PDA

View Full Version : Dev Idea

Stackhouse25th
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok so everyone complains about modeling.

Create a Cessna 172 in the game, or if someone here flies a plane similar to one in the game (spit, P47). Model 172, compare #'s between the 172 ingame, and how it DOES perform in real life.

Use this information to improve the flying of the other planes, IE spitfires, P47s, etc etc...

ALSO for BOB, I really want people to START supporting improved weather ingame. Aviation is almost always about weather, and the game needs it. We need cross winds, headwinds, and turbulence, differeing cloud layers, ETC JUST like LOMAC, weather so bad you CANT FLY, and density altitudes (hot, cold), weather that gets worse as you fly forward and have to turn back, and thunderstorms (embedded too) (haha yessss)...

discuss

vocatx
12-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I do truly hope BoB has dynamic weather. It would add so much to this great sim if it were possible to add it. About the closest you can get to it now is when the ground mist burns off as the sun rises.

danjama
12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Maybe complex weather like what you are suggesting is not Maddox Games bag of tricks. Its more a Microsoft thing!?

Who knows.

I mean, more detailed cloud layers woul be nice, but i dont know why would we need thunderstorms so detailed an dynamic that thered be no way to fly in them?

RocketRobin__
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Try online play, it's a whole new game, a whole new experience.

If you want to fly in bad weather, fly on the RCAF server.
Sometimes they have some very nasty stuff... low level turbulence that will knock your fillings out, or cross winds that will blow your plane off the runway. Try some extended combat on their desert map, without burning out your engine.

If you're on the wrong side, you'll also have to contend with the RCAF FB pilots. You'll see a lot of server messages like, "(Your name here) catches RCAFxxxx's bomb as it falls out of the sky."

Online play means real people, real competition and real fun in the virtual world.

Stackhouse25th
12-09-2005, 10:17 PM
what are you saying rocket robin?