PDA

View Full Version : >>> Legal cheats <<< Petition?

TheGozr
02-25-2005, 11:39 AM
We have to make a request to make Some of the graphics settings controled by server side.

Medium clouds and land texture are a total cheat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif to an certain point.

This is not a quake cituation that you have to lower your graphics settings to see better... much better... far better.
A sims should have a certain limit controled by server side.

BM357_Hitcher
02-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Agreed! And please make the AI blind in clouds! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
02-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Shifting these settings to the server is a great idea. I know some people's system take a hit with clouds turned on but the advantage to people that have them turned off is huge.

TheGozr
02-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Can Someone send this to daddy Oleg? In good english. Thanks

Hunde_3.JG51
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Agree 100%.

BaldieJr
02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Pfft.

TheGozr
02-25-2005, 03:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif
look at who 's using this? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Manos1
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
???????

Can you please be more precise?

I thought that if the server decides on clouds, players can not change their own settings to no-clouds.

And as far as regarding textures, what do you mean? Flying "perfect" allows you to distinguish better shadows. But this means higher settings are better.

crazyivan1970
02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I don`t understand your intentions Gozr... You mean to force users to play with quality clouds and max ground details and resolution that you defined?? - a little harsh... not everyone can pull it off
OR
You want people to be forced to play with medium clouds, low resolution and med ground...because server setup says so?
Which one is it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Personally disagree with either one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
02-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't know about ground resolution but with the clouds maybe the server could have the option to require them and if the person attempting to connect has them turned off, the clouds will appear but be at a low graphics setting.

Tooz_69GIAP
02-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a P4 1.8gig processor, 768mb DDR RAM, GeForce Nvidia MX200 32mb card. I get around 15-20 frames (if I'm lucky) on low-medium settings.

How on earth would I be able to play the game with settings turned up??? And the same goes for many others.

There may be some people who reduce their settings so they can see better, even if they can run higher settings, but the reason that settings are so variable on the client side is so that a huge array of differing levels of home PCs are able to run the game well enough to play it.

I don't think it is fair to try and force these people to play to a particular set of graphical settings. I doubt they'd stick around too long as they would playing with a slideshow in front of them.

BM357_Hitcher
02-25-2005, 06:48 PM
The host should decide. That way, people with modern PC's can force clouds/landscape settings and people with prehistoric PC's can unlock clouds/lanscape settings. Why should people with modern PC's be forced to tolerate those who have no clouds? That is not fair.

WB_Outlaw
02-25-2005, 06:49 PM
The forum software should automatically add the phrase, "As an option..." to any server related feature requests.

Additional options are always good. If you don't like 'em, there are other servers out there. For the hardcore server operators, the more server settings available, the better.

What Gozr is asking for is the ability to specify a range of acceptable choices for each video setting that the client can use, with a single selection still being a range. If the client has anything outside that range they are notified of the available choices and the connection is refused. With the amount of coding required for that, I doubt if it will hit FB but it would be nice to have options like that for BoB.

-Outlaw.

3.JG51_BigBear
02-25-2005, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WB_Outlaw:
The forum software should automatically add the phrase, "As an option..." to any server related feature requests.

Additional options are always good. If you don't like 'em, there are other servers out there. For the hardcore server operators, the more server settings available, the better.

What Gozr is asking for is the ability to specify a range of acceptable choices for each video setting that the client can use, with a single selection still being a range. If the client has anything outside that range they are notified of the available choices and the connection is refused. With the amount of coding required for that, I doubt if it will hit FB but it would be nice to have options like that for BoB.

-Outlaw. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. Probably right about not seeing a feature like this till BOB too.

WWMaxGunz
02-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Weird. Hunter had posted that medium clouds have the same blocking as high clouds and
server choice is clouds or no clouds -- if clouds then medium is the least and high
clouds graphic is only a matter of quality. But servers are supposed to be able to
require clouds. Has something changed or is this just paranoia after running on servers
where clouds were not required at all?

