PDA

View Full Version : @ UbiRazz again

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey UbiRazz
Sorry that my last thread got out of control for you. That was not my intent. Some people tend to be a little bit silly some times. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, since the dev team is permited to speak to us here in this forum why have they not?

What is so top secret about patch 1.3? Are they going to fix it or are they coming out with patch 1.4 and forgetting about 1.3?

Why is it that we are always kept in the dark on things and never given any news on whats happening?

Thanks UbiRazz for your help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/9361/mesub6qj.jpg

InfectiousDust
06-10-2005, 01:51 AM
He already explained in your last thread before he locked it. I say quit the pestering, because it won't help any, and let the dev team get the job done. If Ubirazz gave out information, everyone here would hold it to him. We already know that patches sometimes have some unexpected results, and aside from that, nothing is set in stone. The patch is constantly being worked on, so things change. There's nothing else to tell, except that a patch is coming. Be happy.

Soulcommander
06-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by InfectiousDust:
He already explained in your last thread before he locked it. I say quit the pestering, because it won't help any, and let the dev team get the job done. If Ubirazz gave out information, everyone here would hold it to him. We already know that patches sometimes have some unexpected results, and aside from that, nothing is set in stone. The patch is constantly being worked on, so things change. There's nothing else to tell, except that a patch is coming. Be happy.
Yeah I hear your frustrations when it comes to the dev team. But don't worry be happy! All the kinks will get worked out Im sure. What is it thats bothering you about the game? besides the 1.3 patch goof up.?

Gbucket
06-10-2005, 05:33 AM
As I said in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/2451041523),
the devteam are still working on fixes for Silent Hunter III so you can be sure that 1.3 isn't the last patch
and

Silent Hunter III, the news for the patch is that the patch is in development, when we get closer to release and completion of the patch we will release information. It's got nothing to do with telling people to be quiet or anything, it's about releasing solid information. Would you prefer us to send out a statement saying X, Y, and Z will be in the next patch and then have two of those things dropped for A, B, and C? No, you'd be disappointed. In these cases it's often best not to say anything at all.

Faamecanic
06-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Bob..Im just as impatient as you. But I have learned that when devs say "it will be out when its ready" means "Oh **** there are a lot of bugs (exsisting) and a lot of bugs that could be generated by the new patch".

I say as long as they fix the lions share of bugs, I'll accept the "when its done" line.

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
OK, I give up! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif If we must remain in the dark then so be it. Ive learned my lesson on this one!
I have always believed in GOOD customer service and keeping an open dialog with my customers! The lack of info is my one and only complaint. Outside of that this forum is great and SH3 is the best game I have ever played! And I'm not impaitent concerning the time it take to get these patches out. I'm simply not happy with the lack of info. Just some news updates and some comments on how things are going from the dev team. And I'm not asking for a 100 page essay, just some short and sweet comments about things from time to time. Just a LITTLE open dialog thats all. You know, comunication! But, if I was trying to hide something or somethings then I would be quiet to I guess. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yay! Rack one up for customer service! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

.......BobV_07 walks away very disapionted!!!!!

Antrodemus
06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I have learned that when devs say "it will be out when its ready" means "Oh **** there are a lot of bugs (exsisting) and a lot of bugs that could be generated by the new patch".

...or, it could mean, "Remember the last time we gave the buggers a solid date? Friggin' forum armageddon erupted when the patch arrived on the FTP server 2.67 minutes late".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A.

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Antrodemus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have learned that when devs say "it will be out when its ready" means "Oh **** there are a lot of bugs (exsisting) and a lot of bugs that could be generated by the new patch".

...or, it could mean, "Remember the last time we gave the buggers a solid date? Friggin' forum armageddon erupted when the patch arrived on the FTP server 2.67 minutes late".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, true!

