PDA

View Full Version : Huge cities, but nothing to do ?

Adon604
11-19-2007, 05:12 PM
What else is there to do inside these huge and wonderfully recreated cities they got in the game? Aside from saving the same citizens over and over again, eavesdropping, knife thievery and jumping around like a monkey, there ain't nothing else to do. There's never a feeling of "Wow what a huge place to play in, so much to do so much to explore" I'm just thinkin, damn it's pretty far to the next eagle vision lookout. I spent all my city dwelling jumping roof to roof which is fun, they should take some notes from the Gran Theft Auto series when it comes to free roaming city stuff, AC is so open and yet just as closed at the same time.
They gave us such a huge playground to explore but it still feels so empty due to the lack of interaction. You're just limited to very basic mission interactions and nothing else. How bout some weapon stands, clothing stands, bath houses, army barracks, shops, etc....

am I missing something here or is mission related stuff the only thing we can do in these cities?

HardcoreHeathen
11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
You obviously missed the most fun part of AC and GTA: making fun for yourself. See how many people you can kill before getting caught, see how many guards you can beat with just your bare hands, try and do an assassination using only throwing daggers, etc.

sabres3819
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
What you are proposing is basically GTA in the middle east during the third crusade - not assassins creed

Go pitch the idea to Rockstar

BluenetOG
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
actualy super boring now thinking of trading it in i have 60/60 templars and like nearly every single flag u can get only 5-10 off 1000000% complete now what do i go keep killing ppl? keep redoing the same assination they shud of made it more like oblivion loads and loads of quests ranging from robin from the rich giving to the poor and assassinating u catch my drift i hope the 2nd 1 is jus as good but dramaticaly changes the length of the game

i bought this game on the friday at 9 am and completed it satday night completed alot of the flags by sunday nite and now completed all the templars from 12pm monday to 6pm at nite seriously what do u do once u done it all

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by BigT8911:
actualy super boring now thinking of trading it in i have 60/60 templars and like nearly every single flag u can get only 5-10 off 1000000% complete now what do i go keep killing ppl? keep redoing the same assination they shud of made it more like oblivion loads and loads of quests ranging from robin from the rich giving to the poor and assassinating u catch my drift i hope the 2nd 1 is jus as good but dramaticaly changes the length of the game

i bought this game on the friday at 9 am and completed it satday night completed alot of the flags by sunday nite and now completed all the templars from 12pm monday to 6pm at nite seriously what do u do once u done it all

I don't know, but just a thought, try not playing for 10 hours a day and a game might last more then a weekend?

BluenetOG
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM
thats very true but wen uve been waiting for a game for over 3 years or watever u jus cant stop playing it and even went out on the satday and friday nite and still completed it :/ well hopefully kane n lynch dead men and NFS pro streeet and haze will save the month for us

The_Assassin05
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Just think of challenges to do in those big cities, aside from all of the other side quests. Time trials, killing sprees, how fast can you lose a guard's attention? blah blah blah...

Pinjani10
11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I love the game anyway, even if it may be repatitive but hell taking on every teutonic in Acre is always fun :P

HMFC_1874
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
That is a bit much to be playing but I dont play half as much as I used too, and everyone to their own.

I would like to see other stuff inroduced aswell, like more of a variety of weaponry, like bows,armor,poison etc

Clothes to change into to act as different characters e.g Guards etc like Hitman does.

Be able to Swim.

Interaction with Civillians etc.

Stones etc to throw for distractions.

Be able to pick up,pick pocket or steal items and weapons to be used to trade for other items or to keep.

Harder to Climb/Swing/Jump its just too easy to get about.

Difficulty Levels!

Online play where you have to team up with 2-4 players in order to complete missions. And Skirmish Deathmatch to kick some *ss

bokeef04
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Clothes to change into to act as different characters e.g Guards etc like Hitman does.

Be able to Swim.

everyone seems to assume everyone knows how to swim? i have a friend who can't swim, so isn't it logical that a person raised in a castle miles from the nearest large body of water wouldn't know how to swim, i doubt swimming was high on the assassins teaching roster as once your in the water your agility plummets and your pretty much a sitting duck. now dont get me wrong, it would be handy if he atleast knew how to keep himself alive and reach shore, but games like gta didn't have swimming in them for ages.

as for clothes look at my sig, also, where does he put his assassins outfit and weapons? does he just throw them away and expect them to be replaced? or does he do a spiderman and leave them nicely hidden somewhere with the hopes no-one will come across it. also the hashshashin did public assassinations so they knew who did it, which if you killed them as a guard they would think it was just a disgruntled guard