PDA

View Full Version : Decent UK servers

Schwarz.13
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Everytime i log onto HL in the evenings (weekdays) i can't seem to find any decent and busy UK servers (or Euro ones with good ping)!

Can any of the UK players recommend some good servers (preferably with historical planesets, western front maps and external views off/map icons on)?

BTW before you mention UK Dedicated - i don't like UK Dedicated 1 and the other two never seem to have anyone on them weekday evenings...

WOLFMondo
04-03-2008, 04:49 AM
There isn't any! Your best bet for what you want is Warclouds. Its in the US but from the UK you can get a ping of 100 or there abouts.

I'm pretty sure a few of the automated co-op servers on HL are Europe based but the maps are mixed but historical.

I might be wrong though.

Xiolablu3
04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Warclouds has exactly the same late war planeset for every map, UKded3 has everything Warclouds has except you get the variety of the whole planeset and maps. Not the same over and over.

I like the other Warclouds server which has all years on it however. Far better than the other one.

Omg is my favourite server dying?

Ukded2 used to be full every night.

I guess the 'Skies Of...' servers that set up with exactly the same settings took a lot of the players away. But I here the maps/planesets are nowhere near as good, why they are full and Ukded2 isnt, I dont know, maybe ping?

Ukded2 has the best missions/maps/planesets I have found on any server, its a shame if there arent many players on these days..

Look at these beauties :-

http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentre/forumdisplay.php?f=70

In fact I'm going to play on Uk2 tonight, you have convinced me...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What time do you play Schwarz? UKtime?

flyingloon
04-03-2008, 06:14 AM
ukded 2 isn't exactly full to the brim but there are usually enough people to make it amusing. numbers have fluctuated wildly over the last few weeks, some evenings it's been 14-15 a side, others it's more like 4... usually depends what map is on. it does seem to get busier after about 8pm gmt, which is a shame cos that's usually when i'm eating...
and yeah as xio says, planesets, missions and maps are a definite attaraction that the server has, as well as the apparently rare combo of locked pit and external views. the TS server is also pretty useful although not that heavily used...

steiner562
04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Wings over Europe is another I would recomend,similar settings to warclouds(has eastern based planesets also though),while not a UK server I'm based in Ireland and get no lag from WOE or warclouds for that matter.

Manu-6S
04-03-2008, 07:06 AM
http://by.sturmovik.de/

Great servers... the "problem" is the 2 kia limit and noobs are kicked.

il2kid
04-03-2008, 08:32 AM
can you tell me how to work these lobbys. im lost http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

i wanna go online coz all the single player missions get boring after a while (as in around 3 missions)

ill see you o the server (and probably get pwned by you coz im still a noob)

and does having forgotten battles affect anything?

flyingloon
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by il2kid:
can you tell me how to work these lobbys. im lost http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

i wanna go online coz all the single player missions get boring after a while (as in around 3 missions)

ill see you o the server (and probably get pwned by you coz im still a noob)

and does having forgotten battles affect anything?
what version of the game have you got? if it's anything other than il-2 1946 v4.08 you'll probably encounter some trouble finding servers... from the sound of it you are on forgotten battles and a version below 4.08, i'd suggest either patchin it to 4.04 (think there are still some servers around for that) or just buying 1946 - actually, just buy 1946 it's by far the better option.

il2kid
04-03-2008, 11:51 AM
yea youre right.

ive got v1.22 (i cant find the patches) of forgotten battles

its by bday soon, i might get it then.

if i created a server, could people with higher versions join? or is it two way?

thanks

Manu-6S
04-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by il2kid:
if i created a server, could people with higher versions join? or is it two way?

No Way!!!

paddyjed
04-04-2008, 06:01 AM
UK3 is the place to be....not everyone joins thro hyperlobby so it may have more in it than it appears....teamwork is very much to the fore here so id recommend joining their TS server....they are a great bunch of guys who can have a laugh while taking it seriously...not for the stat jockeys this one...it takes patience and teamwork here....best time around 7.30pm UK time

Schwarz.13
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
What time do you play Schwarz? UKtime?

Sorry Xiolablu3 - i started this thread then had to leave town for a few days.

Well, i can play Sun-Wed nights from about 9.30pm but at the moment i don't really play online much at all specifically because i haven't found a good server - so i just end up playing offline.

Originally posted by paddyjed:
UK3 is the place to be....not everyone joins thro hyperlobby so it may have more in it than it appears....

I didn't realize that HL only shows players on a server that are connected via HL! Thanks. Might have to install All-Seeing Eye...

VonTonar
04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I agree with the UKded3 suggestion, very objective based and great teamwork.

Lt_Letum
04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
yup, UK3, variety and good players.

Billy_DeLyon
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
+1 recommending UKD3

Originally posted by paddyjed:
....they are a great bunch of guys who can have a laugh while taking it seriously...

I'd say UKD3 is among the top servers based strictly on the planesets, maps, difficulty settings etc... but it's the regulars there that really make it stand out. To me it just seems like they've got the right mix of knowing what should be taken seriously, and what shouldn't. Good times there.