PDA

View Full Version : Best 109 for dogfighting?

blankenship
03-25-2005, 12:34 PM
What do you think?

VW-IceFire
03-25-2005, 12:38 PM
The 109G-2. Best weight, power, and firepower tradeoffs in its class for close in fighting.

The F-2 and F-4 are also quite good. Other variants are heavier and less adept at close in dogfighting.

murewa
03-25-2005, 02:23 PM
yes, definately G-2

though the G-10 and G-14 are pretty good too.

Stiglr
03-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I'd say G2 over the Fs, because the Fs have that inexplicable "Oleg Banana Peel Snapstall" that I can't ever seem to trim out. With a little nose heavy trim, this pretty much disappears from the G2.

Capt._Tenneal
03-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Oleg says : " G-2 is new best ! " http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Atomic_Marten
03-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Bf109K4.

JunkoIfurita
03-25-2005, 06:44 PM
You're kidding, right, Marten?

I'd probably put my money on the G-2 - turns like the F's, but doesn't have the peashooters in the nose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(referring specifically to the F2, here.)

Edit: I mean, we're all assuming that by 'dogfighting' he means Turn & Burn fighting over Boom & Zoom. I mean, best all 109 for shooting planes down would probably be the G-10 with that big mutha 109 Nose Cannon (or as Marten said, the K4). But don't try and turnfight in it or you'll end up in tears.

----

blankenship
03-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks all.

Von_Rat
03-25-2005, 07:37 PM
109g6as, turns almost as good as g2 but has 30mm.

Blackdog5555
03-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Gunther Rall favorite was the F2..he should know.

ednavar
03-26-2005, 04:00 AM
You should put cockpit visibility in the trade off too. I'll favour Fs on that compartment: G2s with that armor plate just on the back of your head make quite difficult to check your rear arc.

S!

3.JG51_BigBear
03-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Have to agree with EdNavar. The F4 is close enough to the G-2 in performance that when the better rearward visbility is taken into consideration, it makes for a more survivable plane.

Atomic_Marten
03-26-2005, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JunkoIfurita:
You're kidding, right, Marten?

I'd probably put my money on the G-2 - turns like the F's, but doesn't have the peashooters in the nose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(referring specifically to the F2, here.)

Edit: I mean, we're all assuming that by 'dogfighting' he means Turn & Burn fighting over Boom & Zoom. I mean, best all 109 for shooting planes down would probably be the G-10 with that big mutha 109 Nose Cannon (or as Marten said, the K4). But don't try and turnfight in it or you'll end up in tears.

---- <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm deadly serious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. K4 IMHO..

Even for tnb. That baby has enormous energy that you can simply defeat almost any other fighter in tnb.

No, seriously why I didnt said G2? That is fine machine too (enormous deck speed acceleration and turn time), and if you take historic oppo planeset vs. G2, G2 have advantage on them (year 42 some of them will said G2 is from y'43 ac, but..).

I have learn from my experience that fighter with more energy wins (that goes for tnb also). That fact proves online non-stop. So.. my vote goes to K4 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Few days ago I was dogfighting Tchaika in Gladiator online. Guy was pretty good in I153 but eventually I drag him into pure level tnb and shot him (only fuel leak). He realized he cant touch me in tnb so he start to climb and his alt vary in his tnb circles (climbs and stuff).. I have quickly realized that he will soon end up above me on my tail eventually.. and he did. We made turn or two (he give me a good burst in tail..). But fortunately for me he run outta fuel and crash landed.

Also take note that poster didnt said "which Messerschmitt has tighest turn of them all" just which oone is best for fighting with other enemy aircraft (dogfight).

Buzzsaw-
03-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Salute

Because the 109G2's zero throttle level stall speed is 120-130kph instead of the actual historical stall of 155kph, it stalls at a lower speed than the 109F's, despite the fact that it is 400 kgs heavier.

So instead of the F4 being the best dogfighter as it was historically, the G2 is.

And of course, the later 109's also stall at the same speed as the F's, instead of at 170kph as they should. The K4 at 600 kgs heavier than the F4, and with far higher wingloading, stalls at nearly the same speed.

The G and later 109's are the most overmodelled aircraft in the game in their low speed handling. If they were modelled correctly and the F's were left as they are, then the F's would be the best dogfighters as all the Luftwaffe pilots reported.

GR142_Astro
03-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Have to agree completely Buzzsaw.

The 109 series from G2 on needs a serious rework from the standpoint of low-speed handling. Really a shame, in an otherwise great sim.

Fritzofn
03-27-2005, 05:53 AM
it really depends on the situation, i have found out that a slow 109 like the Emil, is great fun, and can supprise a enemy quite alot, if ur good at the canon aim

RxMan
03-27-2005, 07:48 AM
The new FM should be very interesting regarding this.

Atomic_Marten
03-27-2005, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RxMan:
The new FM should be very interesting regarding this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm looking forward to see that ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

crazyivan1970
03-27-2005, 11:23 AM
G6/AS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And yes, new FM will be very interesting

Bull_dog_
03-27-2005, 02:17 PM
My hope is that the new fm will increase the differentiating amongst aircraft in the dive.

Not many threads these days on it, and there are some differences in dive, but it never seems to quite match up to what I'd expect based on what I read so here's to hoping that heavy planes get a boost in dive performance when they point their nose earthwards!

Atomic_Marten
03-27-2005, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bull_dog_:
My hope is that the new fm will increase the differentiating amongst aircraft in the dive.

Not many threads these days on it, and there are some differences in dive, but it never seems to quite match up to what I'd expect based on what I read so here's to hoping that heavy planes get a boost in dive performance when they point their nose earthwards! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although differences are noticeable, I think that you are right..

nearmiss
03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Hang the gun pods on the G and you've got a tank.

The F should be better dogfighter, but it isn't in this sim.

I prefer to address ability in time frames. The G was in production later so you shouldn't be thinking G until 1943 conflicts.

The K is late war and shouldn't be compared to earlier models.

I don't fly online, so I couldn't tell you squat about best online fighters. If you're flying Ks against early war fighters...I'd say STARWARS

gates123
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
The F-4 flys circles around a G-2 if flown right, at least from an online prospective. The F-2 can turn inside an F-4 but not by much.