PDA

View Full Version : Speedy AI

Grey_Mouser67
02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
A request for Oleg's next patch.

The AI in this game are still too speedy. They climb and walk away while flying around on boost, rad. closed and probably 100% prop pitch all the time.

It is an immersion killer for me offline.

In addition, I don't think the AI can manually shift their superchargers either....makes flying in a Corsair at 25,000 ft. difficult and unlike online play, offline I and others spend a lot of time at high altitude!

Thanks for your consideration.

Grey_Mouser67
02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
A request for Oleg's next patch.

The AI in this game are still too speedy. They climb and walk away while flying around on boost, rad. closed and probably 100% prop pitch all the time.

It is an immersion killer for me offline.

In addition, I don't think the AI can manually shift their superchargers either....makes flying in a Corsair at 25,000 ft. difficult and unlike online play, offline I and others spend a lot of time at high altitude!

Thanks for your consideration.

mortoma
02-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I agree, the AI can go faster than you can in the same plane. They can also dive and not break up as soon as you would in the same plane. I was flying a Berlin campaign mission in the new DO-335 and my flight came up against LA-5FNs. One got on my tail and was glued to me like stink on you know what. Not only should I have outran him in level flight and climb but I also should have substantially out dived him!! When I fly a LA-5FN, I break up at 770KPH in a dive every time. But I was at 820KPH in a shallow 45 degree dive and the LA was still glued to me going the same speed. But yet he never broke up.
What's up with that??

lowfighter
02-13-2006, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we can set a test about AI boost, overheating etc. Set a mission with only one flight, you being the leader; before flying turn off engine overheat in difficulty settings; start mission and fire the engine to maximum settings in order to achieve biggest horizontal speed; fly for long time, enough that your AI buddies should quit following you if they experience overheat. If they don't quite it means they can fly forever at boost, etc. The problem: whoever would do this test should be able to achieve and maintain the maximum speed for a long time, otherwise the test is irrelevant because the AI simply fly much smoother and therefore don't need the boost to follow you. I'm not that good at that, I guess usually I can come within 90% of the maximum speed of a certain airplane. But I know there are pilots which can do it.