PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3

Psudodrake
07-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Assassin's Creed 3

There is more to tell about assassination than just the men's side of it. The Hashishim are indeed amung the eldest of assasins in the world, the organization which undoubtably began the organization that trained Altair and later developed into Ezio. But they're not the only Assasins in the world. Likewise, men aren't neccessarilly the solitary in this discussion, nor specifically the best.

When discussing anscestory, one must remember that a human being is made up of both a male and a female parent, so while Altair and Ezio represent forefathers, what about a foremother?

As Assasin's go, women have hisotically been a more potent assassin for one reason, and though it saddens me to say, up until recent decades, most women were considered to be worth little more than to bare children and keep house.

But likewise, like I mentioned before, the middle east isn't the only source of assassins, and as a matter of fact when one thinks of "assasin", one doesn't think of robes and cloaks, but rather Gi's and masks. Namely: The Ninja of Japan.

So I propose to all of you: What if there was an ancestor who was a notable assasin, was from Japan, and was a woman?

The time frame is the late 1800's, a time when Japan, as histories go, was the center of much cultural conflict. We have old Japan being met with western societies, and there were conflicts on absolutely every last order. Social, religeous, and actual conflicts involving armies.

So our heroine has three factions that she must contend with asside from her assasin clan.

First, We need the templars. Christianity has been assailing the boshido ways of Japan, with priests trying to convert the denizens of Japan, and of course those priests need guardians, and of course we have the Templar. You have the traditional heavy enemies, laden with armor and swords, medium pikemen, light dagger wielding enemies, but instead of bowmen, our heroine must contend with riflemen.

Second are the various armed forces of Japan at the time, which varies between the advanced foot soldiers of the time, armed with muskets and bayonets, to the most sophisticated soldiers in history, the Samurai. Samurai will be heavies with the ability to draw the deadly Diaku (Japanese long bow) and shoot at you, or use their highly damaging weapons. Some of these will wield Katana and Wakazashi, others just a Katana, others a long sword and still others a spear. Lighter units will include common foot soldiers and regular bowmen.

Finally are a strange and mysterious enemy known as the Oni (oh-nee). Traditionally, the Oni were reputed to be demons of Japan, but in this case they are a secret society with mysterious strengths and powers. Strengths of demons. Their purpose is largely shrouded, but it is in their hands that the "Strange orb" is found.

Now for our heroine:

"In the beginning, there was weakness."

I thought that I'd call her Lotus, and she has green eyes and white hair. Like I mentioned before, women have long made better assasins overall, simply because they were commonly ignored and minimized. One simply didn't think them capable of such things, and in Japan, where they were second class citizens, having to follow so many paced behind their men, were to keep quiet and have no opinion and so on... they were ultimately quite helpless. As such... that is how she begins. In a wonderful love story, she is a half-blood... half european, half japanese, and she has fallen for a Gaijin from Italy... a nice way to tie in a decendant of Ezio with her. Only this Gaijin has gotten himself into a little trouble... you see he's a thief, and he's stolen an artifact. So one night, the people - the Oni - in whom he'd stolen the artifact from - "The mysterious orb" - come looking for it, find him with our heroine, take back the orb and kill him. She is wounded in the escape, a nasty slash accross her back that cuts her from shoulder to hip. Jumping from a high precipice from her home, she makes a "Leap of Faith", her first which lands her in the river far below. Washed ashore, she is found by a traveling monk, who cares and tends for her, looking after her. But it is this monk who introduces her to the true path of his sect... assasins.

She learns several of their skills, quickly learning them as if born to them, her masters state, and one night, wanting revenge, she goes to whom she thinks is the plotter against her love's death. Here her first skill, disguise, comes into play, and she enters a local lord's bed dressed as a Geisha. I know, I know, geisha traditionally didn't give of their bodies, but we all know that some did... from time to time. Especially for the right price, and hers was revenge.

She kills this lord easily, very easily. With her male counterparts, who must sneak in, she must hide in plain sight, follow her target, enter his room, and even when disrobed (we have to leave on underclothes of course... for the various censors, though I'm sure some nations don't really care about that, and there's nothing wrong with a little buttshot or side boob from time to time) a female assassin had a plethora of instruments at her disposal to kill a man. Hair pins, hair stays, metal combs... ties, beads and necklaces used as garrotes, braclets and bangles used to break aman's neck or be used as rudimentary brass knuckles, and so on. So unlike the guys, who have these special holders for their gear, our heroine has her jewelry. There, at her first kill, she learns of the story that sucks her in amidst the three factions spread accross all of Japan.

She'll have the usual high and low profile action sets, with low profile she twists her gear into a kimono and quickly dons it, and can easily blend into a crowd by following somone and keeping her head bowed. In high profile her clothing is folded and held back with sashes, pink and red with white and patterned flowers, she's the pretty little ninja girl. Hlaf the body weight or less of her enemies, she is still nonetheless far more ajile, far more graceful and quick.

As a reminder for those unaware... only the Samurai were reputed to be allowed to carry blades of any sort. The ninja got by on that by utelizing the Ninja-to, which was a blade usually hidden somewhere else, like in a shaft of bamboo that was carried. Our little ninja girl will use two blades no longer than short swords in her swift little attacks, and her skill is blocking and out maneuvering a person instead of overpowering them like we see Altair doing.

The way she dispatches a person quietly is done in random ways. Sometimes it's a breaking of the neck, or a garrote wire, or a dagger in the back.

But that's not the extent of her skills.

Japan was reputed to be the first nation in the world to develop martial arts. She can still use ninjitsu even when unarmed to do some rediculous things. The "Ninja magic" as it was called, was a mystisism in and of itself, and in modern day it may be diminished, or its secrets hidden, but back then, it was as potent as ever. Some upgrades that she develops is the ability to run accross water while dashing, or later even walk on water, holding her breath for long periods of time or running up walls... an advancement of Altair's wall run ability, only she can do it for several stories. Another ability is the float ability, by tying her Kimono to her arms and legs and foldign the sleeves in quickly, she can parasail using the overly large garment with her very light frame. Likewise is her ability to jump and fall farther than her predacessors could. Additionall is the Ninja art of wall and ceiling climbing. When she gains the cat's claws tools, she can climb sheer surfaces that even Altair couldn't (even he needed hand holds) and even cling to ceilings. Later she can do it without the claws. Ki (the chineese will call this same force Chi) energy is another tool that climbs through the course of the game and can be enhanced doing missions, which can up her damage (appearing as blue lightning when she strikes a person) and healing and other traits like speed and accuracy. Eventually... she becomes more deadly with her bare hands (extreme short range) than she is with her weapons.

The difficulty though? Well she is barely over a hundred pounds... one can't take much damage like that... so one must rely on stealth to get by, instead of the charge in, race by your enemies kill the mark, race out and go hide in a hale bay trick that worked so well for all but the very last bosses. And speaking of difficulty, a varied difficulty would be nice. Easy? You can kill beggars and lepers and what ever other denizens without loosing too much synchronization and enemies are easier to kill and outmaneuver... that and their aim sucks. Higher the difficulty, the more you loose for killing an innocent, the tougher your enemies are, the more damaging they become, and those fools with the guns are downright friggin marine snipers!

Her ranged ability is a blowgun which later gets upgraded to a shortbow and later on her areodynamic throwing knives and shuriken hidden about in her kimono. Another technique is using a bolt of silk as a weapon, and then there is the chain weapon which can also be used to graple things.

Her swords are the short and versatile ninja-to, while her assasination techniques are many and involve using bits of jewelry, or just the old fashioned knife. But then of course later on she will also get to use poisons to kill her subjects and coat her weapons in.

Defenses can include shin and leg guards, and what can beat an escape but a good old ninja smoke bomb... or better yet, a good old ninja knock out gas bomb? And then there is the context hiding. Hide in a crowd, she dons her kimono and hides in plain sight. Hide near a bush or a tree and she immediately camoflages herself, holding leaves and such, blending in with her environment

As a gameplay addition, I'd like to add a sort of RPG element to this. Up your stats, buy new skills and weapons, upgrade your gear and so on, but in order to do that, you need to accomplish some tasks. But what are those tasks? Well escentially the quest system needs to be made unlimited and random, and would have a formula of "Person with name X1, X2 for first and last name wants you to do task (A, B, C, D...) against person(s) Y with random Z difficulty. Here are a few ideas:

ASSASINATION: Person with name X wants you to kill person with name Y with random difficulty Z for either revenge or protection

THIEF: A ninja at times can also be called a thief. In one's attempt to learn about their target, one must... "Borrow" things and maybe return them when you get around to it. So you thieve coins and statues and marks from people. Collect the whole sets for gameplay rewards. But also you must theive documents for people, and as your renown grows, individuals will ask you to steal a purse from a person, or a satchel or a document and bring it back to them.

RACE: a timed event in which you must get from point A to point B with something.

OBSTICAL COURSE: A timed event in which you must capture flags and return to quest giver.

INFORMATION GATHERING: Locate a person or listen in on a person.

INFILTRATE/THE PLANT: Infiltrate a person's home/business/organization to gain information or a thing or to plant information or a thing.

SNIPER: Long range killing with ranged weapons.

PERFORMANCE: She is a geisha after all, and they must do many things like sing and dance and acrobatics... play instruments and please men. Not please as in sex, or at least not 100% of the time, for a geisha's primary purpose is to please a man. But these would be done using random sets of songs and moves that require button presses to accomplish.

REDUCE NOTERIETY: Like with Eizio, she needs to eliminate signs and postings stating that she's an assassin, keep her face changed and so on.

Of course, some of these quests will be random while others are story based and will progress the story if you do them. You get big experience by doing major planned missions, which will also include some unique ones not listed above, and smaller experience for doing the random missions and collectign flags, coins, statues, etc... Some of the main quests will include her having to battle accross large battlefields where forces of rivaling lords are facing each other to get at a commander on one side or the other, all the while dodging the field tactics of the commanders.

