PDA

View Full Version : More Multiplayer Issues

ayucrazed
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Hey there. First off, I just want to say I love this game, so nobody can say I'm just getting angry because I'm bad or hate it or something.

So, my issues are mainly the fact I keep losing the "connection with the host" or something. I'm quite sure it's not my wireless, because nothing gets disconnected and my speeds remain the same. So is this the "host" rage quitting or getting disconnected or something? If so, why isn't there a backup in the scenario for the game to end and everyone just be given the points they have, because this keeps happening and I keep losing all my experience, and that is insanely frustrating.

Also, I've had many issues lately with my profile sets just vanishing, this isn't a HUGE problem, because I can remake them, but for a game like this, that shouldn't even be an issue and just becomes such a nuisance.

Thirdly, this one just was the cherry on top. I was in a game, going great after a few bad games (my fault mainly haha), I leveled up, got some challenges, etc.. etc.. Game ends after round two of Manhunt, and bam, completely disconnected, shuts down, and goes to the main PS3 screen. This hasn't ever happened in this game before, so I'm not sure if it has to do with my PS3 messing up that one time, but if not.. Then whhaat tthhe heccckk. There's nothing like doing good or even just okay in a game and losing it all because the game shuts off?

Well, that's all. If anyone's having the same troubles, I'd love to hear if you've found the cause or just share your grief, because it's so unbelievably bothersome and yelling at my TV makes me feel a little stupid haha.

Thanks.

Reign
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
The only issue you described I can comment on is the disappearing profile sets. I had the same issue after I installed the DLC with the 2 new maps and game mode, once I got rid of those my profile sets stay as I set them. I don't get to play the new maps which is kind of annoying but not nearly as annoying as redoing my profile sets everytime I log on.

Airwinz
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
My xbox has lost connection and frozen a fair few times while playing this game and it is only ever on this game

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Losing connection with host is usually a connection issue or a ragequit.

A connection issue causing this could be anywhere from your console to the Ubi server, OR anywhere from the host player's console to the server.

If it's a ragequit, or a legitimate reason to have to interrupt the game, not much you can do, but that doesn't happen very often.

Would've been nice if they'd put in host migration so this didn't happen though.

Maybe next time?

Reign
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Losing connection with host is usually a connection issue or a ragequit.

A connection issue causing this could be anywhere from your console to the Ubi server, OR anywhere from the host player's console to the server.

If it's a ragequit, or a legitimate reason to have to interrupt the game, not much you can do, but that doesn't happen very often.

Would've been nice if they'd put in host migration so this didn't happen though.

Maybe next time?

I hate to bring it up but MW2 (throws smoke and runs away) suffered from the same thing for a long time before they added host migration. Hopefully it is something that Ubisoft may implement in the future.

ayucrazed
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
@obliviondoll & Re1gn77: I completely agree. I didn't want to say it in my first post because other forums become flame wars over it, but everyone's quite nice here so far haha, but the host migration is such a great thing. Uncharted 2 has it as well and it works perfectly. I think a lot more people rage quit that game than Assassin's Creed though, but still.

Also Re1gn77, how did you delete the DLC? I'm guessing just go into save data and delete DLC from Assassin's Creed right? (I'm not near my PS3 right now, so I can't check myself yet) Because as you said, being unable to play the maps and new mode (that I didn't really like or use anyways lol) is a lot better than revamping my profile sets over and over. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Gears of War (original) had no host migration. (yes, it's on XBox, no I don't own one, yes I do have friends with them)

People complained.

The answer: "We'd have to rewrite so much code that patching it isn't viable." (paraphrased)

The sequel had host migration.

I hear the series is still quite popular http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Transformers: War for Cybertron had no host migration.

People complained.

The answer: "Have some DLC that you have to pay for and will make the game unplayable to anyone who doesn't buy it, and barely playable to people who do"

Nobody plays that game any more.

I have a feeling Ubisoft will go the CoD or GoW route rather than the WfC one. Not sure why - it's not like they're already giving away DLC or anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ayucrazed
01-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Haha, well, I'll keep on hoping they will.

But you didn't mention how to delete the DLC to fix the profile sets :O!