PDA

View Full Version : Problem with track files

Serbian7
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM
I have some strange problem with saved track files ( movies ) in Ace expansion pack: after saving succesful mission into a track file playing this track shows difference in flying commands, aiming and altitude after few minutes of action - looks like somebody else fly on it. My plane kissed the ground after few target missings. Track file is not similar with original mission that I made ( only in take off and first minutes of fly ). My friend found same problem in Lock On air combat. How I can fix this problem?

Serbian7
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM
I have some strange problem with saved track files ( movies ) in Ace expansion pack: after saving succesful mission into a track file playing this track shows difference in flying commands, aiming and altitude after few minutes of action - looks like somebody else fly on it. My plane kissed the ground after few target missings. Track file is not similar with original mission that I made ( only in take off and first minutes of fly ). My friend found same problem in Lock On air combat. How I can fix this problem?

WWSensei
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
The Save Track option at the end of the mission saves in an old format that had problems with accurate replay. In the controls section map a key to the Quick Record option and use that to record your mission (toggle the key at the beginning of a mission). It save in a different format that is more accurate.

Serbian7
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
So, there is no help for my already recorded tracks that I can do for them to be usefull? Is this same problem founded in Lock On? Thanx for answering.

WWSensei
04-02-2007, 04:06 PM
No clue about LockOn as I never got that sim. You can *try* renaming the file to have a .ntrk extension versus a trk extension. Some claim that helps. Otherwise, yes, you are screwed.

Hoatee
04-02-2007, 04:39 PM
With Lock On, to record your flight, don't press the fly button but choose record track from the file menu.

After that, choosing play track from file menu will allow you to change views. And if you want to record those change in views, choose video edit from the file menu (instead of play track).

In both record track and video edit modes, you must save (and open) the file as a track file.

Serbian7
04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanx guys, I'll try to do it on this way that you said. Good luck!