09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
im currently trying to get a second world record at gtr evolution

realize how difficult this is:

to be the fastest among thousands of people, almost like an spermatazoid

for my first world record i explored some fringe techniques:

precognition by visualize the future

slowing down the perception of time

getting in the mood when you feel you can conquer the world

precognition for me is easy since i live in permanent synchronicity, i just know in advance when the cars gonna skid

visualizing the future i rememebr it using it in il2 gunnery

while i shot i was 2 seconds in the future

now slowing time requires practice and that special mood caused by music, feelings

now to feel you can conquer the world is a matter of the force, to think youll achieve it cause you deserve it

now could you suggest me some other odd technique to get a record?

MrSteven37
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Detachment to the result... If the thought of setting a world record is on your mind during the drive you're only carrying extra baggage, let your mind focus solely on the process of hitting each apex perfectly, getting good exits etc. What track/car are we talking here by the way?

raaaid
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
yes thats something very difficult to avoid

almost every time i pass the ghost car record i get nervous and screw

i got a record in anderstop with a formula 3000 and currently im trying the same circuit with a wtcc car a chevrolet lacceti

but i may go back to formula i find wtcc too understeery though on the other hand is a bigger challenge

currently im 4 tenths of the record and i may need a couple of months at least to improve that much

WTE_Galway
09-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds to me some of what you are doing is similar to Tim Gallwey's inner game pop psych books:

http://theinnergame.com/

The main "inner game" trick involves forgetting the technical aspects of the tasks and visualizing looking and feeling like a world champion.

Stiletto-
09-22-2010, 11:06 PM
I used to play GTR2 and Race07 but these days play iRacing because the physics and competition are much better.

One thing I liked about the Simbin games was the ghost car, but when you are pretty much on the limit and talking about 1-2 tenths of a second left out on the track, you already know all the brake markers and corner entries.. The only thing that ghost car can do is slow you down, as it obscures your view of the track ahead and you focus on it instead of the tasks ahead, similar to target fixation.

Mercanario
09-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Ayrton Senna once said something quite surreal and spooky. Basically his mind was always 2 or 3 corners ahead..fair enough, but then he made reference to being "somewhere else", at one with the car but detached from it and despite the noise, vibration, sense of speed and g forces feeling supremely at peace.

Romanator21
09-23-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm not very good at racing, so I typically run a course over and over until it becomes muscle memory and I win.