As for controls, I'd like to add another one, which uses the 6-axsis to swim. Don't worry... you can still use the sticks to swim if you want.

For Gameplay, the only point I'll make is that when she is dealing with the Oni, enterign their realms is always like stepping into a nightmare of illusions, and if anyone's played the first one, then you'll all know what I mean by illusion. She will fight and stealth, and she will kill. Mild nudity will ensue from time to time and many sexy shots, will of course often times confuse the hell out of the poor guy reliving these events. What would it be like for a man to recall emotions and feelings and actions of a woman? (cups chest as if expecting to find breasts there and then sighs when he finds none) But it would improove his relationship with his lady friend, but likewise teaches him some of the ninja arts like wall climbing and the wall split, which is hiding above a person, legs spread wide to hold onto the walls to either side of him/her to either hide or to drop down on the target to kill them.

Though thick and thin, she gains great skill, best in the clan, and becomes a name many will fear. As a tidbit though, I thought it would be nice to throw in her swordmanship teacher, an extremely old man who is quite lecherous toward her but has moments of absolute clarity that is like an aged philosopher. It is later learned that this happens to be Musashi... a very old Musashi who should not have lived anywhere near as long as he is now. For those of you who don't know who Musashi is, he is considered to be the greatest swordsman who ever lived by some and is a legend in Japan. Unlike other samurai, he did what they did but with a wooden sword. There are hints that his interactions with the Oni have allowed him to do this.

She eventually gains the artifact back and escapes with it, is introduced to the Brotherhood, an organization of world-wide assassins... But ultimately she learns something even more spectacular. As it so happens to be, her love, before he died that night they "cunsumated" their marriage, had impregnated her. After all this time, after all ehr battles and tasks, she was carrying the next in the line of Assasins.

Such is the true strength of women like her.

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry, I only read up to the ninja and I had to see if u knew, u know Japanese ninjas were HIRED assassins right? They sold there services to the highest bidder. I'll ead the rest of ur post now.
ok I just finished and I'm sorry but that would just RUIN the series for me, I'm sorry but I just don"t like it

Account_Deleted
07-19-2009, 02:32 AM
tl:dr..
any chance you could make a summury?

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Japan sucks big hard, nough said. Close Thread.

Xm3buX
07-19-2009, 04:24 AM
"A wonderful love story"

Uhh, no thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

And I really don't want to play as a pregnant ninja...

moqqy
07-19-2009, 04:59 AM
Women may have an easier time getting close to the target, but they're not as capable as men in actually performing the assassination, especially if the target has bodyguard(s).

Danvish
07-19-2009, 09:35 AM
I was gonna flame the idea, but so many did it before me.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 09:39 AM
dont see why a woman would be a wrose assassin than a man? sounds a bit stupid even a bit sexist and im a bloke.

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:02 AM
It depends on the situation which sex is better. If combat is required or likely, a man will be better suited for the job.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
It depends on the situation which sex is better. If combat is required or likely, a man will be better suited for the job.

for assassins i would think stealth and that kinda stuff would be easier for a womman usually shorter lighter and sad to say moe nimble

Stormpen
07-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, I think a woman would be a better assassin, coz she would have to rely a lot on stealth, coz, unlike a MAN, she cannot bash a guys brain out when he spots her. I think what psudodrake is trying to say is that a woman would be better coz she has to use more stealth.

Oh, and what d1sturbedme_468, Danvish, and moqqy are trying to say is, men are better at killing than women. Well, congratulations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:16 AM
lol no 1 gender is better ak killing its all down to personality.

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
No, stealth wouldn't be easier for women.. but social stealth MIGHT be. As I said, it much depends on the situation. Some places men will blend in better, some places they can't blend in at all and vice versa.

And no, woman wouldn't be better because she has to use more stealth. That makes no sense. Would you rather

1) Be limited to stealth

Or

2) Be able to use stealth BUT also be able to fight?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Yup, men are better at killing and that's what being an assassin is all about.

Saying no gender is better at killing is called being naïve.

Stormpen
07-19-2009, 10:22 AM
what being an assassin is all about.

Yup, men are better at killing and that's what being an assassin is all about.

Oh dear, and here I was, thinking that Assassins fight for peace in all things....

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
well according to moqqy women cant fight even with the same traing as a man wow! lol its stupid to say that they might not be as strong as a man but be more skilled with a blade comes down to skill not strength (Laughs at people who are small minded)

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Be glad then that I corrected your misconception, Stormpen.

Charlie, a very skilled woman = a little below average man. A skilled woman = a poorly skilled man.

That's just how nature intended us, men as the fighters.

Stormpen
07-19-2009, 10:28 AM
When I said a woman would be a better assassin, I meant that a woman has to use her brains, because, as moqqy so clearly stated, women can't fight as well as men (big deal), thus, she plans her moves more carefully than a male assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
When I said a woman would be a better assassin, I meant that a woman has to use her brains, because, as moqqy so clearly stated, women can't fight as well as men (big deal), thus, she plans her moves more carefully than a male assassin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Indeed, she might. The male might depend too much on his fighting ability, but then we must assume he isn't very bright, as a smart assassin would plan his/her moves very well regardless.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Charlie, a very skilled woman = a little below average man. A skilled woman = a poorly skilled man.

are u serious? right go to a gym that teaches karate or judo or some martial art then pick a fight with 1 of the female members and yes there will be female members and be prepared to be kicked aroung alot cant believe how stupid and sexist you are moqqy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Charlie_Romeo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

are u serious? right go to a gym that teaches karate or judo or some martial art then pick a fight with 1 of the female members and yes there will be female members and be prepared to be kicked aroung alot cant believe how stupid and sexist you are moqqy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did judo for 5 years and I sparred with two females just a few days ago.. and guess what? It's like sparring with a child. You take the punches with your forehead and if you're feeling nice let them throw you once in a while when you can be arsed.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
i like the way people argue with nothing that can be proven bravo, well im not bothering anymore moqqy sadly your just a sexist desgrace to all males everywhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Have YOU argued with something that can be proven? No? Didn't think so.

I like to call myself realist.

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
lol well nothing i've said has said that i've done something to disprove what your trying to say but you have ie you say this i have no way of knowing if this is the truth or not. lets agree that im right and your being a fool k http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

moqqy
07-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I think I'm about done with you.

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, I think a woman would be a better assassin, coz she would have to rely a lot on stealth, coz, unlike a MAN, she cannot bash a guys brain out when he spots her. I think what psudodrake is trying to say is that a woman would be better coz she has to use more stealth.

Oh, and what d1sturbedme_468, Danvish, and moqqy are trying to say is, men are better at killing than women. Well, congratulations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
No I'm not saying that, I'm saying I just Hate the idea as playing a ninja, they had no morals except for get the job done quietly and for whoever paid no matter what, I got nothin against the women

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I do hope that assassins creed is in modern day and is desmond running aroung. wouldn't it be cool ifwe saw our cities with millions of people and assassinations happening

P.S
@Moqqy ha

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Cmon guys stop fightin just agree to diagree or ur BOTH disgracing males, let's just talk about AC3.

@Charlie: But it would take much more landscaping like what they had for [Prototype] and that didn't even involve the whole city of New York, just part of it. So it would sorta be hard for them to make a free-roam game going city to city if u know what I mean

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:01 AM
yeah i suppose, they could limit it to just either 1 city or 3-4 parts of 3-4 diffrent cities, but i dont think that would be assassins creed like then, awell

and i didnt start it lol

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Well i'll finish it lol
But I think the next one should be set up like another 200 years further, in a nearby country. Like France or Switzerland, something like that I'm not totally sure

Charlie_Romeo
07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
dunno how many intresingf things have ever happened in swizerland http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
but the french revalution started in 1789

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Well if it's the french revolution, u could see fights breaking out all around you like in that french book about the "lark" where citizens make barricades out everything and fight, it would be a time of huge disarray and the assassins would be trying to bring peace since the templars started this major conflict somehow lol

Danvish
07-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, I do support Disturbedme on this one. The flaming was about the Ninja, not about the woman part. Btw, speaking on making ACIII with french people... Jeanne d'Arc anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
lol, the french revolution would sound good now for AC3, but first we need to play AC2 lol

Danvish
07-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
lol, the french revolution would sound good now for AC3, but first we need to play AC2 lol

Hehe, agreed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Man I can barely wait for it! I'm going crazy thinking there's still 4 long, painful months to go! Jesus!

bladencrowd
07-19-2009, 06:38 PM
wow long time since I was last on forums. its good 2 be back!

Anyways, moqqy tsktsk. Your implying that the woman assassin is weaker. So what if the assassin was the same skill as the man. It's not just because their woman, its a matter of skill.

Oh yeah 5 bucks that assassins creed after 2 will use a gun as one of the main weapons.

moqqy
07-19-2009, 06:48 PM
A woman assassin that is as skilled as her male counterpart would still be a lot inferior because of physical and mental stuff. A woman assassin WOULD be weaker unless you want to play a woman on steroids that looks like a man..

bladencrowd
07-19-2009, 07:31 PM
your saying a woman of the same caliber as a man is weaker and dumber...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif PLEASE STOP SHAMING ALL MALES ON EARTH http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif .

moqqy
07-19-2009, 07:49 PM
If you could be more clear with the terms you used it'd be a lot easier to have a discussion. Your "shaming" thing is also just unnecessary and childish. If you want to get personal again, don't expect an answer from me.

Anyways, it is very, very likely that a female is weaker than a male. It'd have to be a very extraordinary male for him to be weaker. You talked about skill in your post before, now you use the word "caliber". Skill =/= strength.

I never said that females are dumber, you're twisting my words.

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I think everyone' sayin that ur discriminating women by sayin they're not as good just because their women. I'm not sure how sex comes in to play for skill training, I mean we have female marines, although there is that rule that they're not allowed on front lines. who knows.

moqqy
07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Things are rough all over, but this isn't a fair world.

