PDA

View Full Version : Problem with defence control in fights...

BallaBoy
01-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi

Wondering if someone can help. I seem to be having a problem getting Ezio to defend himself in fights.

The problem is patchy, but he doesn't seem to always adopt the defence position. Even after I've drawn my sword and attacked an enemy he often just doesn't respond when I try to block - just stands there and gets hit.

Is there something I'm missing about when and how I can get him to guard? I'm using swords with reasonable speed, so I don't think that's the issue.

Anyone else had this problem?

TheSpectator
01-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Sorry to ask the obvious but are you using the right controls. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grimezy93
01-17-2011, 07:17 AM
I actually have the same problem. Sometimes I draw my sword in a fight yet he isn't locked onto anybody and the fighting controls aren't activated. I just panic really and hold the lock on button which normally helps. I think it could just be a bug.

Razrback16
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Possible reasons that I can think of:

* Your controller RT button is starting to go out
* You aren't locked onto your target
* Your console is malfunctioning resulting in excessive lag

It's a known ongoing thing with the AC games that the targeting & camera systems are pretty badly designed. Sometimes in large battles it will stop locking on your target and you'll have to re-lock which is quite irritating when it happens, but fortunately it doesn't happen a LOT.

Inorganic9_2
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
You can be locked on and in open conflict, but not actively engaged in a fight. You have to take a swing at someone before Ezio will actually stand in a fighting stance. Otherwise, he will just stand there in high profile.

Also, Ezio now guards like a guard...he might be amazing at fighting, but only if you keep up a whirlwind of attacks and counters. Ezio can only guard from about three hits before he starts taking damage from them, even if you still hold guard.

BallaBoy
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks. I'll check again - I'm assuming that the locking thing is the issue. That mostly seems to take care of itself, so I haven't been paying much attention to it.