PDA

View Full Version : inside

Bahero
11-18-2007, 02:09 PM
wouldnt it be cool if you could run inside buildings aswell to lose guards. jump in through a window, jump out the other window. mmm fun,

CroxyJ
11-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Then go and design thousands of house interiors then implement them.

It would be cool but people would have freezing games after a few seconds and you probably wouldn't make it to a house as framerates would be so low.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
or better, design a Engine (much like oblivion) that will automatically create room interiors. Oblivion had a Engine that randomly build their dungeons for them on pre-set perametres!

Its what i want for the game

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Kariko2006:
or better, design a Engine (much like oblivion) that will automatically create room interiors. Oblivion had a Engine that randomly build their dungeons for them on pre-set perametres!

Its what i want for the game

Yeah but you had to load when you went inside a house... how sucky would AC be if you had to load literally everytime you went inside a house...

It definately wouldn't work IMO.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah but IMO........ na.. ur right it wouldn't work... but at least u wouldn't have to hand craft each house http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Srikandi
11-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Oblivion had a Engine that randomly build their dungeons for them on pre-set perametres!

:O no it didn't!

Daggerfall had randomly generated dungeons, but Morrowind and Oblivion had all hand-crafted interiors. Built out of a tileset, sure... and there have been player-developed tools for generating random dungeons in the construction set... but all those interiors were handmade.

Only 3D game with random levels atm is Hellgate: London, afaik http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
humm yeah i think ur right, i miss read the website i got the info from!

Its the NPC's that are randomly generated in the Dungeons