PDA

View Full Version : Acheat? a HAck? wazzap?

Daiichidoku
01-06-2005, 02:11 PM
A few weeks ago I was in a DF server, and was surprised to see a player with a B-17G....

Surprised, because I usually see what types are available to me before I start

(and I also read any rules or comments posted on the base select screen, befor eI jump in...why do SO few ppl do that? very frustrating)

I thought I missed it, so I went back to ac selection, and found no AI types available....

So I thought AI must be available to other bases than the one I was using....I checked every base in the map, and there was not one AI type for use

Meanwhile, this one guy started to show off...saw him flying Me 323, C- 47, Ju52 3M, etc

It was NOT the host, either, he was just as mystified

Anyone know about this or ever seen the like before?

Daiichidoku
01-06-2005, 02:11 PM
A few weeks ago I was in a DF server, and was surprised to see a player with a B-17G....

Surprised, because I usually see what types are available to me before I start

(and I also read any rules or comments posted on the base select screen, befor eI jump in...why do SO few ppl do that? very frustrating)

I thought I missed it, so I went back to ac selection, and found no AI types available....

So I thought AI must be available to other bases than the one I was using....I checked every base in the map, and there was not one AI type for use

Meanwhile, this one guy started to show off...saw him flying Me 323, C- 47, Ju52 3M, etc

It was NOT the host, either, he was just as mystified

Anyone know about this or ever seen the like before?

pourshot
01-06-2005, 02:26 PM
It's not a bug or cheat anyone can do it but you have to fly externaly. I dont know how it's done but someone will chime in soon to show you.

T_O_A_D
01-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Yep heard of it. But it was several patches ago. I thought it had been addressed, Guess not???

T_O_A_D
01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
To do that, the mission has to show the plane as a choice. You can't choose one though until you spawn a normal flyable. Then you got back to aircraft screen and choose a AI aircraft, that you fly externally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pourshot:
It's not a bug or cheat anyone can do it but you have to fly externaly. I dont know how it's done but someone will chime in soon to show you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daiichidoku
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok, I cant actually reemember if it was 302 or 303 patch...but one of those

And the thing was, one could NOT select an AI type...I have flown them before, and know the drill....there were NO AI types listed for any of the bases on the map....and I checked after I was already flying my Jug

This guy was somehow able to take AI types when no-one else in the server, host included, was able to

T_O_A_D
01-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Make sure of the version, then get with the host, get the mission, and if you can catch the guy again save a track of the mission and send it to Oleg.

jetsetsam
01-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Try asking him in a post on Hyperlobby.

If he's goofy enough to do what you've described, when he could be doing it legit on servers that are set up to fly AI planes, he just might respond to your question.

GT182
01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
I order to fly the B17 externally you have to select and US a/c like the P51 first. Hit ESP and then Refly, then select the B17 if it's in the list for DF. We never tried it on Co-Op missions tho.

Atomic_Marten
01-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Interesting. If externals were enabled, then you should have track him.. from what point he is taking off (assuming that he is not starting in air http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

I haven't heard of anything like that. But it's hardly a cheat IMO. That would be, if he managed somehow to enable cockpit off view on nonflyables. AFAIK, that is not possible.

Like T_O_A_D says, with track we can all see that wonderman in action. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daiichidoku
01-06-2005, 08:25 PM
I know the host, and remember some of the other flyers there....but not the "culprits" name...I will ask around and see if anyone remembers his name

I was kinda busy fighting, as well, so I cant actually remember if he was airstarting or not...

And it was an arcade server, ext views etc....didnt occur to me to do a track DUH!

Wish I could remeember the name of the guy...it was a "silly" kinda name, spoofish.....hmmm

Tully__
01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
It used to be possible only in servers that didn't have a limited plane set to fly any AI aircraft by editing your settings.ini file in your Users/pilot folder. I don't know if it's still possible, but if it is look for this section:

[net]
regiment=g01
airclass=Fw-190D-9
squadron=0
tacticalnumber=27
numberOn=1

The line "airclass=Fw-190D-9" is a record of the last aircraft you chose in DF mode. If it's available in the current server you'll default to the same aircraft. If the server hasn't restricted aircraft choice you can edit this to put in an AI plane spec. Provided you don't enter the aircraft choice screen after choosing a base, on servers with no aircraft restriction this would put you in that type AI aircraft when you spawned.

With the requirement to fly a non-AI aircraft first it may be that this is no longer possible, however you may be able to get around that by Alt-Tabbing to desktop and editing your settings.ini after flying a flyable aircraft. I haven't tested.

If the base from which this pilot was flying did have a restricted aircraft list, I've no idea what might have been going on.