This was "an issue" long ago and that is how it ended except for people who couldn't
accept what they didn't want to see.

ElAurens
02-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Would you also have a way to restrict resolution too?

There are still a fair ammount of "aces" out there running lower than 1024 X 768 resolution to gain an edge is long distance visibility.

And what about cranking up the gamma level to nullify the effect of low light situations?

And peoople who stir the joystick?

and...

and....

etc........

I guess my point is that it is impossible to totally cover every exploit used by less principalled players. And it is really sad that this discussion in even necessary.

Jazz-Man
02-27-2005, 02:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
I don't know about ground resolution but with the clouds maybe the server could have the option to require them and if the person attempting to connect has them turned off, the clouds will appear but be at a low graphics setting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is already what happens. When you join an MP game, clouds are forced on, either medium or detailed.

I agree with Ivan, forcing either higher or lower settings on different people with different hardware is a bad idea.

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 02:34 AM
This is complete high end PC user snobery and lends itself to putting a crunch on participation from people of poorer Nations, cultures and social groups. Wanna join a country club?... go ahead, but leave this game alone, at least on this one you complete PC snot!!

We are already crowding out people who can't or won't for whatever reason get high speed, non-satelite service for IP. What's next, a nVidia only or ATI only option?

Trying to say some hosts can choose to leave it as they see fit and everyone gets what they want simply does not pass the stink test here. The result we be more social, economic isolation and less of an International feel which in my not so humble opinion is one of the very basic underpinnings of this game.

One more thing... if someone else is not numb brained enough to overload his computer with eye candy he doesn't want, that's his good judgement in a competitive setting.

Man oh man, requests for nonsense like this and open sourcing the program and who knows what is next!

idonno
02-27-2005, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuckyBoy1:
This is complete high end PC user snobery and lends itself to putting a crunch on participation from people of poorer Nations, cultures and social groups. Wanna join a country club?... go ahead, but leave this game alone, at least on this one you complete PC snot!!

We are already crowding out people who can't or won't for whatever reason get high speed, non-satelite service for IP. What's next, a nVidia only or ATI only option?

Trying to say some hosts can choose to leave it as they see fit and everyone gets what they want simply does not pass the stink test here. The result will be more social, economic isolation ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif What a bunch of ****! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

So-what if high end machine owners play with other high end machine owners, and low end owners play with low end owners? This is a combat flight sim, not some attempt at world peace.

It's an absolutely great idea, and I can't imagine why it hasn't been this way all along. What were they thinking?

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
This is NOT an attempt to get even high end users to play with high end users and segregate low end users to other servers because that simply won't happen. It is an attempt to gain competitive online advantage against other players based on PC performance and not pilot skill.

And if you think this game does NOT contribute to world peace, I'd say you are blind to how this game brings people together from cultures that would otherwise never cross paths. I'm hoping Oleg and the gang have enough pride in this knowledge not to damage that concept in any way!

sunflower1
02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Idonno, you have committed a small error of observation that I will correct for you.

This isn't a combat flight sim primarily. Primarily it is an attempt at a commercial endeavor that feeds the people who make it, and hopefully will continue to do so. If it is not this first, it is nothing, agreed?

Allocating human capital to add tweaks to satisfy some portion of the already small group that play this online in what is already clearly a highly highly marginal economic proposition is the sort of business decision only an engineer would make.

Oh wait, that's right, Oleg is an engineer.

Be careful what you wish for, he probably would like to give it to you. Up to a point, we're all incredibly lucky he is an engineer and not a marketing stiff.

Competition is funny stuff if you stay at it long enough. The real opponent becomes apparent.

I can't tell you what they were thinking, but in the real world, where a day has 24 hours, a week 7 days and year 52 weeks, I feel confident in asserting that they were thinking as close to the edge of their envelope as, say, Bernie Ebers or Dennis Kowslawski or the board of directors of Hewlett Packard.

