PDA

View Full Version : Animus= Revelations' artifact

ton_sp
09-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Why not...Is there any chance that the artifact hidden in Altair's library can be an Animus machine.Maybe Altair constructed while he was studying the apple.

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by ton_sp:
Why not...Is there any chance that the artifact hidden in Altair's library can be an Animus machine.Maybe Altair constructed while he was studying the apple.
Seriously? A machine that can study the DNA and show memories of our ancestors through it....in the 12th century?

I don't understand if it's a genuine question or just troll...

ton_sp
09-25-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm not talking about a machine.I mean something like an animus machine...maybe wooden not a machine

Will_Lucky
09-25-2011, 07:56 AM
The Seals of Altair are themselves essentially very primitive Animus' due to there ability to record memories. Odds are Abstergo will take ownership of them at a later date and build the Animus from it.

ProletariatPleb
09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm not talking about a machine.I mean something like an animus machine...maybe wooden not a machine
Wooden thing that will show you your DNA and memories within it?

Not possible bro..as I remember some power artifact is under that can tip the scales of the war? I dunno where I read this...like it could destroy the templars or something like that..

sassinscreed
09-26-2011, 06:48 AM

so he built modern machine which uses electricity in time when there wasn't electricity, he had all modern material, and he had computer and equipment to record memories in time when he lived?

thats why ezio will use seals in revelations and not animus

Abeonis
09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ton_sp:

so he built modern machine which uses electricity in time when there wasn't electricity, he had all modern material, and he had computer and equipment to record memories in time when he lived?

thats why ezio will use seals in revelations and not animus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The OP made no mention of electricity. Also, reading the OPs later comment clarifies that he was referring to a machine similar to the Animus. Now, as somebody else has already said, the premise of the Seals is remarkably similar to the Animus; in Brotherhood, it is shown that the Templars are able to record the memories of an individual and use the Animus to project those memories onto an individual who is not a direct relation (in fact, that's the premise for the entire multiplayer experience). This is exactly the same thing the Seals are doing in Revelations.

To answer your original question though, I don't think you're correct. Why would Altair hide inside the Masyaf library the very thing that it requires five of to open it? Most likely, it is a piece of First Civilisation technology, though what exactly is still anyone's guess.

LightRey
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ton_sp:

The OP made no mention of electricity. Also, reading the OPs later comment clarifies that he was referring to a machine similar to the Animus. Now, as somebody else has already said, the premise of the Seals is remarkably similar to the Animus; in Brotherhood, it is shown that the Templars are able to record the memories of an individual and use the Animus to project those memories onto an individual who is not a direct relation (in fact, that's the premise for the entire multiplayer experience). This is exactly the same thing the Seals are doing in Revelations.

To answer your original question though, I don't think you're correct. Why would Altair hide inside the Masyaf library the very thing that it requires five of to open it? Most likely, it is a piece of First Civilisation technology, though what exactly is still anyone's guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't really see the purpose in the story for an 1000-year old animus, nor do I think that, regardless of whether it would need electricity, Alta´r would have the capability to build such a sophisticated device, even with the apple.

RzaRecta357
09-26-2011, 11:13 AM
The thing would need electricity. I read the book and I don't think they specifically say where he got those seals but it's obvious it was TOWCB technology. He didn't make those. Anything he would make would need power. Unless he could jam the apple in there for a power source or something.

Azugo
09-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:

The Assassin's Creed franchise is based on historical accuracy, with the few bits here and there that they make up to make it more interesting.

If you're suggesting that Altair was the one who invented/founded electricity and computers, then this would go against everything the Assassin's Creed series is about.

It's just not historically accurate because Benjamin Franklin was (apparently) the one who discovered electricity, and the first "modern" computer was invented in WW2 by a man named Konrad Zuse, both of which obviously came after the 12th century, when Altair was alive.

thekarlone
09-27-2011, 07:24 AM
In hidden Altair's library is Bin Laden.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
That would have been a better joke of Bin Laden hadn't already been killed.

johnnyhayek
09-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:

LOL that's hilarious :P I would laugh so much if that truly happens http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

P.S. Bin Laden's not dead. The CIA used a POE to create an illusion of his death. They're templars after all.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
i doubt there will be an animus in altair's library... just doesn't really make sense to me. what would they use it for

my guess is that there will be a hologram message left behind by Altair

i dont think there will be a device there because ezio would have most likely taken it and desmond would then have to figure out where ezio left it

Will_Lucky
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Personally I think it will be another Seal of Altair within, but it won't be his memories.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Seriously? A machine that can study the DNA and show memories of our ancestors through it....in the 12th century?

I don't understand if it's a genuine question or just troll... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, lighten up. There's a very big chance it could be a POE that can do things like that.

naran6142
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

I don't understand if it's a genuine question or just troll... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, lighten up. There's a very big chance it could be a POE that can do things like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is possible

but i dont see the point in using the animus to find an animus. the current versions of the animus can go as far back as Adam & Eve so another animus seem pointless IMO

someone stated above that it might be another seal, i could see this working. the seal could contain memories of someone from the first civ and show us what happened during the war