And, uh.. do you realize you gained nothing by saying there are female marines.. BUT they're not allowed in the front lines?

EmperorxZurg
07-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm just saying they're allowed to fight but some people still think they can't take all of it, like people still don't trust them fully in battle yet

bokeef04
07-20-2009, 12:24 AM
hey moqqy, how long had the girls you sparred been training?

also i'd like to see you take on one of Master Toddy's fight girls, they would quickly open up a nice cut on your forehead with an elbow

Danvish
07-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm just saying they're allowed to fight but some people still think they can't take all of it, like people still don't trust them fully in battle yet

That I can answer. The reason females are not on the frontlines is only because they don't want to have females and males on the same combat unit, since they're afraid that then men might do idiotic things to the women after what they've seen in combat.
Also, referring to the viewpoint of the army, if falling in captivity, there can be much more painful intterogation (sp) methods to use on women.
I'ts not, I repeat, it's not because they are weaker than men.
In our army, i.e, we have a battalion built only from women, that do serve on the frontier.

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 12:42 AM
o so it's only so the guys don't go drunk with them or something, I was wondering why it was a rule. thanx Danvish for clearing up a 3 year mystery http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Danvish
07-20-2009, 12:48 AM
o so it's only so the guys don't go drunk with them or something, I was wondering why it was a rule. thanx Danvish for clearing up a 3 year mystery http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Glad I could help bro http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Assassins_Mead
07-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Well, to be fair, it's been proven by science that females are naturally less aggressive then males; therefore, they are not as comfortable fighting as their counterparts. I'm not being sexist or anything, but females are also more emotionally in touch than males - so I believe they are more vulnerable to the after effects of a murder.

But aren't we led to believe that we are killing in the name of peace? We shouldn't speculate AC 3 until after the events of AC2 - as for all we know Ezio could have taken a more violent turn.

Danvish
07-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Actually, what you're saying is quite wrong.
The army prefers to use women, since because they are more in-touch with their feelings, it decreases the chances that they'll go ravage coming home from a war (like happening in the US, unfortunately). I've seen my share of battles, and believe me, it can break anyone, and from I think, after speaking to girls who participated in battles, they actually take it better than us men.

bokeef04
07-20-2009, 03:37 AM
I agree with Danvish, especially since I know a few women who not only like fighting more then I do but want to be cage fighters

Korejo
07-20-2009, 04:08 AM
I agree, tht the idea of a woman as an assassin is weak.. no this is not gender discrimination.. but becoz this is how God has created us, men are powerful nd strong and musculine while women are emotionally stronger and hv stronger 6th sense etc...
females have many qualities... but unfortunately they are NOT as strong as men.. they might be skilled but thats not all needed to get the job done when it comes to assassination, and thats true.. we cant change that..

and as far as female assassin game goes.. go play velvet assassin... i assume many of u havent played it... even though u r saying that how women can be better fighters, skilled assassins etc. u do know that a game based on female assassin is gonna be weak..
as every one here might know, velvet assassin main character voilette summer is based on WWII secret agent Violette Szabo.. who was caught, tortured, sexually assaulted and killed.

Female sex has qualities of its own.. but they do NOT possess qualities of men.. thats the reason why great warriors/leaders like napoleon, alexander the great and Great Mughal emperors were all Men.

moqqy
07-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

That I can answer. The reason females are not on the frontlines is only because they don't want to have females and males on the same combat unit, since they're afraid that then men might do idiotic things to the women after what they've seen in combat.
Also, referring to the viewpoint of the army, if falling in captivity, there can be much more painful intterogation (sp) methods to use on women.
I'ts not, I repeat, it's not because they are weaker than men.
In our army, i.e, we have a battalion built only from women, that do serve on the frontier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are more reasons than that, though. One of the reasons is hygienic.

And the only reason they are fighting at all in the army is because of feminist movements.

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 05:47 AM
If this thread gets anymore sexist, I'm going to blow it up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I would also like to say that all MALES are a disgrace to the HUMAN RACE.

lol, just kidding.

I suppose the location of ACIII depends on the ending of ACII. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I suppose the location of ACIII depends on the ending of ACII. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Everybody thought that about AC1, and everyone was shocked to find out it's in Italy.

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 05:53 AM
I know, I just said that to end my post in a neutral kind of way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MeAltairLol
07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Apart from the discussion about women, I think using a ninja would completely ruin the franchise. There's too much such games already :/

Good idea for a different franchise, though.

Xanatos2007
07-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
Good idea for a different franchise, though.
Working on it...

bokeef04
07-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Korejo:
I agree, tht the idea of a woman as an assassin is weak.. no this is not gender discrimination.. but becoz this is how God has created us, men are powerful nd strong and musculine while women are emotionally stronger and hv stronger 6th sense etc...
females have many qualities... but unfortunately they are NOT as strong as men.. they might be skilled but thats not all needed to get the job done when it comes to assassination, and thats true.. we cant change that..

and as far as female assassin game goes.. go play velvet assassin... i assume many of u havent played it... even though u r saying that how women can be better fighters, skilled assassins etc. u do know that a game based on female assassin is gonna be weak..
as every one here might know, velvet assassin main character voilette summer is based on WWII secret agent Violette Szabo.. who was caught, tortured, sexually assaulted and killed.

Female sex has qualities of its own.. but they do NOT possess qualities of men.. thats the reason why great warriors/leaders like napoleon, alexander the great and Great Mughal emperors were all Men.

well I'll beat your example by using not one from a game but from real life, unfortunately I don't have the book anymore so can't write it word for word but it was a book on the samurai and one of the stories in it was about a generals wife who always rode into battle with him, during one fight the opposing general had grabbed her clothes and in the process ripped a piece off so she rode back killed him then presented his head to her husband

and if you want to talk about God creating women weaker then why does the Bible describe the Judge, Deborah, as a war leader?

moqqy
07-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korejo:

stories </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 09:13 AM
quote:

quote:

stories

Well, isn't Assassin's Creed a story? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Charlie_Romeo
07-20-2009, 09:22 AM
its pointless arguing with moqqy. even tho he knows he wrong he'll argue because hes stupid and very very sexisy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

moqqy
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

quote:

stories

Well, isn't Assassin's Creed a story? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, yes. But they were discussing real life - therefore fairy tales are hardly a proof.

Stormpen
07-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Err, yes. But they were discussing real life - therefore fairy tales are hardly a proof.

Oh sorry.

*walk off and recharges brain*

bokeef04
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
I used the word story as I couldn't think of another word, and since I don't actually have the book on hand I can't get the names from it, but it was non-fiction

besides you never answered my first question about how long the women you sparred had been training, which leads me to think they were beginners, also I didn't realise you did any striking in judo?

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
no judo is all about transfer of energy and using ur opponets force against them last I heard

obliviondoll
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
The OP missed the word Daikatana (the Japanese longsword), and the word Kunoichi. Kunoichi being an important one, because it's the traditional Japanese name for a female assassin.

By the way, dressing up as a Geisha for an assassination was a known tactic of ninja and Kunoichi, and one of many reasons an average Kunoichi was considered superior to an average ninja. They were prized by the clans they worked for.

And on the "Ninja were hired assassins" comment, that's true too. They tended to work (and live, again according to rumours) in clans, and the leader (or leaders, according to some rumours) of the clan chose which contract or contracts the clan took, and who to assign the task.

Final note, I like a lot of the ideas in this, but I think the majority would be better for a sequel to Shinobido: Way of the Ninja or as a new IP. Very few of the ideas would fit in an AC game without losing the feel of AC.

moqqy
07-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I used the word story as I couldn't think of another word, and since I don't actually have the book on hand I can't get the names from it, but it was non-fiction

besides you never answered my first question about how long the women you sparred had been training, which leads me to think they were beginners, also I didn't realise you did any striking in judo?

How do you know it's non-fiction? I very much doubt that. Such story from centuries ago IS fiction or at least has had a good chunk of it fantasized.

And no, you don't do any striking in judo. I used a past tense, so I don't do judo anymore and the sparring didn't take place with the rules of that particular martial art. Although I could have been a bit more clear.

Lights Out Asia
07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
My friend and I were discussing the future of Assassin's Creed a few days ago. I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but he came up with the idea that the third incarnation could very well take place during the French Revolution. I can see it happening, and historically it coincides with the rest of the games.

Honestly, I'd love to see it take place during this time period. I can picture it all now... and I love to run and climb around the streets and buildings of Paris.

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
second page buddy, been through that road

Lights Out Asia
07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
second page buddy, been through that road
Ah, still seems like you're all going through the whole female assassin thing too, buddy.

EmperorxZurg
07-20-2009, 09:47 PM
ya everyone seems it's a big deal if it's a girl or not, i don't care, it's just the guy version of Ezio seems cooler, i don't like my girl version of him that i thot up

Korejo
07-21-2009, 02:30 AM
"as every one here might know, velvet assassin main character voilette summer is based on WWII secret agent Violette Szabo.. who was caught, tortured, sexually assaulted and killed."

Stories?.. heh.. no.. Violette Szabo was the REAL WWII secret agent, and the main character of the game is based on her called Violette Summer.

i know..alot of u will never agree becoz its too hard to accept the reality.. dream on about having a "pregnant's creed" game.. which will most likely, never happen.

and I told u abt velvet assassin (the game)... so all of u who want to play a stealth action game with the main character being a woman.. the game is already available.

really? I m impressed.. but that still cant prove that women are as powerful as men.. that was one woman u could refer to?.. If i start the list of such men.. it will never end.

as for Bible, i donot want to discuss religions.
According to bible deborah might be the war leader.. but thts not the case with other religions.. as Christianity isnt the only religion. for e.g according to Greek Mythology Zeus (Male) is the King of GOds.

Like i said.. women have the qualities of their own but power/strength isnt one of them. Fact remains fact.. u people can argue but cant change that.. i m sorry.