Shame on you.

idonno
02-27-2005, 11:55 AM
LuckyBoy1

I didn't say anything about whether or not IL2 contributes to world peace. I just said that this is not it's purpose for being.

That means that if something done to IL2 makes it a better sim, but doesn't promote said peace, the sim has not failed in it's purpose. If the idea makes IL2 a better air combat sim, then it's a good idea.

It's not that I don't care any about making the world a better place, but decisions made about the development of this sim are not going to have George Bush and Osama Bin Laden holding hands and singing ***-Ba-Ya. So, lets not fail to implement good ideas and improve IL2 in the belief that leaving it as is will unite the world.

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Good point Sunflower. If we keep in mind that the person you are competing against is yourself, you will open a whole new dimension to this game and be, dare I say... at peace with the people you play against regardless!

Don't like the fact that the guy's PC is running better at lower settings than you? Well, even with my high end system, I'll fly on excelent settings to make sure I get absolutely not a glitch when the time comes in a truly competitive setting. Does this make me a cheater?

MoeLarryCheese
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Funny thing but the same goes for other sims.
In Jane's WWII Fighters you could choose
400x640 settings, simple everything and kick butt.
The view was horrible, but if you took your
Spit and could force head on passes you would
be hard to beat.

Some need to win over all else.
Cheat, hack, mess with settings
to get the edge.

But if you can make the same setting change, it is not a cheat.
And the settings were put there for slow computers.
Forcing settings will make some poor sap's
486DL obsolete.

MLC

TheGozr
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
That why it should be a choice, the server would block the settings of clouds and make them detailed for all... connecting to this server. just to have the choice it would be great.

Why in many servers set to 8000 on speed or much higher? we can select the choice to make everyone at the same speed to ovoid to much lags, pilots with 56 k or lower quality connections suffer.. but its a choice, in some servers 56k connection over 40 pilots is out of question..All depend on wich quality you want to fight or to run a server..

Same with clouds make them server controled , voila.

In the other hand why so many of you are very attentioned to the texture of some skins, cockpits or any others..? some peoples want the same for the land sky dust birds etc.. i really think just this request is very honest and good.

why so many hate cfs3 in that case? it has good plane physics, a big time variety of lands maps a better track ir system... maybe is it the qulaity of textures details??????

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 02:14 PM
There's more to preventing lag than cable IP or whatnot. If your computer is choking on the eye candy, it will be just that much slower answering back to the server fast enough. This game online treats packets delayed beyong a point as packets lost. You logic is faulty. server wants to play at this or that eye candy, that's his business and that's what he sees on his PC. What some other guy picks is his business as well. Wanna force more people to use the lower eye candy settings instead of higher settings, just get Oleg to actually act on your ping request. Get both requests filled and this game will dwindle down to a few upper middle class (even though they view themselves as poor working class stiffs) snots beating up on a few people who wonder in every now and then with lower capable computers.

Gozr, learn how to fly and manage what you have in a PC instead of hoping your PC capability will give you the edge you are looking for and leave the whining about this alone because it is so completely transparent and base.

TheGozr
02-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Lucky boy i know exactly how a server is working . i'm trying to make it simple and understandable as mush as i can. When i'm asking something for a choice is not for my own computer but for many others and to have a choice it's always better something for the comunity because we are very different to each others , i never though of myself as an egocentric.
Sorry to make you think that was for my personal use.

For the fact as you mentioned on learning how to fly, maybe you are right i'm shure i have a lot to learn more on flying online and maybe you are right i'm a bad pilot. I'm concidaring my self as a bad pilot anyway. Good point and thank http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Badsight.
02-27-2005, 02:52 PM
people shouldnt be forced to use different graphic settings than they want

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Good man Gozr, because in the end, I never did believe you wanted to beat anyone based on PC advantage and I'm sure you are a better pilot than me. I just needed to step on this idea like the bug it is. Try not to get frustrated and remember the game is already a rather small and obscure thing without adding unneded restrictions!

