PDA

View Full Version : Ehh? Am I missing something?

Maverick_MW
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Hello, I'm a long time lurker, but something has been bothering me of late.

I've been looking through all the screenshots in the screenshot competition, and one thing seems very strange - the pictures have ground crews, gun crews in them. I mean actual PEOPLE.

This might not seem odd to you, I guess, as its part of the game. However, in my game I never remember ever seeing any actual people or anything manning the guns, its just a gun firing by itself. There are the pilots of course, but nothing else...

I had always thought this was what it was supposed to be like until I saw these screenies. So, does anyone know what could be wrong? Is there some super-secret setting in the conf.ini file I need to turn on or something?

Thanks!

Maverick_MW
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Hello, I'm a long time lurker, but something has been bothering me of late.

I've been looking through all the screenshots in the screenshot competition, and one thing seems very strange - the pictures have ground crews, gun crews in them. I mean actual PEOPLE.

This might not seem odd to you, I guess, as its part of the game. However, in my game I never remember ever seeing any actual people or anything manning the guns, its just a gun firing by itself. There are the pilots of course, but nothing else...

I had always thought this was what it was supposed to be like until I saw these screenies. So, does anyone know what could be wrong? Is there some super-secret setting in the conf.ini file I need to turn on or something?

Thanks!

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
09-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the boards.

The simple answer is yes its a setting in the Conf.ini file in your ubi directory for il2 but for the life of me I have forgoton what its called.

however fear not I am sure one of our regulars will pop in here and tell you what the setting is called post haste

something like 3d gunners but you will need a higher end machine to get decent frame rates with them enabled http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually If I recall correctly there is a section in the manual for pacific fighters that tells you how you enable them.

Low_Flyer_MkII
09-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Have you got Pacific Fighters?
If so find 3dgunners in your Config file and set to "=1". (reset to "=0" if frame rates hit too much - not much difference on my paltry rig, so give it a go)
Note: This will only add gunners to objects modelled after FB.

Hope it helps.

FoolTrottel
09-05-2005, 04:48 PM
If you can't find that line in conf.ini, just add it under the [game] section.

Here's an example: (The bold part is the essential part http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif )

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6848958
mapPadY=-0.060185187
viewSet=38
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=1
SubTitlesLines=3
NoLensFlare=1

Have Fun!

JR_Greenhorn
09-05-2005, 10:30 PM
And to think it's been in the PF Readme all this time...

ploughman
09-06-2005, 01:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And to think it's been in the PF Readme all this time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real men don't read the instructions before operating the technology. You know that. Repent.

Maverick_MW
09-06-2005, 04:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ploughman:
Real men don't read the instructions before operating the technology. You know that. Repent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha yeah, thats very true. I've only ever read the manual once, and that was only the Mission Builder part.

Well thanks everyone for the information! I do have PF so it should work, I'll give it a try as soon as I get home!

Ta ta!