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 03:56 AM
OMG. Korejo its not about a women being more powerful at all. It's about the skill if a male and female were equally skilled there would be no winner. The fact that you think its all down to power shows how ignorant both you and moqqy are. and acording to moqqy hes practiced judo which, if he was paying any attention at all, would of realised thatits not all about power and the weaker opponent can use the strength of the other to his/her own advantage.

moqqy
07-21-2009, 04:14 AM
You are being ignorant, my friend. Two equally skilled fighters of different sexes would end in the males victory because of his better physique.

Sypron
07-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Psudodrake:
snip

I'm sorry I didn't read your entire post, but I did read most of it.

Just because Ninja's perform similar jobs to Assassins and work in a similar way, DOES NOT MAKE THEM THE SAME THING.

In the Assassin's Creed universe the Assassin are an organisation which is descended from the Middle-Eastern Hashashin of the 12th century. The story of Assassin's Creed is the struggles between the Assassin's (and their modern day counterpart) and the Templars. The Ninja's of Japan are not the Assassins, and have nothing to do with the Assassin/Templar war.

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 04:22 AM
You are being ignorant, my friend. Two equally skilled fighters of different sexes would end in the males victory because of his better physique.

lol how do you know the man has a better physique> just because their equally skilled doesn't mean that thier both as fit as eachother does it? they both wield a weapon or there hands and feet at the same level. and because of the same level it would be a draw how can u not undersatand that they are equall? how old are you like 12 or something? when you think boys are better than girls at everything haha

Korejo
07-21-2009, 04:34 AM
If male and female are equally skilled, there would be no winner. okay.. Skill is the most important thing to have for an assassin.. i agree.. but power is equally important imo..

like in AC1 when Altair is surrounded by 20 guards and fight them off he obviously needs enough power to face them.. although altair facing 20 guards is quite unrealistic and hardly acceptable but a woman killing 20 guards is totally unacceptable.
And as far as using strength of an opponent to his/her own advantage goes.. tht would happen only if the opponent is dumb and not skilfull.. but if both are EQUALLY skillfull and not equally powerfull then the weaker party will lose/die.

i dont know abt moqqy but i m not ignorant, but realistic.. imo in any combat power plays as big role as skills.. no matter if u r talking abt boxing, ufc, sword fighting or judo.. as judo requires strength to execute a pick up or lock ure opponent into a submission hold.. powerfull opponent has an upper hand.. more power means more impact.

i dont mind playing a total stealth game like hitman series with a main character being a woman.. but AC isnt all that stealthy.

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 04:35 AM
I really hope Charlie_Romeo and moqqy don't live in the same country, beacuse if they do, murder will be committed soon.....

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 04:41 AM
If male and female are equally skilled, there would be no winner. okay.. Skill is the most important thing to have for an assassin.. i agree.. but power is equally important imo..

i dont mind playing a total stealth game like hitman series with a main character being a woman.. but AC isnt all that stealthy.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree cause i realise power plays a pary but i think skill vastly out ways it.
In *assassins* creed 2 ezio is seen to be more about stealth than just a worrior as other people have said (not in the thread but in others). I respect your opinion even if i disagree with it, which i do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@Stormpen: I live in Wales http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 04:43 AM
The reason that males are seen as better fighters than females is because they're more aggressive, so they tend to get into more fights. Women hardly ever need to fight, so they have no need for brute strength. A lady can easily charm her way past a couple of bouncers, a male on the other hand would probably get thrown out for being gay.

The battle of the sexes ends here, back on AC3. Any suggestions for possible locations/time periods?

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 04:47 AM
@Stormpen: I live in Wales

Well moqqy can live there too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 04:48 AM
The battle of the sexes ends here, back on AC3. Any suggestions for possible locations/time periods?

Thought i alredy ended it with agreeing to disagree and at that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

but yeah i hope its in the french revalution but there could be no Eiffel Tower as it was made 100 years after the war started 90 years after it finished, would of loved to kill some1 on the Eiffel Tower and climb up it lol

@Stormpen No he cant jk he can live wherever he wants to.

Korejo
07-21-2009, 04:49 AM
everyone has their different opinions and i respect ure opinion too..
We havent played AC2 yet.. so we dont know if it is going to be a total stealth game.. which i doubt.. becoz i think at some point in the game no matter how many smoke bombs u have Ezio wil end up fighting multiple guards who are more powerfull and skillfull with different fighting styles as compared to AC1, which is going to be even more challenging.

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 04:51 AM
My favourite periods of History end with the Enlightment era....

Is there anything impotant in history that happened between the Renaissance and the Enlightment?

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 04:56 AM
um idk when was the Enlightment era the the french was between 1789- 1799

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 05:00 AM
The enlightment started in 16something and ENDED with the French revolution.

Korejo
07-21-2009, 05:01 AM
Enlightenment was in the 18th century.. nothing important happened.. ideas of Democracy, freedom heh and capitalism were introduced and implemented..

moqqy
07-21-2009, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

lol how do you know the man has a better physique> just because their equally skilled doesn't mean that thier both as fit as eachother does it? they both wield a weapon or there hands and feet at the same level. and because of the same level it would be a draw how can u not undersatand that they are equall? how old are you like 12 or something? when you think boys are better than girls at everything haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because men have better physique for fighting. Sure, we can assume that the male is 200kg and pure fat but is as skilled as the fit female. Then the female wins, but what's the point?

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
moqqy its finished http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

still seem to find that the french is the nexy step but i'll keep looking for good wars to see

moqqy
07-21-2009, 05:56 AM
It's been finished since page 1, but you kept on going. You can't answer to my post and then say "it's finished". Especially if you're trying to counter what I said.

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 05:58 AM
right ... .. .
my and Korejo have said we'll agree to disagree my god lol

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Stop it Moqqy.

moqqy
07-21-2009, 06:20 AM
right ... .. .
my and Korejo have said we'll agree to disagree my god lol

Yes.. am I Korejo? Seriously, step your game up a bit. All you've been saying to me is that I'm stupid, a fool and so on.

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 06:23 AM
This thread's gonna get locked if we don't move on... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 06:24 AM
as Korejo was arguing the same point as you, in a better manner if i can say so, we've finished and by you carrying on your proving you a fool. "step your game up" i have i've been the bigger man between us two

moqqy
07-21-2009, 06:27 AM
You're in no place to talk about manners. I've yet to insult you, same can't be said about you. I'm not Korejo and he argued differently (this is how God made us..).

I'd absolutely love to hear how you've been the bigger man.

adam_the_ant
07-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Ok, here's my first post on the forums, so I'm going to keep it short. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think the 1600s, (around the time of the Gunpowder Plot) would be an ideal place and time for an assassin. There is the possibilty war will break out (English civil war), government is run by the land owners (the poor have no say) and there is the possibilty you could catch Black Death.
On the gender of the assassin, wouldn't Desmond have an identity crisis if he started reliving the life of a female ancestor? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Realjambo
07-21-2009, 06:28 AM
The childish bickering stops here.

Continue it here or in other threads and you can all take a week out to get over it.

You know who you are...

Charlie_Romeo
07-21-2009, 06:31 AM
that would be good idea but idk how much influnce the templars were but who knows.

moqqy just leave me alone this is my last post addresing how stupid childish you are and how much in need you are of attention. You an internet thug who just needs a hug, but i aint giving it to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

moqqy
07-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah, thanks for proving my point.

Realjambo
07-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Charlie_Romeo - What did I just say? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You posting after my warning and trying to have the last word / insult makes you as bad as anyone else involved in this little spat.

moqqy and Charlie_Romeo suspended for one week.

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by adam_the_ant:
I think the 1600s, (around the time of the Gunpowder Plot) would be an ideal place and time for an assassin. There is the possibilty war will break out (English civil war), government is run by the land owners (the poor have no say) and there is the possibilty you could catch Black Death.
On the gender of the assassin, wouldn't Desmond have an identity crisis if he started reliving the life of a female ancestor? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
Welcome aboard!

Stormpen
07-21-2009, 07:32 AM
On the gender of the assassin, wouldn't Desmond have an identity crisis if he started reliving the life of a female ancestor?

Finally! A reasonable non-sexist reply. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Welcome to the Forums, adam_de_ant.

thekyle0
07-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow, I wasted ten minutes reading an arguement about sexism that turned into an arguement about how childish the other is.

Here's a compromise...

In terms of physical ability, the average man tends to have a head start to the average woman because of how our anatomies are built. However, any woman who is determined enough could very likely surpass the man in any physical challenge.

In stealth, the social stealth(which is what assassin's creed is all about) would be better suited for a woman because in the era they were "second class". However, a man disguised as a beggar or such would probably demand even less attention, in that he isn't attractive.

Basically, it comes down to one's fitness and skill to determine what they are good at. A person's gender only inclines them to accel at certain things, it does not dictate what those are.

Danvish
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Jesus guys, just leave the female/male part out of this thread, or it will flame up again.

About ACIII, I think world war I could be a nice place... the guns/rifles were at the very start of them as automatic weapon, and I think it depends on how the gun in ACII will work. If it works in a good way and doesn't turn out into a shooting game, it could be a good option.

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
the only assassination in there would to be a hell jumper, I want to leave the world wars out of this cause it'll just into a shooter, it's inevitable. So I say French revolution in the 17th century

Danvish
07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I think the industrial revolution will be nice, can be about a plot of the templars to rule the entire world through the industry companies, and an assassins are the only thing that blocked them.

