PDA

View Full Version : AI difficulty setting

piloteer81
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I remember in FB or maybe the original IL2 that you could set various difficulty levels in the config(??) file. I've used the file to alter graphics etc as per the read me files and manual, but can't find anything in PF to increase the enemy AI or even the general campaign difficulty like AI gunner accuracy etc (aside from the realism settings actually in the game) Anyone know how to do this?

I can't believe they haven't included a TBF!!!!

antifreeze
12-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I think I have all the parameters in my conf.ini:

;Both versions (FB and PF)
NoAirfieldHighlight
CampaignAI=Hard ; Easy, Normal, Hard
CampaignMissions=Normal ; Easy, Normal, Hard
MissionDistance=30 ; between 0 and 300km
CampaignLength=Short ; VeryShort, Short, Medium, Long, VeryLong (VeryLong is default)
GroundIntensity=Medium ; Low, Medium, High
AirIntensity=Medium ; Low, Medium, High (on PF maps this controls random flights, on AEP maps it is general)
SlowFire=10.0 ; Ship-flak rate. between 0.5 and 100.0 (1=historic, default=5.1)
;NoBadWeather

; AEP only
RandomFlights=8 ; flights unconnected with your mission
MaxBomberSkill=2 ; between 0 and 3
MaxFLAK=20 ; possibly 'Battle over Europe' add-on only
;NoActiveFrontline ; likely 'Battle over Europe' add-on only

;Pacific Fighters only
OperationVictory=100
OperationDefeat=-100
WarVictory=1000
WarDefeat=-1000
;UseParachutes ;Japanese have chutes from start of war

Everything after a ; will not be parsed by the game
So the lines with ; at the beginning will not be read at all.
And the 'notes' I've put after each command will not be read.
The last line (chutes) is only for the latest beta of DGen.

I think these settings only work for campaigns though;
setting the AI difficulty here won't affect dogfights or coops.

The_Ant
12-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi!

You can download il2-stab (works with aep+Pf also).This program lets chose alot off settings,like difficulty,flying distance,ai,ai gunners etc..
its a easy program too use.
it also enables historical medals,ranks and the swaztika on german planes.

heres a link.
http://www.users.on.net/~mjtm/IL-2/

dieg777
12-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Antifreeze
do these lines have to be added to any section in config or just typed in ?

antifreeze
12-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Sorry, should have been more clear. These settings go under the [DGen] heading in your conf.ini
The conf.ini never seems to be amended when patching, so you have to copy/paste or type them in manually. Starshoy includes new parameters as DGen develops.

I'm not sure il2manager and Stab let you tweak all the DGen parameters listed, so it's handy to know how to edit them in wordpad too. But both these programs do more than just tweak campaign settings, so they're also both worth having installed.

piloteer81
12-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Thats great! I had completely forgotten about Stab. The Japanese having chutes will be a useful one too. Is that historical that they didn't have any, or were they missed out in the making?

antifreeze
12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Historicallly built-in by Starshoy.
A few people said on the forum that they weren't offered chutes, so that they didn't have a choice but to fulfil the mission. But some people said that although offered, a lot of pilots didn't take them as a gesture of pride and duty.

piloteer81
12-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Would like to add the japanese have chutes line. I take it I will need the later version of Dgen to run this command? Totally new to this, could you let me know where to get it and how to insert it!? thanks!