Nukem_Hicks
06-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm going to have to side with Bob on this one. The DD spawn bug and the WO/SO bug have crippled this game on higher realism settings. Unfortunately, the fix for the former causes the latter. I believe most of us are simply asking that the dev team create a quick-fix for the latter bug or at least notify us as to whether such a fix is being created or not. Stating that "there will be patches released at some point in the future" is insufficient given the serious flaws that have tended to accompany the previous patches.

Gbucket
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Patch 1.3 broke things and yet you'd like a quick hack released to fix these things and probably break more things in the process? Surely you'd prefer a good patch which fixes the things 1.3 broke, fixes other things, and is properly tested (and not rushed out) and doesn't break anything else?

Of course this will result in the default cry of "Yes, we want the latter patch, but FASTER!"

Nukem_Hicks
06-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Patch 1.3 broke things and yet you'd like a quick hack released to fix these things and probably break more things in the process? Surely you'd prefer a good patch which fixes the things 1.3 broke, fixes other things, and is properly tested (and not rushed out) and doesn't break anything else?

Of course this will result in the default cry of "Yes, we want the latter patch, but FASTER!"

LOL...please don't get up in arms. I intended no offense. It just seems that getting the sonarman to speak again is a rather simple job that could be implemented without involving too many of the other components of the game, thus preventing a 1.31 fix that would create more flaws. I and many other gamers would be perfectly satisfied with simply having the sonarman speak again rather than another full-blown patch. We appreciate that the dev team is going out of its way to produce v1.4 but given the game-crippling nature of the SO bug in v1.3 on higher realism levels, we were hoping that this problem could be fixed quickly, given that it was not a problem in the original release of the game. Obviously the vast majority of us are not game developers and do not understand many of the intricacies of such an undertaking and could be mistaken in assuming that the sonarman fix would be a relatively quick job. If this is the case, a simple "The sonarman bug is of a complex nature and will require some time to remedy" would suffice rather than leaving us in the dark with a "It will be done when it is done" in response to all of our queries.

Gbucket
06-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Everytime we release a patch we want to make sure it helps you guys as much as possible, as you can see with 1.3 the game is quite a complex thing - fix one thing and other things, unfortunately, happen. If there was a 'quick fix' for the sonarman it would have to be fully tested to ensure that it doesn't break anything else, all that time going into a small fix would be better spent making a patch which fixes more things really.

Mylo42
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Razz,

I haven't heard anybody yell "Faster, faster !" (other than perhaps the sonar guy thing) Some guys are looking for some sort of release date, others know that giving that date is NOT in the best interest of the game or community. We just want to "be in the loop". If that means telling us, "We are still very busy working on the 1.4 patch" once in a while with maybe a little progress update, I'm sure that will appease many of us. In any case, don't get frustrated with the SHIII community. We are avid sub nuts that just want this game to be a true masterpiece. Should patch 1.4 do some great things, expect grand kudos (not to mention tons of cash shelled out for an expansion pack). I'm sure I speak for the majority of the SHIII community when I say, take your time with the patch to make it good.

Thanks for your response on this thread.

Nukem_Hicks
06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by UbiRazz:
Everytime we release a patch we want to make sure it helps you guys as much as possible, as you can see with 1.3 the game is quite a complex thing - fix one thing and other things, unfortunately, happen. If there was a 'quick fix' for the sonarman it would have to be fully tested to ensure that it doesn't break anything else, all that time going into a small fix would be better spent making a patch which fixes more things really.

I appreciate your candor in the matter. I can appreciate a company spending time on a project to make sure that it is above par. Thanks for the response. You'll hear no more complaints from me.

Gbucket
06-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Mylo42, you have to appreciate that things change often and regularly in such an enviroment. One week we'll have A, B, C, and D ready for the patch, next week we've scrapped B and C and introduced E, then the next week we've scrapped E and put B back in, that sort of thing. That can lead to very confusing messages for people so we only try to commit to things we're sure about.

TXVanguard
06-10-2005, 02:42 PM
UbiRazz,

Perhaps so many people are upset about the Dev Team's silence regarding SH III updates because the latter seem to have been much more communicative during the initial product development phase than they are now.