LeadSpitter_
02-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I agree with the medium clouds being taken out of the game completely but as for ground textures many people cant run the highest detail settings so I dont see that being an option in being removing or being a host option.

Just my 2 cents its like removing 600x480 and 800x600 1024x768 which show dots as being much bigger.

And making a host option of everyone having to run on 1600x1200, its just unfeasable to do that to ground textures

I fly on 1024x768 but have my terrain on graphics medium so i can get 80-120fps which i consider smooth over 20-40 fps on higher resolutions and terrain setting.

I also use medium clouds that show half the clouds that full detailed clouds shows not becuase it runs bad but becuase it simply shows half the clouds. Im sure many do this as well just about everyone who plays online knows of it, there are still some who dont and usually say how the hell did you shoot me thru a cloud so for that i think it needs to be removed from the game completely.

LuckyBoy1
02-27-2005, 06:49 PM
My monitor will not go any higher at 85 Hz than 1024 X 768. next step up is 65 Hz max. Dumb idea at least for me. Any of you upgrade snots gonna buy me the $600.00 monitor?

Zatorski
02-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Wanna join a country club?... go ahead, but leave this game alone, at least on this one you complete PC snot!!

hahahaha that's the best quote I've ever seen on these forums!!! I nearly spit beer through my nose!!
Give 'em heck Luckboy!!

ManicGibber
02-27-2005, 08:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LuckyBoy1:
Good man Gozr, because in the end, I never did believe you wanted to beat anyone based on PC advantage and I'm sure you are a better pilot than me. I just needed to step on this idea like the bug it is. Try not to get frustrated and remember the game is already a rather small and obscure thing without adding unneded restrictions! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right, and I get booted from 99% of servers cause their anticheat settings are too tight for my modem connection, wish I was rich enough to afford $49.00 per month for broadband.

idonno
02-27-2005, 08:48 PM
My monitor will not go any higher at 85 Hz than 1024 X 768. next step up is 65 Hz max. Dumb idea at least for me. Any of you upgrade snots gonna buy me the $600.00 monitor? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we're just going to ask you to fly on some other server. Where does this idea come from that every last server MUST be accessible to every last player?

If the host wants to have all the clouds in his world, he should have the ability to ensure that others can't fly on HIS server with less clouds, giving them an unfair advantage. Jeez! This ain't rocket science!

BaldieJr
02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I found that its rude to blame others for my shortcomings so now I blame thier gear.

ManicGibber
02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by idonno:
My monitor will not go any higher at 85 Hz than 1024 X 768. next step up is 65 Hz max. Dumb idea at least for me. Any of you upgrade snots gonna buy me the $600.00 monitor? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we're just going to ask you to fly on some other server. Where does this idea come from that every last server MUST be accessible to every last player?

If the host wants to have all the clouds in his world, he should have the ability to ensure that others can't fly on HIS server with less clouds, giving them an unfair advantage. Jeez! This ain't rocket science! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep I agree as well after all, doesn't the server have the option to tighten the maxlag settings to his/her licking so same should apply to clouds and all other detail settings, like with external views, padlock,icons, blah blah.

T_O_A_D
02-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Due to this I run Medium clouds online no matter what. I used to think that if Host choose Detailed all had detailed but that was incorrect.

So if you don't want Humans seeing you in clouds like AI can You are forced to run Medium. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I run 1024x768x32 because that works best for me Good picture good FPS and I think I read the game was optimized for that setting aswell once.

BlackShrike
02-28-2005, 12:23 AM
how bout the opposite. its a known fact that in perfect mode you can see dots at one third longer range. thats correct. in perfect mode you can see the enemy MUCH farther away. when in perfect i can always id a dot farther much much farther than other guys.

so eliminate cheat easy graphics settings and eliminate cheat high end graphics settings and while your at it dont bother upgrading your system cuz if you do your cheating to get an unfair advantage.

hey crazy idea here. how bout just try out flying your oppontent then...i know this will sound odd to some of you but ...then SHOOT them down.

gimme a break guys. any setting will have its advantage and disadvantage. but over all it will come down to the better pilot.

tired of getting shot down trying to hide in clouds and being found by low end computer users? try not needing to hide. just shoot them down first.

man. this thread actually made me laugh. i hope it was a farce thread and not serious

Monson74
02-28-2005, 12:43 AM

Trying to say some hosts can choose to leave it as they see fit and everyone gets what they want simply does not pass the stink test here. The result we be more social, economic isolation and less of an International feel which in my not so humble opinion is one of the very basic underpinnings of this game.

One more thing... if someone else is not numb brained enough to overload his computer with eye candy he doesn't want, that's his good judgement in a competitive setting.

Man oh man, requests for nonsense like this and open sourcing the program and who knows what is next! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he just said. Anyway - if you get blasted online & blame it on the clouds, the resolution & your comfortable socio-economic position I really can't take you seriously. Make a squad for poor lonely rich people with unfairly high-ended systems to remedy this totally unacceptable biased situation.

MR.Reah
02-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Qoute:
-This is complete high end PC user snobery and lends itself to putting a crunch on participation from people of poorer Nations, cultures and social groups. Wanna join a country club?... go ahead, but leave this game alone, at least on this one you complete PC snot!!

Man oh man, requests for nonsense like this and open sourcing the program and who knows what is next! -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
110% Agreed and well said. I have been into the sim since the start: IL2, IL2 F.B., IL2 AEP and now Pacific Fighters.............

Representing what is referred to as the 'bottom end' user (900mz P-3 and TNT 16 mb graphics card) and a 56k modem connection, I share the following with you-

I have squadmates fortunate enough to have the much avowed 'high end' machines, some on DSL, some on cable..........

Guess what? They experince the VERY SAME THING ! Kicks for high ping- (so the 56k is a non issue there?)

Screen freeze and/or lag and warping-(256mb 9800 pro, gig of RAM, P-4 or AMD64-(not enough graphics card, CPU or memory for the sim now?)

Just a dumb guess on my part but maybe it has to do with the settings they try to run?

Or perhaps there may be a snag in the game itself- what I suspect...TOO MANY RESOURCES devoted now to checking ping, checking hardware timing and only Oleg knows what else- instead of runing the game itself as effeciantly as possible- perhaps causing some of the 'cheat problems' it was supposed to resolve?

Remember the 3.02 beta and the optimised executible? seemed a vast improvement but because of the 'cheat whinners' -it has yet to be implemented)

I would love to see a streamlined beta with all the 'anti cheat' REMOVED and code fully optimised, then compared to the current build- which do you think would run smoother?

So now someone wants to FORCE everyone to follow what they prefer-going as far as suggesting circulating a petition 'requesting' other servers/hosts to comply with thier ideals?

Please- do as you wish- but consider that it is possible to put too many locks on a door- making your guests feel unwelcome at best, and at worst they may just stop visiting altogether........

Zayets
02-28-2005, 01:30 AM
This place is getting weird every day...

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 01:49 AM
The land texture is not big deal but the clouds is imo is untolerable.( those pics are in medium setting vs detailed clouds )

http://www.french.themotorhead.com/il2/images/ml.jpg

http://www.french.themotorhead.com/il2/images/de.jpg

http://www.french.themotorhead.com/il2/images/de2.jpg

http://www.french.themotorhead.com/il2/images/mlowtex2.jpg

This is the difference between a gamer and a simer, I wonder of some of you when BOB will come out.

