PDA

View Full Version : No yaw section in inputs after re-insatalling

jessi1
05-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Anyone know why after i re-installed my game and patched it to the right patches i dont have a yaw section under my inputs, only pitch and roll, i had a ch stick setup and combined the stick and my ch peddals but decided to switch back to my saitek evo stick and then i re-installed my game and now theres no yaw section. anyone no what happened and how to fix it. Also my stick is now controller id2 and 1x1 is roll and 1y1 is pitch, it seems like it should be the opposite am i right(i read tullys joystick setup).

jessi1
05-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Anyone know why after i re-installed my game and patched it to the right patches i dont have a yaw section under my inputs, only pitch and roll, i had a ch stick setup and combined the stick and my ch peddals but decided to switch back to my saitek evo stick and then i re-installed my game and now theres no yaw section. anyone no what happened and how to fix it. Also my stick is now controller id2 and 1x1 is roll and 1y1 is pitch, it seems like it should be the opposite am i right(i read tullys joystick setup).

Freelancer-1
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi jessi1, where have you been the last few days. I always like to pop on an see what question you have for us next. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

What probably happenned is that your operating system(I'll assume Win XP) is defaulting your pedals to ID1. It's annoying, but a fact of life.

Simply start the game, go to controls, scroll down to the HOTAS section and map the axises correctly for each controller. If the input seems backwards then re-map it moving the axis in the opposite direction. It may take some futzing around but you will do it eventually.

Good luck, Freelancer

jessi1
05-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks free but i have been away for the weekend and couldnt post any questions, but i will i promise, thanks for the advice, i did what you said for the peddals in the hotas but it doesnt show the slot in the input section, its ok tho because i still have use of them it just doesnt show the slot for it, stay tuned for more questions, see ya mate

steve_v
05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

Tully__
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
x for roll & y for pitch is normal.

If your stick is ID#2 and the pedals ID#1, the red/green squares in the ingame setup screen should be responding to pedal movement.... correct?

If you've read my article, you'll see in the section near the bottom about multiple controllers that:
a. Only the ID#1 controller will register in the ingame setup screen, regardless of which controller is actually assigned as primary flight controls in the HOTAS CONTROL section of the controls screen; &
b. You can adjust the sensitivity of any controller recognised by the game by editing the conf.ini file, regardless of whether that controller appears in the ingame sensitivity setup or not.