The SH III home page shows FAQs, Q&As, and Live Chats with the Dev Team before SH III was released. Now, however, they seem to have gone incommunicado. I understand Ubisoft's position on releasing information, but it does appear that an about-face has taken place regarding the release of information, and I can therefore understand everyone's frustration.

InfectiousDust
06-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Has it occured to anyone that maybe the dev teams have other pressing matters to attend to, other than SH3? Since SH3 has been released, I'm sure the majority of the team has moved on to different projects. You can't expect the team to be making updates and changes with the same voracity as they did when SH3 was just released. Ubisoft is a large company, and as such, they have a lot of things on the go. Most of the copies of SH3 that were going to be sold, have already been sold. They would be wise to shift productivity to other products now. I'm not saying that I don't want a 1.4 patch, in fact I really REALLY do want one, but I'm also not going to get myself worked up over the subject. I'm not expecting the speed and intensity of patch releases that Ubi demonstrated in the first couple of weeks after release, for the above reasons.

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Nukem_Hicks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbiRazz:

LOL...please don't get up in arms. I intended no offense. It just seems that getting the sonarman to speak again is a rather simple job that could be implemented without involving too many of the other components of the game, thus preventing a 1.31 fix that would create more flaws. I and many other gamers would be perfectly satisfied with simply having the sonarman speak again rather than another full-blown patch. We appreciate that the dev team is going out of its way to produce v1.4 but given the game-crippling nature of the SO bug in v1.3 on higher realism levels, we were hoping that this problem could be fixed quickly, given that it was not a problem in the original release of the game. Obviously the vast majority of us are not game developers and do not understand many of the intricacies of such an undertaking and could be mistaken in assuming that the sonarman fix would be a relatively quick job. If this is the case, a simple "The sonarman bug is of a complex nature and will require some time to remedy" would suffice rather than leaving us in the dark with a "It will be done when it is done" in response to all of our queries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Mylo42:
Razz,

I haven't heard anybody yell "Faster, faster !" (other than perhaps the sonar guy thing) Some guys are looking for some sort of release date, others know that giving that date is NOT in the best interest of the game or community. We just want to "be in the loop". If that means telling us, "We are still very busy working on the 1.4 patch" once in a while with maybe a little progress update, I'm sure that will appease many of us. In any case, don't get frustrated with the SHIII community. We are avid sub nuts that just want this game to be a true masterpiece. Should patch 1.4 do some great things, expect grand kudos (not to mention tons of cash shelled out for an expansion pack). I'm sure I speak for the majority of the SHIII community when I say, take your time with the patch to make it good.

Thanks for your response on this thread.

Well said also!

BobV_07
06-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by InfectiousDust:
Has it occured to anyone that maybe the dev teams have other pressing matters to attend to, other than SH3? Since SH3 has been released, I'm sure the majority of the team has moved on to different projects. You can't expect the team to be making updates and changes with the same voracity as they did when SH3 was just released. Ubisoft is a large company, and as such, they have a lot of things on the go. Most of the copies of SH3 that were going to be sold, have already been sold. They would be wise to shift productivity to other products now. I'm not saying that I don't want a 1.4 patch, in fact I really REALLY do want one, but I'm also not going to get myself worked up over the subject. I'm not expecting the speed and intensity of patch releases that Ubi demonstrated in the first couple of weeks after release, for the above reasons.

Well, this could all be very true but since we have not heard one thing from them on anything this is just pure speculation! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Night_Crawler
06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Take your time Razz, test it out, than release the new patch

GT182
06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I agree with Night_Crawler, take your time and do it right. So waht if it take a month or more. Most here have gone back to 1.1 or 1.2, so no big deal.

As for me I'm still using 1.3 and I don't find it all that bad not having my sonarman tell me of a contact. I watch the nav map and keep a close eye on things with the attack scope. Besides, he can't let you know what's going on if your're running on the surface or being attacked from above.