PDA

View Full Version : Lets Help Mr. Maddox and 1C

Firebird_79vRAF
11-27-2004, 06:36 AM
~S~

New pilot to the world of IL2, PF made me try it and Im **** sad that I havent been here since day 1.

This is a niche market and what Oleg and his team does is a labour of love. Im hoping he makes enough $ to live comfortably. The best support for any game ever, I think he deserves more.

He has a$$wipes stealing his work (dl'ing) and people who instead of mature comments if something isnt quite right, bash him.

Ive seen this topic brought up in other posts so I wanted one dedicated to it, not my idea so I dont want to look like Im stealing it.

Thinking of the hundreds, thousands of hours of entertainment this game will provide me in the future. Im very willing to send a donation directly to 1C to help the company to continue and prosper. How much do you spend on coffee a month? How long does it take you to enjoy that coffee? How much more entertainment for a longer period will this game provide in a one month period.

Anyone know the address of 1C?

Viking-S
11-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Good idea Firebird! let´s make a X-mas gift to Oleg and friends.
http://int.games.1c.ru/?type=contacts&1CSESSID=b0d6121bb455aff2d7ced4590e5a5a7d

20-50$?

Viking

3.JG51_BigBear
11-27-2004, 10:30 AM
I see things like this and I just have to scratch my head. 1C and UBI are companies. They don't care about the players other than as customers. That's the way every company works. The reason Oleg puts so much time into this sim and puts up with so much **** is that he wants the players to continue to buy his product. If it weren't for the updates I would have put this game down long ago as it is I've bought every game in the Il2 series and 1C's game Soldiers, Heroes of WW2 (great game by the way, little bugy and steep learning curve but fun as hell). If he doesn't feel that he's making enough he should walk and if he wasn't getting what he wanted out of producing this game he could have stopped three years ago.

Viking-S
11-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Big Bear you didn€t get the point!
It€s not what Oleg thinks of his job or products but what we the user€s thinks of him. That€s a big difference.

Viking

A.K.Davis
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I see things like this and I just have to scratch my head. 1C and UBI are companies. They don't care about the players other than as customers. That's the way every company works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, but that is likely how a company you ran would work. People who think that way run companies that way. In the U.S. this has led to a crisis in management (the failure of the shareholder/profit imperative to create best management practices internally) and consumer confidence. More and more companies are moving away from seeing the customer only as a $ sign, as this does not create the kind of sustainability needed in the market today.

Freycinet
11-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Well said, AK Davis!

Paypal donations is unfortunately not a viable business model, but I totally agree with the sentiment in the original posting and the day I'm a gazillionaire Maddox will definitely receive a check with many zeroes on it by mail!

Popey109
11-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Yes it€s a business, but I think Oleg has a real passion for what he€s created. If he didn€t he€d just let the code out and we€d all be flying Uber F4-U1A€s and firing 16€ inch guns at each other! At the same time I don€t think there on the way too the poor house. What mite be good is if you know anyone with a mid range PC, you could surprise them this Xmas with a copy of FB or PF or all three! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif