PDA

View Full Version : problems taking-off the P-40 in the pearl harbour missions

RIO_66
10-24-2004, 03:56 PM
hi there!

is the engine torque finally back?
i really had a hard time taking off in the P-40 in the hawain missions that come with PF.
when i start rolling (even when very carful on the throttle) the aircraft starts to jump arround and from side to side (just like rolling - but no way to compensate since too slow on airspeed).
after some time (and off the runway) the nose comes into flight attitude, but then falls down and the a/c turns over.
i tried applying full pwr and stay on the brakes, i tried applying power bit by bit slowly, but the result was always the same - crash while T-O.
i mean i thaught i could take off, at least in IL-2, FB and AEP, but this jumping on the T-O-run makes it impossible to get airborne.

any suggestions?

RIO

RIO_66
10-24-2004, 03:56 PM
hi there!

is the engine torque finally back?
i really had a hard time taking off in the P-40 in the hawain missions that come with PF.
when i start rolling (even when very carful on the throttle) the aircraft starts to jump arround and from side to side (just like rolling - but no way to compensate since too slow on airspeed).
after some time (and off the runway) the nose comes into flight attitude, but then falls down and the a/c turns over.
i tried applying full pwr and stay on the brakes, i tried applying power bit by bit slowly, but the result was always the same - crash while T-O.
i mean i thaught i could take off, at least in IL-2, FB and AEP, but this jumping on the T-O-run makes it impossible to get airborne.

any suggestions?

RIO

Marek_Steele
10-24-2004, 06:03 PM
There's only one part in the middle of the track that seems completely shreded altough textures don't match that (bombing maybe), go very slow there and only throttle up in the end of the track.

JohnnyRook
10-25-2004, 05:25 AM
planes in PF are more 'tailheavy', use more forward stick, the problem is the P40 wants to fly before having enough speed!

good luck!

Johnny Rook

Jumoschwanz
10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
You just need to practice RIO. I don't have any problems taking off in PF.

If anything the torque from the engine in this sim should be a lot more noticeable.

My friend Pete Amsler, a WWII flying vet in bombers and fighters, said a lot of pilots in WWII were killed on take-off. He said if they wacked the throttle on too much, even after the plane had speed and the wheels were off the ground the engine torque would roll the plane upside down and that would be it. He also said often he had to use full rudder and stick to keep the fighters straightened out on take-off.

Sounds like we have it easy to me because I can engage full throttle very quickly and early in most take-offs as long as I am not trying to turn the plane on the ground at the same time. And once the planes in this sim are in the air at all full throttle is no problem at all. S!

Jumoschwanz

RIO_66
10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
it'S not generally in PF just this particular missions in the P-40. guess i'll have to go along the runway very slow and start accelerate where it's more smooth.

RIO