Xanatos2007
07-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I was thinking, maybe AC3 couldn't be set in one particular time period, but over several places at different times. Since Desmond is getting used to the Animus, he can soon travel to any memory. Problem here though is that if there's multiple Assassins there won't be enough room for character progression and we won't get to like them as much as Altair & Ezio. Unless they make the gameplay time like 600 hours or something. Just a theory, there were so many good moments throughout history that are a bit hazy and if AC is going to stay a trilogy then this seems best.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I was thinking, maybe AC3 couldn't be set in one particular time period, but over several places at different times. Since Desmond is getting used to the Animus, he can soon travel to any memory. Problem here though is that if there's multiple Assassins there won't be enough room for character progression and we won't get to like them as much as Altair & Ezio. Unless they make the gameplay time like 600 hours or something. <span class="ev_code_RED">Just a theory, there were so many good moments throughout history that are a bit hazy </span> and if AC is going to stay a trilogy then this seems best.

Like? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I dont think World wars would be good for AC3 and not only because of the guns. World War 2 is just more then often used, that i dont want it to have it AC3. It doesn't matter ww2 was never done in something like AC. So many shoorters, strategies, whatever, killed it for anything new in a game.

And what to assassinate in ww1, besides Archduke Franz Ferdinand?

Nah, and industrial revolution is about manufactoring. Okay, there could be tons of capitalists to kill, who just want to produce and making money. And which location? England, France, Italy, Germany and when?

Nah, also not the best idea.

I favor too, the French Revolution. Rolling heads.

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I would say the american revelutionary war, the guns were inacurate and people did still use some melee weapons due to reloading of the guns. meaning you could still have the game follow it's style but realy you couldnt go any more recent than that without turning the game into a shooter.

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
lol but it would be so easy to kill the British, they all stood in lines for us back then

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
that was just because we knew how bad of a shot you lot were so we thought we would give you a chance, the important thing to rember about that war is the british never lost. we just knew how the americans would turn out so decided it was better just leaving them too it.

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
well that is true. And now see wat u've done? we wouldn't be so hated if u were still here!U could have made it so Bush was never President! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
But i still like the idea of the french revolution more

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 02:45 PM
the scottish Vs english war would be a good setting as it had some decent battles and you could add some assassinations into it. only problem is around that time it is alot more large scale war than people just walking about.

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
u mean with that gaelic warrior from brave heart sort of. Would make sense since the Templars were from England and this was before Scotland was considered part of it. And there wouldn't be any guns either, just those catapults and swords

caswallawn_2k7
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
yes around the time of william wallace (who wasnt scottish http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif ) but it add's even more interest in the fact sevral english areas actualy fought for the scottish against the english, so it would add a good sens of assassinations and need for stealth when there are factions fighting for the oposite side to what would be expected.

xxxthatcherxxx
07-21-2009, 03:09 PM
the assassin could easily be a woman if the target was in a kitchen

Realjambo
07-21-2009, 03:24 PM
the assassin could easily be a woman if the target was in a kitchen

Oof! There are two ways to take that!

Go on, clarify it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

xxxthatcherxxx
07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
nope i think thats all i wanted to say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EmperorxZurg
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
is that a hint that a templar can make cakes now?!

xxxthatcherxxx
07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
maybe a pie

sm312
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Well I think personally UK is the next place though I prefer London and such cause to me the history and look of England is just spectacular I've been there at least 5 times loved it can't wait to go back and I think an AC game would be perfect in that era

xxxthatcherxxx
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
ive been to england a few times too. infact 365 times since this time last year and it aint so great

sm312
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Oh well idk theres just something about it I can't tell its just instinct to me

platypus1130
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Really loving this idea, and no, no one sex is better at being an assassin, they're just different. Men tend to be bigger and bulkier, women tend to be more flexible. It's nature. You could argue that these differences make one sex better at certain things than another but that's not very important to me so stfu.

Also, if half of that ninja-run-up-the-wall **** even possible? (c'mon, really?)

Lockdown325
07-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I'd like one to be in LOndon or China, it would be neat to climb up on top of Big Ben, or kill guards while running along the Great Wall of China.

Cy82705
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
why dont you just make it 2 assassins instead of 1, 1 man, 1 woman, instead of flaming each other might as well work with one another

Cy82705
07-22-2009, 12:29 AM
why dont you just make it 2 assassins instead of 1, 1 man, 1 woman, instead of flaming each other who's the better sex,might as well work with one another

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-22-2009, 12:24 PM
they could do french revolution with napoleon afterwards, sure that would cover 15 to 20 years, well but? Ok, canons and muzzle-loaders were mostly used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_French_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_wars
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...apoleon_1811.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Europe_map_Napoleon_1811.svg/415px-Europe_map_Napoleon_1811.svg.png)

Or thrity years way maybe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War

religion, power, different rulers and commandors from diffrent european nations, violence, chaos time.

tried to assassinate some dudes in praque which lead to the outbreak of the war which was fought 30 years, mostly in europe, but also overseas.

Gustav Adolphus got assassinated, nobody knows who was the killer.

would be about 150 years after 1486, but if french rev is the setting for AC3 then, 1789 and 2012 isn't 300 years too.

weapons were canons and muzzle-loaders, but mostly swords, halbards were used.

however, unsure about that big impact of worldhistory...well was just an idea.

Japan could be a setting in the 19th century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Restoration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonn%C5%8D_j%C5%8Di

EmperorxZurg
07-22-2009, 12:36 PM
the napolean time would be great, it's just that the span isn't much, we gave Altair 200 years to have a kid, and although Ezio might have had one with one of his "lady friends" it wouldn't give much time for the child to grow up at around the same age as the others since it seems Ubi wants all assassins at around 25. lol And I for one just don't want Japan, don't really know why but the idea just doesn't sound good

Danvish
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
the napolean time would be great, it's just that the span isn't much, we gave Altair 200 years to have a kid, and although Ezio might have had one with one of his "lady friends" it wouldn't give much time for the child to grow up at around the same age as the others since it seems Ubi wants all assassins at around 25. lol And I for one just don't want Japan, don't really know why but the idea just doesn't sound good

Ezio's brother from another mother? xD

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Danvish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Ezio's brother from another mother? xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well and if you would use the French Revolution which last from 1789–1799, so 10 years, with its peak from 1790 to 1795, but take 1789. That would mean we gave him 23 more years, in whole 223 years compared to 200 years.

I would be curious what story they would tell in the french rev or the napoleon time, with assasinations and orders, etc.

Maybe thirtyears war could give an option. that would be europe again, but japan isn't my favor time for ac3 that much. And the Maya culture, i dont know how many historians know about, found out, but with the arrival of the spanish, the mayas and also the aztecs and incas cultures, got a downfall, if not close to an extinction. And china, was great, but they end their big explorer times, when the europeans had just started.

Maybe AC3 will play mostly in 2012 in USA or Canda, who knows, what the developers will think out, do for the setting.

Multiple settings could be also good, but you would play different charaters in different times. dunno if this would be that great. As they wanted to keep it a triology and dont spread the playtime of the game up to 600 hours or so.

if you dont know and have interest in it, if not, then not :P

The Father Of Modern Warfare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKYqSyoopw

Tribute To Fallen Heroes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OQWroxNW6M

Danvish
07-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I think all the talking about ACIII in the french revolution, will only make them do it somewhere else.

Everyone talked about the French Revolution when ACI was done, and they decided to do it in Italy. I think their moto is to surprise us, and so they'll choose a different location ONLY to surprise us.

EmperorxZurg
07-23-2009, 12:03 AM
ok then, We DO NOT want the French revolution {reverse phsycology} http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Danvish
07-23-2009, 02:40 AM
ok then, We DO NOT want the French revolution {reverse phsycology} http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Yeh! Boooo on frenchmen!

Xanatos2007
07-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Everyone was shocked to find out that ACII was set in Italy during the Reneiccance, despite all the cryptic messages at the end of AC1. So ACIII is probably going to be set somewhere/when completely unexpected as well, like the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

obliviondoll
07-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Everyone was shocked to find out that ACII was set in Italy during the Reneiccance, despite all the cryptic messages at the end of AC1. So ACIII is probably going to be set somewhere/when completely unexpected as well, like the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGOl-j***0) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

etseiotheasasen
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by sm312:
Well I think personally UK is the next place though I prefer London and such cause to me the history and look of England is just spectacular I've been there at least 5 times loved it can't wait to go back and I think an AC game would be perfect in that era

no

habsman117
07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Assassin's Creed 3

So I propose to all of you: What if there was an ancestor who was a notable assasin, was from Japan, and was a woman?

Such is the true strength of women like her.

the problem with that is desmond is not japanese so he can't have a japanese ancestor

Korejo
07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
if Desmond can have an asian ancestor and an italian ancestor.. then y not a japanese?.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

thekyle0
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
How would they justifiy Desmond's ancestors moving from Italy to Japan? Going from the holy land to Italy made sense because of open trade routes, but it would take generations and far-stretched possibilities to justify moving to japan.

MrNussbaum
07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm assuming all of the Japan talk started because of the writing on the wall in AC1, correct? Of course anything is possible, but it was confirmed through the e-mails in AC1 that the Japan stuff was put there by subject 16, not Desmond.

I really don't care where AC3 is set, as long as it is not entirely set in modern times. The history aspect and Ubisoft's attention to detail is what got me hooked on the franchise in the first place. Setting the games in times and locations that aren't usually explored in video games is what makes the AC franchise unique and I hope Ubisoft realizes that.

ryanHH
07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
The next AC will be set in germany 100 %

ryanHH
07-24-2009, 11:19 AM
or spain there was a fight in the 1500-1700 i forgot when but theres a fight and it will definatly happen there or
you know
Patrice (the master assassin)
will send us to the French resitstance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
because he is french

averagejoe620
07-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Uhhh... great idea, but you should sell that storyline to Ninja Gaiden, not AC

Realjambo
07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
ryanHH - Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' function, bottom right icon with the folder and the pencil end with the eraser.

Thank you.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
I'm assuming all of the Japan talk started because of the writing on the wall in AC1, correct? Of course anything is possible, but it was confirmed through the e-mails in AC1 that the Japan stuff was put there by subject 16, not Desmond.

