PDA

View Full Version : Is There an IL2 Compare Like Utility for Jets?

ytareh
07-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Im 80% plus into WW2 and IL2 but like the odd bit of post WW2 combat flight simming...Is there a utility like IL2 Compare for post war/modern planes?Thanks

ytareh
07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
No?

AndyJWest
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
IL-2 Compare gives data for the simulated aircraft, not the real ones, and how close they are is a topic of endless debate. If you want data for a particular post WWII sim, I'd look in the relevant forums, you might find something, though I suspect not as comprehensive as IL-2 Compare.

If you want performance details for the actual aircraft, bear in mind that (a) you'd probably need a fair bit of technical knowledge to understand anything that gave enough detail to be meaningful (I get lost when they start using 'doghouse' graphs...), and (b) performance details for modern military aircraft are probably classified.

There is probably something out there that gives a rough guide to actual performance of the aircraft you are interested in: As for where you'd find it, I wouldn't like to guess, though you could try Googling something like 'Performance Mig-23 F16' to compare two particular aircraft - this particular search threw up 11,700 references, and some looked as if they might be informative.

If you do find a general comparison that goes into enough detail to be useful, I'd be interested to see it.