PDA

View Full Version : quick question on depth charge animation on destroyers

Tontoman666
12-09-2005, 07:44 PM
If you are in free camera and see a destroyer drop a charge, is it always dropped or can the animation play but nothing is really dropped?

Just wondering as a long time after putting in some mods I pushed an attack and was going to eat some charges (which I rarely do) so I setup to watch. I saw the drop but nothing happened. No charges visable in water, no explosion and no sounds.

Thanks in adv for a verification. I'll start demodding my game if I know something is FUBAR.
BTW, any idea what mod/change would cause the dropping animation to play but no charge to be dropped?

T.

bunkerratt
12-10-2005, 01:13 AM
i'm running i u b 1.02 always see the dam things either rolling off the stern dc racks or being fired of the k-guns..sounds too what mods have you installed..????? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Tontoman666
12-10-2005, 02:31 AM
So when you see them roll off, do you always get detonations in the water from them?

Nothing much in the mods which makes it weird.
Texture replacement for the ships.
Sound replacements.
A sonar adjustment mod (it's also included in IUB 1.02) to prevent uber destroyers, which also comes with a damage model adjustment on your sub.
Dial corrections.
No total mods like RUB or IUB are installed.

Used to work, remember getting hit in the tutorial. I fired the tutorial up and let myself get shot at again, they drop but it seems as soon as they hit the water the DC vanishes.

T.

HW3
12-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Oh yes they do explode and you get the water geyser at the surface too.

Tontoman666
12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, if you always see it then something is fubar on my side. Weird, bombs get explosions and geysers.
Time to torp my mods.

T.

bunkerratt
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM
your welcome