate and game performance.
Would it not be a good idea to make the game future proof and add two more settings to what we already have.

= Very Low, Low, Medium, High, <span class="ev_code_RED">Excellent, Perfect</span>

Excellent to extend 1km further than what it is now and Perfect to go to the horizon or at a draw distance of 50km??

So when our systems are capable we can enable the option to get rid of pop-up towns, trees, smoke, fires etc.,

I'm running a 6800GT on an Athlon 3200+, 1Gig PC3200 RAM. I think my system as well as many other people here can handle a little more draw distance...

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but draw distance is important...

Scragbat
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
There are currently 4 levels of visibility distance settings in the video options section of IL2/FB/AEP/PF.

= Very Low, Low, Medium, High

It is understandable that some people are limited by their systems in what they can have as a draw distance that does not impact too heavily on their frame rate and game performance.
Would it not be a good idea to make the game future proof and add two more settings to what we already have.

= Very Low, Low, Medium, High, <span class="ev_code_RED">Excellent, Perfect</span>

Excellent to extend 1km further than what it is now and Perfect to go to the horizon or at a draw distance of 50km??

So when our systems are capable we can enable the option to get rid of pop-up towns, trees, smoke, fires etc.,

I'm running a 6800GT on an Athlon 3200+, 1Gig PC3200 RAM. I think my system as well as many other people here can handle a little more draw distance...

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but draw distance is important...