I really don't care where AC3 is set, as long as it is not entirely set in modern times. The history aspect and Ubisoft's attention to detail is what got me hooked on the franchise in the first place. Setting the games in times and locations that aren't usually explored in video games is what makes the AC franchise unique and I hope Ubisoft realizes that.

yeah i agree with you totally!!! the history, the places AND the story.

i hope they don't do the nazi time as setting :S

but japan and china isn't my choice first hand, what i would prefer to play...

phimo123-FR
10-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but what I want to share is related, plus I did a research before creating an new thread.

Kotaku has a very interesting article about ACIII, WWII, woman, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I think you talked about that before.

http://kotaku.com/5380649/assa...ii-wwii-sure-why-not (http://kotaku.com/5380649/assassins-creed-iii-wwii-sure-why-not)

vanbuskirks
10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
the truth of the matter is that a man is far better suited to be an assassin than a female. The testosterone in a man's body not only makes him physically stronger, but it increases many other characteristics as well. For example, men have more red blood cells per mL of blood than women, which enables them to transport more oxygen allowing for better muscle endurance and shorter refractory periods. There are other examples, but assuming that men and women are intellectual equals, the physically superior one is the better choice.

Hessian1967
10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Well being An Aikido, Kendo, Shoin Ryu Instructor this is a good idea, but for another game? You could start the game from Feudal Japan, Starting with the Ninja Wars.

Playing a Woman as an Assassin is good, cause most of history best Assassin's were Woman. Ma Hari was an incredible Assassin. Back in WWII some of the best SPIES were Woman for both sides, and more recent in the ' Cold War ' Days the best Snipers/ Assassin's were Woman. Just saying

Hessian1967
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking it might be in the U.S.A. during the Revolution War era.( 1776 ) when the 'Templar's started in new territory where some believe that the 'Holy Grill' exists. the History channel is doing an episode of that? but be carful if the makers go into the 'Free Masons'the signs are close to the same.

phimo123-FR
10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Well... Nobody said ACIII will have the exact same mechanics. They can adapt the whole thing for a woman character.

UchihaKarasu
10-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by vanbuskirks:
the truth of the matter is that a man is far better suited to be an assassin than a female. The testosterone in a man's body not only makes him physically stronger, but it increases many other characteristics as well. For example, men have more red blood cells per mL of blood than women, which enables them to transport more oxygen allowing for better muscle endurance and shorter refractory periods. There are other examples, but assuming that men and women are intellectual equals, the physically superior one is the better choice.

SEXIST!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Never forget the Kunoichi! They were often more successful than their male counter parts. And all the top Jujutsu artists are women as well.
Besides, being well built physically has nothing to do with Assassination the majority of the time.

But I don't like the idea of WW2, I don't like that era and it's been done to death

Xanatos2007
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanbuskirks:

SEXIST!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Never forget the Kunoichi! They were often more successful than their male counter parts. And all the top Jujutsu artists are women as well.
Besides, being well built physically has nothing to do with Assassination the majority of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here we go again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

opisamra
10-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Why can't they set a game some where in the east?? Seriously, almost all games are set in the west or in the Middle East. Why can't they make a game in China or India or something. I can't remember ever playing a good game that was set in India or China or any other eastern country. And that is not because there is no good story that the developers can use. I mean seriously, they are two of the oldest civilisations both who have been in numerous wars, witnessed violent and turbulent times, seen invasions and witnessed thousands and thousands of assassinations.

Xanatos2007
10-14-2009, 12:40 AM
It's called "globalisation".

vanbuskirks
10-14-2009, 01:17 AM
@Uchiha Being a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner myself and competing in multiple tournaments I can guarantee you that 95% of the male players would whoop on the female players. Generally females have flexibility over males, but an experience male has flexibility, strength, and endurance advantages over any female player. Throw Jacare or most of the Gracie's in there with a female player and they'll get subbed quick. Personally I've seen it happen, women challenge the men all of the time in just for fun matches post-competition, and generally it's the males that come out on top.

As far as the other stuff goes, I have no idea so I wont comment.

Typhonahriman
10-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I agree with opisamra and I'd like to see AC3 set in the east somewhere, like China or Japan, but if guns are introduced I think I'll lose interest. I'd also like to see some archery of some kind. It was disappointing for me the first time I saw the intro to AC1 then later found out I couldn't use the crossbow.

As for the matter of male vs. female, It's just a game, and realism shouldn't have such an impact on a game like Assassin's Creed. I'm a male and I would like to see a female character in AC3, not because I'm perverted or anything, but it's not found often within a genre like this (Or it's never done well anyway), and I think it would allow for an interesting personality.

NoxieDC
10-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Opisamra, what about the first Assassin's?
Going with Xana, western countries have had more cultural impact over the world so a lot of people (I'm not going to say most, hell knows how many asians would disagree) would rather see that side of the world. Me included, especially because you assassinate people. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

If Ezio doesn't set sail for America at the end, then the next game will still be in western Europe. So far they've clearly linked the protagonists.

Atmon
10-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Ok just for your information, Seb Puel is currently misquote on the Internet and people get crazy about ACIII setting being confirmed during WWII with a female hero.

So here is the entire context and answer:

Talking about the possibility of the protagonist of the next AC game being female, producer Sébastien Puel had this to say:

“Where would that make sense? We don't want to just decide we want to change and have a female hero as the first inspiration is always the time period, but if you're talking about, say, World War II the economies in England and France were run by women because the men were off fighting.

So maybe in this context you were a woman in England during WWII. Why not? Nothing prevents us from doing it”

Which leads me to a conclusion. We are not done with ACII, we want to support our game and nothing is currently set for a sequel. As always the first question we will answer will be, what could be a great setting.

Everything is permitted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

UchihaKarasu
10-14-2009, 07:11 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

good
Thank you for clearing that up

phimo123-FR
10-14-2009, 07:26 AM
That's what I always thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Subject J80
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ryanHH:
The next AC will be set in germany 100 %

Since we're on the subject...

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=225343 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225343)

http://card.mygamercard.net/MrJohnnyMo143.png

phimo123-FR
10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Lol! That's exactly the same new I posted yesterday. (I took the new on Kotaku I think, but the source was cvg.com) In fact, you can read a comment by Atmon about this topic. (page 8...)

FutureVenturer2
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
dont see why a woman would be a wrose assassin than a man? sounds a bit stupid even a bit sexist and im a bloke.
Well, as much as I respect women, I really dislike seeing games set before the modern day that offer women roles as warriors. It is so inaccurate and that alone irritates and bores me to death. Plus, women are usually portrayed in a very sexually way, so what point is there in having many games about women as main characters in the past, or even about women as main characters in the modern day. Only if a game offered something other than a very violent and meaningless purpose would I accept the idea of having a female lead role in a game.

As for Assassin's Creed as a franchise, I am not very familiar with the titles, but I am quite interested in them, now that I heard about them offering morality as well as tackling conspiracy theories. Few games ever have a combination of the two, except for the Deus Ex franchise. My eyes definitely will be fixed on this franchise.

florisz1990
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see a female Assassin, but wouldn't WWII be too much a shooter style?

NuclearFuss
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh dear god I hope we don't have another WET on our hands.

DeSabellis
10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Great, now the series could be milked out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Velvit
10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
i dont like it. first Desmond would be playing as a women. wouldnt that be pretty weird for him. The ninjistu thing would ruin it to me. That would make the climbing way to easy. That would make assassins creed way to unrealistic with the magic thing

EmperorxZurg
10-14-2009, 05:25 PM
does everyone see what Atmon said, they're not certain at all because AC2 hasn't even come out yet, but they will make it a girl if they feel that the role of a female assassin outfitted the one of a male assassin. Now stop talking about AC3 and just wait for AC2...or go play Brutal Legendhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

pdw92
10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure it would
A)Depend on the time period
B)Depend on the country/land
C)Depend on the society of that country/time period
For the longest time women barely had rights, they were usually trapped in a patriarchal society, where men dominate just about everything that moves. So, women were probably not even allowed to learn how to use weapons let alone be trained as assassin's.

X10J
10-14-2009, 06:31 PM
it could be that ACIII will be set before altair, in an interview with gi one of the devs i believe it was Patrice (probobly mispelled) said something to the effect of "Assassin's Creed is about a man reliving memories of his ancestors and Altair is just one person in the middle of that timeline." but that probobly means nothing

craxe
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
there are many things wrong with that:
1. in most times up until about 70 years ago, women were homemakers and not much else, it would be odd for many people to see a woman going around unattended, especially buying weapons, she would be very suspicious.

2. Altair would be seeing things through the eyes of a woman. this would be SERIOUSLY weird though it would give a lot of room for humor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3. Though a strong woman can be stronger than a weaker man, if they were both at top physical fitness the man would usually be stronger. so women usually do not have enough strength to do the kind of acrobatics that Altair and Ezio have been doing while carrying about 50lbs+ of weapons and armor.

4. I agree with everyone else, Japan would be stupid (ninja are overexaggerated (though, contrary to popular belief, they were not for hire, they were oppressed people trying to gain their country back from China)) and World War 2 has been played out too much

These are my opinions with facts, take them as you will.

