PDA

View Full Version : AWESUM TACTICS!?

MrJLBoyyy
04-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Hello forum-ers! Although the topics I make don't usually last that long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I just wanted to make a thread for some interesting tactics/setups people have since I'm experimenting right now. For people that haven't played with me or don't know me (*gasp*), I usually roll with the basic long-lasting smoke, slow-acting poison with overall cooldowns and blender. Pretty basic (although I play slightly differently than most with my aggressive-ness and not much care for focuses), right? So when I got back into this game (well, somewhat), I decided to forget poison and started rolling with a rapid-reload smoke and rapid-reload firecrackers, and I'm loving it.

SO ANYWAY (since maybe about three people read my unorganised rambling), do you have any set-ups that you'd like to share? Any tactics that you use? It could be for any gametype, I want to hear how YOU play!

There probably IS another thread that died a long time ago, but I don't think resurrecting is really worth it because I want an update on how people are doing.

P.S: I especially need tactics for assassinate... I can't seem to be all too good. Only getting second place with like 6,000....

P.P.S: Please don't hurt me.

TL;DR: Me>You. Gimmie yo cookies! Also, put down how you play below. kthanksbye d(^-^)z

FlailingAmigo
04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Been toying around with Strong Charge/RR Decoy for Assassinate and having reasonable success.
As not many people are using Decoy in this mode you usually get the lure as it's unexpected.

You dont need to lock an identical persona because any pursuer won't have a contract on you until they lock. So either watch the compass and fire Decoy off just before they round the corner into LOS or even once they hit LOS. If they see the persona change and then bolt they tend to assume it's disguise either activating/wearing off. Lure, Lock, Kill, Win.

And charge is fairly simple, only used for stuns but with the lag these days more effective than mute/smoke.

Sometimes I switch out to Strong Smokes, the extra radius helps and not too many people expect the extra distance.

Then there's the usual Smoke/Mute and RR Disguise/Strong Mute builds, but I try to mix it up more in assassinate.

Just make sure you turn Blender off, as having that go off in the distance is even more of a giveaway here than in Wanted, as no whispers a lot of the time.

I usually roll with Overall Cooldowns and Resistance (It stops other players getting focus on you if they've stunned then locked you) And sometimes Silent Hunt as I can rush the lash few seconds of a kill and not go down to discreet.

Wow, Wall of text.

TL;DR I've given away all my secrets. I got a 12K using this a few times though, honest.

Just Krispy
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
I was thinking of trying out decoy too..also throwing knives...

persiateddy95
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Slow Acting Poison and Strong Firecrackers, success all the time.

WIDOMKR383
04-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Assassinate:
I found RR disguise and SA poison to serve me better then SA poison and RR firecrackers, plus almost every kill will provide the 200+ hidden bonus. The main problem with FC is 60% of the time people run like scared jack rabbits. Perks I use resistance and silent hunt, reset cooldowns and 3 silent kill streak.

Wanted:
RR disguise and SA poison to start out the match, once I get a lead I switch to my defense set.
LL smoke and RR mute, perks silent hunt and reset cooldowns. (The reason for this is I want my pursuers to know who and where I am easier to get stuns.)
This setup will net me atleast 8-15 stuns a match. I LOVE defense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MrJLBoyyy
04-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah. Since I naturally spot hiccups in movement, I almost always find my target when playing manhunt. I always confirm with offensive decoy (pick suspect and fire decoy; if it doesn't work, it's a good lock). Just another tactic the TOTALLY AWESUM MrJLBoyyy uses d(^-^)z

E-Zekiel
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
NUMBER ONE TACTIC FOR ASSASSINATE MODE:

DO NOT PLAY IT.

It's terribad

StuffedInABoxx
04-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
Oh yeah. Since I naturally spot hiccups in movement, I almost always find my target when playing manhunt. I always confirm with offensive decoy (pick suspect and fire decoy; if it doesn't work, it's a good lock). Just another tactic the TOTALLY AWESUM MrJLBoyyy uses d(^-^)z

I do this too! And even if you get it wrong, it will point out the player in a blended group and increase your chances in a morphed group...and against a stun locking team, it's likely any of the others

terzho
04-26-2011, 04:51 AM
If you're playing in a game that is filled with noobs who run around and roof for the entire game just play full defensive. Your stuns can easily match their 100 point kills in score while also bringing your contracts to you everynow and then. Also stuns and lures are easy to get if you're the only one playing defensively as they are used to running around and will start a chase from ages away and you will see them coming. Or alternatively you can just screw it and roof and run as well which is fun occasionally http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eldest219
04-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I use gun and throwing knives for first blood.
Then I switch to smoke / poison for a possible focus poison. If not, a regular poison will suffice. For the remainder of the game, I use rr disguise and ll smoke.

With that setup, getting greater variety is a piece of cake. You can usually get greater about 3 or 4 minutes in the game if you remember to do silent, discrete, and acrobatic kills.

YourInnate
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Jlboyyy makes jokes. He was top 10 ffa before assassinate came out and the only reason he stopped being top 10 was because he didn't get the dlc.

Assassinate is kind of like wanted and manhunt combined, and requires a new mindset, but not new tricks. Spot campers the same way as you would in wanted, and take them out the way you would in manhunt depending on offense or defense, whether they win the lock race or you do.

Or you could play it straight like wanted and lock from really far and consider everyone but the person you are now "radared to" as a potential pursuer like in wanted. But this a really tough way to pull it off since there is a potential 6 pursuers (6 since you are radared to someone).

xCr0wnedNorris
04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
You wanna know what my Ub312 1337 74715 are? I named myself Norris, that alone made me awesome.

WIDOMKR383
04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
You wanna know what my Ub312 1337 74715 are? I named myself Norris, that alone made me awesome.

Crap!!! I wish I could delete my post I am not awesome enough to be in the same thread as THE Norris http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif just click hide on my post Norris, just click hide...

Warforger
04-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Usually what I do is go for Mute/Poison or Smokes/Poison, poison my first target then while that's recharging I go do an aerial kill for my second kill so hopefully I get a variety bonus.

MrJLBoyyy
04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
That's weird. I almost never change my profile set when playing Wanted...