PDA

View Full Version : A couple noob questions

madness.6969
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Im havin several problems i would greatly apreciate some help.
1 when im flying the in campain as a marine over iwo jima.Im flying an fu6(i think, its a corsair) i cant get my guns to fire.i can drop my bombs fine and my guns worked in other mission i built in othetr aircraft.
2 I cant find any servers to play on online.in the set up screen i put it to cable/dsl and default ip.
im patched up to 4.04.
thx

polak5
08-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Check your control settings while u are flying in the mission. When you are in control settings check your weapon1, weapon 2, etc... make sure they are set. If you are flying the F4U-C, it does not have machine guns, it has cannons. So maybe your trying the wrong button.

The most current patch is 4.08 you can get it from www.pacific-fighters.com (http://www.pacific-fighters.com)
Also, download hyperlobby and play online.

regards, Pol

madness.6969
08-17-2007, 02:45 PM
thx. ive also been havin a problem with figuring out how to follow enemy aircraft.Is it paddock enemy??any sugestions would be great.
Also i have pacific fighter stand alone and it says the latest patch for it is 4.04. it looks like 4.08 is for il2 1946.
Thanks for the help

polak5
08-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Well I am not to sure about the padlock stuff since I don't use it, but someone else might have the answer for that.

Ok, yes I believe you are right 4.04 is the highest patched version of Pacific Fighters stand alone. However if you wish to play online you are going to need version 4.08 as that is what most pilots use and is the version that most servers require.

BTW, welcome to the forums
Regards, Pol

polak5
08-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Found this on another post, regarding padlock

Originally posted by Skunk_438RCAF:
You must be accustomed to the MS CFS series, because you keep talking about "targeting". There is no such thing in Oleg's games. The F4 key is to be used when you have the enemy in view, and all it does is keep the enemy centered in your view. If the enemy disappears under your aircraft for example, the F4 view unlocks itself.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2521077185

I forgot to mention, if u get IL-2 1946 you will have the complete series of Il2 on ONE DVD. Includes IL-2, forgotten battles, aces, pacific fighters, etc.. which means you will be able to fly all airplanes that are flyable in the series, I suggest u make this purchase (around 20 bucks).

regards, Pol

Lurch1962
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi, Madness!
To padlock a plane (or ground object, too) it must be visible within your field of view on-screen. Once you achieve a padlock, to continue to follow it ensure that it doesn't disappear behind your plane/cloud for more than a few seconds or the lock will be lost and you'll have to re-acquire.

If you bind a key to the control LookForwardWithPadlock (or something like that), you can snap your view forward as long as you hold that key down and the lock will be maintained on your target, even if it's otherwise invisible. When you want to again track the bandit, release the LookForwardWithPadlock key and your view will swivel back.

You can do this as many times as you like. In fact, I use it when I'm sure I'm about to lose padlock, so that I can maneuver my plane until I'm certain my intended victim will be back within sight when I release that key.

Another tip: If you padlock a plane while others are in your field of view at the same time, even if the others go outside your field of view you can use PadlockNext (or PadlockPrevious) to shift your padlock to them within a period of several seconds. Wait too long and it won't work, though. (I'm sure it's related to the grace period you're allowed in which to track a plane if it disappears from view.)

--Lurch--

madness.6969
08-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Thx for all the help. I actualy plan on getting 1946 tommorow.i just asked about the padlock view because i was playin battle of britain wings of victory and its padlock view was amazing.even though im not a huge fan of how the campaign is set up, in my opinion once u get it all patched up its one hell of a game.Oh yeah and no multiplayer.
thanks again for the help guys

BrotherVoodoo
08-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't forget to check the nuggets guide from Bearcat.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645