EmperorxZurg
10-14-2009, 07:43 PM
ok I'm going to adress some of those topics u have stated craxe

1.) remember that women could dress up as men sometimes and would actually get away with it

2.) it's Desmond not Altair, but ya it would be a bit weird lol

3.) but remember that women are usually smarter than us men, it's true and I admit it, {although some of them have been losing all their intelligence to that prep and fashion stuff latelyhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif} so they might plan an execution and compensate for the fact their not as strong, but they're stiull WAY more flexible than us too

4.)where did u hear that? it is a widely known fact that even the ninjas said themselves in their documents left behind that they were basically the first form of mercenary/soldier for hire. The fact about them freeing from China was the Samurais fought often with the ninjas so it looked a lot like a country war, however it wasn't though, they were just hired by the resistance a lot lol

Samuel032593
10-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I honestly love the idea of having a female ancestor. I had never really given it much thought. However, I just absolutley cannot stand the whole Chi energy crap. Sorry. but I don't believe that through concentrating on my energy that I can scale the empire state building. However, a more realistic approach like those of AC1 and AC2 would be more fitting. And what's with the whole male and female battle here. I admit that naturally speaking, men are much stronger, much much stronger than women, in most cases. However, there are women out there can be just as strong as a man, or at least close to as strong. However, women's flexability and prowess in battle is not something to be triffled with. They can be just as powerful as a man, not through strength, but through skill. However, this would require a lot of training time and dedication. And one last thing, I think that sex would pretty much have to be counted out, at least graphic sex any way, regardless of how realistic the prospect might be. Anyway, nice ideas, and c ya guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ureh
10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
lol i read in the 1up article that it might take place during ww2 lol
that's wierd cuz then the assassin blade will only be kinda useful cuz people have tanks and guns and airplanes at that time
assassin weapon are definitely ganna be different at that time
a machine gun hidden blade wow! shoot rapid hidden blades

DeSabellis
10-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I hope the story doesn't become too much of a stretch. Seriously, if Desmond is not the main character of AC3, I would be completely disappointed, it would almost defeat the purpose of having the modern element.

phimo123-FR
10-14-2009, 09:04 PM
AC is a trilogy (well, the first three games... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif). Desmond has to been in the third one. I'm sure the game is all about December 2012 too. (is it taking place in 2012? I read people saying it was...)

manuelvaldes
10-14-2009, 09:27 PM
dude the AC2 gam isnt even out yet and your talking about the setting of the 3rd?? what the hell dude

KZarr
10-15-2009, 02:12 AM
^ Nothing wrong with making suggestions. Now is when they decide how and what AC3 will be.

keepth3beat
10-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Hessian1967:
I'm thinking it might be in the U.S.A. during the Revolution War era.( 1776 ) when the 'Templar's started in new territory where some believe that the 'Holy Grill' exists.

Can I just say that 'holy grill' is probably the greatest typo in the history of mankind? I'm just imagining people from the ghetto fighting over it. It gives you +100 to your 'bust a cap' skillz.

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure that a big part as to why AC1 and AC2 are set in western countries is because the main character himself is Caucasian. While there was blood-writing in eastern languages, we're following the story of Desmond, not subject #16 (or any others who may have contributed to the writing), who could very well have ancestors from the east.

Granted, I'm not saying it's impossible for Desmond to have some sort of Asian heritage, but given the huge jumps in time, chances are the game could be set somewhere in the 18-20th centuries (if they decide to have the third one set in the past at all), and were that the case, I'm sure Desmond would show some physical indication of being from that portion of the globe.

It's funny that they mention WWII specifically in that article, because I remember saying something about that being a possibility for a female protagonist a few weeks ago. Funny coincidence.

I'm a little annoyed at how negatively y'all are receiving the female protagonist thing though. True the majority of females in society behaved a certain way within a certain century (which is to say, they were property, demure, etc. etc. etc.), there are always exceptions to the rule. Not only that, but I think that were this franchise to take the jump of having a female protagonist that it would be an incredible opportunity for them to break some of those stereotypes of women in gaming. And honestly, if anyone were to do it, I think I'd trust the team working on this game series the most out of any, because they've proven that they're quite capable of crafting a good story with good characterization and development, and are sticklers for historical accuracy.

So yes, while in modern gaming has a lot of oversexualized females who are "bad-***" (pet peeve: when females can only be considered awesome when they kill sh*t. A woman can be strong without fighting all the time, go figure!), I think the AC team could easily create an interesting woman who is strong, subtle, and able to get the job done.

Also, the introduction of a female protagonist could call for a possible shift in gameplay, and rather than being more action based, focus more on the stealth or social elements. She could still be trained to fight, obviously, but the assassinations could be based more on actual infiltration and manipulation than "sneaking in" and beating the crap out of everyone in the area before stabbing your target in the throat.

Whoops, sorry for the wall 'o text. But it's definitely intriguing to me...!

moqqy
10-15-2009, 04:15 AM
3.) but remember that women are usually smarter than us men, it's true and I admit it, {although some of them have been losing all their intelligence to that prep and fashion stuff latelyhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif} so they might plan an execution and compensate for the fact their not as strong, but they're stiull WAY more flexible than us too

Women might be smarter than you but to speak for the majority of us, you'll need to provide some sources. Again, women might be more flexible than you are, but women in general are not more flexible than men in general.

Originally posted by keepth3beat:
Also, the introduction of a female protagonist could call for a possible shift in gameplay, and rather than being more action based, focus more on the stealth or social elements. She could still be trained to fight, obviously, but the assassinations could be based more on actual infiltration and manipulation than "sneaking in" and beating the crap out of everyone in the area before stabbing your target in the throat.

Yeah. That could work and would most probably make for a nice game. She would mostly do it with infiltration and social stealth, but when the need arises she could also effectively kill(if discovered). So.. in that sense I don't really see it as negative. Would be most interesting and good refreshment.

BUT..

I rather play a male character. Just because I'm one myself.

keepth3beat
10-15-2009, 04:56 AM
BUT..

I rather play a male character. Just because I'm one myself.

Well, of course. ;P But think of it from our side of the fence for a second--men have hundreds of examples of well-written, realistic, grizzled male characters to follow.

Should I want to play a game starring a female character at all, that severely limits the games I can play. And should I want to play a game that features a main female character that is actually fully clothed and possessing of proportions that are somewhat realistic? Well... :[

Not that I'm saying AC should completely bow to my whims and wishes, but it'd be a nice change. I think that the gaming market really doesn't take into account the fact that the female gamer base could grow exponentially should they decide to step outside of the box for a second and stop making games so deliberately sexist.

Look at games like Metal Gear Solid, which have an impressive female gamer base, and great, prominent female characters (like the Boss and Meryl) while still having an awesome male protagonist. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
10-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Yes, I know.. that doesn't change the fact I want to play a male, though.. but I'm not saying you shouldn't want a female character. The last good game with a female main character is Tomb Raider, if you don't count RPGs, imo. And I mean Tomb Raider 2.. so yeah, it's been ages.

Well, AC2's "main boss" might just be female. Though I'd massively prefer if she'd be the boss because of manipulating and pulling the strings.. instead of wielding a massive sword and wearing a chainmail bikini "armor".

BladeInCrowd
10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Yes, I know.. that doesn't change the fact I want to play a male, though.. but I'm not saying you shouldn't want a female character. The last good game with a female main character is Tomb Raider, if you don't count RPGs, imo. And I mean Tomb Raider 2.. so yeah, it's been ages.

Well, AC2's "main boss" might just be female. Though I'd massively prefer if she'd be the boss because of manipulating and pulling the strings.. instead of wielding a massive sword and wearing a chainmail bikini "armor".

I agree. I would like to see a female main boss plained well who does manipulate her subordinates rather than, as you put it, "with a chainmail bikini." lol. Also, it would suit the setting (if it's baised in the past, that is) of a woman doing a mans job. Good tiwst if done right.

LivingAlien_boy
10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
i dont now if you arledy talked about it but 2012 will have 366 days not 365 think about it make theories about it sorry my english suck i'm italian

keepth3beat
10-15-2009, 01:35 PM
The last good game with a female main character is Tomb Raider, if you don't count RPGs, imo. And I mean Tomb Raider 2.. so yeah, it's been ages.

Haha, Lara Croft has definitely turned into one of those ridiculously oversexualized women with no personality. At least the developers *tried* to give her a brain in TR2, from what I can remember. I dunno. I was young, so most of my time was spent in her house trying to make the butler fart.

Well, AC2's "main boss" might just be female.

Who? :O Are you talking about the leader of the courtesans? Or is there another one?

And yeah, thankfully it looks like we'll at least have 2 female characters in AC2 as opposed to only Lucy's minor involvement in the present-day. I'm pretty excited to see how they handle this thief-chick in the past.

Grandmaster_Z
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
eventually AC is going to have guns because the fight between templars and assassins is still going on in the present time. maybe not in AC3, but in the "spin-offs" that ubi says they could expand to, there will have to be guns if they bring it to the modern day. At the end of ac1, didnt they say that there were gun shots or whatever when the assassins tried to infiltrate the building..

SinNyxAtra
10-15-2009, 06:26 PM

I'm a little annoyed at how negatively y'all are receiving the female protagonist thing though. True the majority of females in society behaved a certain way within a certain century (which is to say, they were property, demure, etc. etc. etc.), there are always exceptions to the rule. Not only that, but I think that were this franchise to take the jump of having a female protagonist that it would be an incredible opportunity for them to break some of those stereotypes of women in gaming. And honestly, if anyone were to do it, I think I'd trust the team working on this game series the most out of any, because they've proven that they're quite capable of crafting a good story with good characterization and development, and are sticklers for historical accuracy.

So yes, while in modern gaming has a lot of oversexualized females who are "bad-***" (pet peeve: when females can only be considered awesome when they kill sh*t. A woman can be strong without fighting all the time, go figure!), I think the AC team could easily create an interesting woman who is strong, subtle, and able to get the job done.

Whoops, sorry for the wall 'o text. But it's definitely intriguing to me...!

^This. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Pat0307
10-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Well I really seem to like books that have 2 main characters that alternate each chapter. As the story goes on, they do things that create the problems in each other's story. Then ,of course, they are brought together.

So maybe they could do a male/female alternation after each main objective is completed. Then you could choose who you would want to be once they meet up. This could possibly add some co op into the game. Although kind of hard to obtain, I would really think a game like this would be fun.

moqqy
10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Who? :O Are you talking about the leader of the courtesans? Or is there another one?

I don't know.. I said might. I doubt they'd reveal the big bad enemy before the launch.

KimVengeance
10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Assassin's Creed 3
When discussing anscestory, one must remember that a human being is made up of both a male and a female parent, so while Altair and Ezio represent forefathers, what about a foremother?

I approve of this idea. He needs to go back in time and be a woman for a while. Preferably during a certain time of the month, to gain full understanding of what it is like to be female..

Airadan
10-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Who cares if female or male?

AC2 isnt even out yet so you dont need to worry about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-15-2009, 10:59 PM

Women might be smarter than you but to speak for the majority of us, you'll need to provide some sources. Again, women might be more flexible than you are, but women in general are not more flexible than men in general.

Yeah. That could work and would most probably make for a nice game. She would mostly do it with infiltration and social stealth, but when the need arises she could also effectively kill(if discovered). So.. in that sense I don't really see it as negative. Would be most interesting and good refreshment.

BUT..

I rather play a male character. Just because I'm one myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, those are common facts, I would rather play as a dude too, but we don't have to go around saying men are better than women, women are better in some things and men are better in others

SlimeDynamiteD
10-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I totally Agree with that Disturbed,
but ...
It would be cool to play as a Half naked Smoking Hot Girl Assassin wouldn't it? :P

Korejo
10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by P_Morin90:
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but what I want to share is related, plus I did a research before creating an new thread.

Kotaku has a very interesting article about ACIII, WWII, woman, etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I think you talked about that before.

http://kotaku.com/5380649/assa...ii-wwii-sure-why-not (http://kotaku.com/5380649/assassins-creed-iii-wwii-sure-why-not)

Why the hell are they ruining Assassins creed for a bunch of Feminists on forums demanding "pregnants creed"?.. If they want to make a game with a female protanogist.. why dont they just start a whole new franchise for that, I HOPE that never happens to Assassins creed..

keepth3beat
10-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Why the hell are they ruining Assassins creed for a bunch of Feminists on forums demanding "pregnants creed"?.. If they want to make a game with a female protanogist.. why dont they just start a whole new franchise for that, I HOPE that never happens to Assassins creed..

Lollerskates, you're a terrible troll. I could go on to tell you why you're an idiot, but really, I think all of your text speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Pat0307:

So maybe they could do a male/female alternation after each main objective is completed. Then you could choose who you would want to be once they meet up. This could possibly add some co op into the game. Although kind of hard to obtain, I would really think a game like this would be fun.

That sounds like a cool, but incredibly tedious idea that wouldn't exactly suit the game. I mean, in a sense, they could make it work with the premise that the male is the male ancestor of that generation and the female is the other half. But when we get down to it, you'd be switching between Ancestor 1, 2, AND Desmond, which would be very confusing.

It also seems like a cool idea at first, but I think it would be something similar to trying to shove five pounds of sh!t into a ten pound bag--rather, trying to cram too many things into one game will just result in sh!t all over the place.

Hm. Maybe I should have used a different metaphor.

kostya_8586
10-16-2009, 04:31 AM
TO DEVELOPERS and OTHERS:
In my opinion, If you want to make a game with a female protanogist, you must use France in XVIII century (French Revolution and Napoleon's Wars settings); but the best in this situation that you can use male protagonist in these settings too.
ABOUT FEMALE ASSASSINS IN WORLD WAR II - VELVET ASSASSIN. YOU CAN MAKE ANY MASTERPIECE, BUT YOU WILL BE ONLY SECOND IN EYES OF THOSE, WHO PLAYED VELVET ASSASSIN (maybe not so original and diverse game, but very atmospheric and interesting to play on Hard difficulty.
WITH BEST REGARDS TO DEVELOPERS.

Xanatos2007
10-16-2009, 04:42 AM
YOU DON'T NEED TO CAPITALISE EVERYTHING.

Anyway, has anyone considered both? Maybe Desmond needs to visit the memories of two of his ancestors (great great great great great great mother & father) in order to get the required info about a particular situation. Maybe you have a mission with two Assassins and they split up afterwards to complete different objectives, and you have to live through both. Or is genetic memory only passed down the male side of the family?

moqqy
10-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Dude, those are common facts, I would rather play as a dude too, but we don't have to go around saying men are better than women, women are better in some things and men are better in others

Hahahaahhahahahehgedhhgunasj.

No they are not common facts (because they're not even true..). If they are so common, show me some researches done about them! Should be easy, they're common facts, after all, eh? If you noticed I didn't say men are better than women, I said women aren't smarter or more flexible than men(see, it's a funny thing! Just because A isn't more than B, it doesn't mean B is more than A. They could even be *gasp* equal!).

thekyle0
10-16-2009, 08:22 AM
This (http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,697341/Assassins-Creed-3-possibly-in-World-War-II-with-female-character/News/) looks pretty legitimate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Damn journalists. </pre>

DeSabellis
10-16-2009, 08:28 AM
This rumour is never going to die off, no matter how many times someone can quell it...

thekyle0
10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
If the 3rd game is set in WW2, I'm going to need to read reviews that are more flattering than a wedding proposal before I decide to buy the game.

DeSabellis
10-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
If the 3rd game is set in WW2, I'm going to need to read reviews that are more flattering than a wedding proposal before I decide to buy the game.

You're getting a nickname soon.

The world needs another WW2 game like I need Swine Flu again...

thekyle0
10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
True, but WW2 games aren't a virus, they're a bacterial infection, so they keep coming back.

I think this might be the third time you've threatened me with a nickname.

DeSabellis
10-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Or like a Nobel Peace prize... you get it for doing nothing...

Tetsou88
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Several things about this thread.

1. A Japanese setting in AC3 would be interesting.
2. We don't need a love story.
3. Turning the game into an RPG would kill what I like about AC. Not to say I don't like RPG's but AC doesn't need to be one.
4. Having to switch outfits between hi and low profile would be extremely annoying.
5. A female Protagonist is quite acceptable as long as she's covered just like Altair and Ezio are. If she's wearing skimpy clothes it just kills the vibe.

6. What a bunch of ignorant sexists we have here. Scientifically Men have the possibility to get stronger than Women, but this is only if the man looks like Arnold in his hay days. If we're talking about in the terms of a fighter, woman can be just as strong as men. The main thing about being an assassin is not being strong, its about being stealthy and fast. Something women can do better than men, typically because they're smaller. Get your head out of your *** and stop being sexist.

edbeano
10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
@Tetsou88, I agree with you on most points, but dont you think the 'economic system' in AC2 will add a little element of RPG? Turning AC3 into a turn-based attack system would be a little far, but if it had a similar system to AC2 I think it might just work.

Lady Ninja Japanese Assassinations... Bring it on!

Tetsou88
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by edbeano:
@Tetsou88, I agree with you on most points, but dont you think the 'economic system' in AC2 will add a little element of RPG? Turning AC3 into a turn-based attack system would be a little far, but if it had a similar system to AC2 I think it might just work.

Lady Ninja Japanese Assassinations... Bring it on!

I wouldn't necessarily say adding an economic system is an RPG element technically Grand Theft Auto has always had an economic system and besides San Andreas didn't really have RPG elements. As long as they don't make combat based off your stats and they don't make me level up to face certain enemies I'd be okay with it.

I guess to summarize, I don't want my weapons do to little damage or miss just because I haven't leveled certain stats.

edbeano
10-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Tetsou88:
I guess to summarize, I don't want my weapons do to little damage or miss just because I haven't leveled certain stats.

True dat!

Davidsanfi
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
if ac3 is in ww2 or you play as woman i will not buy it. that would definitely ruin it all. if anything in the next one you should play as desmond the whole time. that would be awesome. but screw the ww2 thing and playing as a woman just wouldnt be the same.

lordegern
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
First of all i have to be honest that i do think a woman can do the stealth and assassination but then think of a suddenly mistake and woops!...every guard in the city is chasing you. I know it sounds unrealistic and that a man wouldn't be a lot better in THAT situation but in a fight i think a man really has the more fighting skill and maybe a better endurance/stamina. And if the woman gets hit she would probably scream so loud that even more guards are coming and of course i don't think she would be able to actually handle all the pain. This is most of all a personal guess but a really good one i think.

thekyle0
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
The debate over which gender makes better assassins has happended before. If this goes the same way as last time, it's not going to end well.

Realjambo
10-16-2009, 03:17 PM
*Yawn*

keepth3beat
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by lordegern:
And if the woman gets hit she would probably scream so loud that even more guards are coming and of course i don't think she would be able to actually handle all the pain. This is most of all a personal guess but a really good one i think.

Really? Really?

Pushing aside the obvious stab at your intelligence, I'll be diplomatic:

It's proven that women have a higher pain threshold than men, considering women have certain circumstances in their lives that require them to live in a state of pain frequently. This includes the (get your giggles out, because we're all 14!) menstrual cycle, *and* pregnancy/labor~!

As for screaming like a little girl whenever women are touched, men scream just as much like little girls. All you need is a little mental conditioning to break that habit. Men get that automatically with what society expects out of them.

And actually, I'm pretty sure that Altair cries out when he gets hit.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT Haha, and now I see your post count. Never mind, have fun trolling.

Tetsou88
10-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by lordegern:
First of all i have to be honest that i do think a woman can do the stealth and assassination but then think of a suddenly mistake and woops!...every guard in the city is chasing you. I know it sounds unrealistic and that a man wouldn't be a lot better in THAT situation but in a fight i think a man really has the more fighting skill and maybe a better endurance/stamina. And if the woman gets hit she would probably scream so loud that even more guards are coming and of course i don't think she would be able to actually handle all the pain. This is most of all a personal guess but a really good one i think.

The main thing I find funny about people with comments like yours is that your most likely under the age of 15 and or have a huge ego.

With any amount of training a woman can be just as good as a man. Just because woman are typically viewed as not being the fighters doesn't mean they're not capable.

Half of you fail to realize women in general can handle pain better then man just because they have to go through child birth.

It all comes down to training.

Realjambo
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Topic Closed.