ClnlSandersLite
02-28-2005, 01:51 AM
This disgusts me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is not a quake... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it's not quake. It's a state of the art video game that pushes even high end PCs to the limit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know some people's system take a hit with clouds turned on but the advantage to people that have them turned off is huge. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So, you're too elitist to play with those who can't afford such a nice machine?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't know about ground resolution but with the clouds maybe the server could have the option to require them and if the person attempting to connect has them turned off, the clouds will appear but be at a low graphics setting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It already does this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't think it is fair to try and force these people to play to a particular set of graphical settings. I doubt they'd stick around too long <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's right...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why should people with modern PC's be forced to tolerate those who have no clouds? That is not fair. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No one's forcing you to do any such thing. You can either tolerate low end pcs, stop playing on public servers, or buy any of us who do not have 4k machines something that you would find to be suitable.

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 01:53 AM
That why it should be a choice isn't it.?
No screens resolutions or such things.... but "clouds"..
Tell me why some want to play with nice skins? like i said before.
This is a debate not a attacking thing.
Does anyone try to lower the DOOM3 graphics?
Why worry for the water=3?
Why worry about water waves?
why worry about the soldiers in the aaa?
Why worry about the accuracy of the cockpits.?
Why rcade settings?
why full swich settings?
Why worry about weapon accuracy?
Why worry about physics accuracy?
Why worry about drivers,6800's,x800x,9800's cards.?
Why worry about draw smockes distances?
and on and on...
Just thinking for the futur

STENKA_69.GIAP
02-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Give the server host the right to control minimum graphics settings.

Most Hosts try (or not)to set a level playing field at the settings they decide.

We already choose: difficulty levels, who gets the concrete base, who gets the sun in their eyes, whether to make uber planes available, AND whether paupers with 56k modems will get time outed/kicked.

So there is nothing new in this principle. It's not a class struggle between those with high end kit and the unwashed masses.

If harsher settings end up filtering out those that the host wants to play on the server the host will relax the settings. Rememeber the masses vote with their feet.

For those that want to to apply high minimum standards a control would be good.

While working on visiblity settings a while ago I found that you can get a huge advantage in picking up targets with **** video settings and if someone is using space invader graphics just because they are so desperate to win.... yes I might filter them out.

Von_Rat
02-28-2005, 06:57 AM
hmmmm, the low end users claim flying with perfect settings give advantage,, the hi end users claim low clouds and low graphic settings give advantage. if both these are true, i don't see whats wrong with giving each side separate servers to play on.
of course then if they get shot down they won't be able to blame other guys settings.

do guys with low end pcs really want to force people to play at their settings to have a fair fight, or not at all on public servers. the hi end users aren't saying play at hi settings or quit playing on public servers. just play on differant low setting server.

the only downside i see is i don't think theres enough hi end users to support many servers.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 07:14 AM
It's a good idea.

make the serverside settings so perfect that most players who join can only play at 10 fps.

Then that server will die all by itself.

Problem solved http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Tell me your fps with detailed clouds?
I can help you maybe get better fps with clouds.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 11:39 AM
I have clouds and good fps, but if you want to help to give me some more fps, I can give you my bankaccount for a even faster PC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Ofcourse i can give you the name already and i'll meet you there. it's "SpendsometimeonyourConfigfile" at the corner of il2 icon street. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So henkie if i anderstand you, you are turning off detailed clouds even if you have no issue with them. hum !
what diffrence of FPS do you have in detailed and medium my self it very hard to see any.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 05:34 PM
No I have always medium clouds on because that is the best balance for me for good fps and effects. I have clouds, and good fps, so I'm happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If I must choose for eyecandy or higher fps, the eyecandy will always lose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But if you want me to change my conf.ini, sure I can do it and turn off the clouds. That will give more fps! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif hehe

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm asking many questions above in my post plz try to answer them just to see what you think.

ManicGibber
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I just wish Oleg would p*i*s*s off the anti-cheat maxlag settings so that I could at least play a few games for 20 or 30 minutes straight, but that will never happen.
For me, clouds make the game feel more real, icons suck, so does padlock, I only use external views for getting screenshots and making movies and tracks. For me fullreal settings are the only way to play as it makes the game more challenging. I say, turn up all the eye candy and make settings fullreal, but p*i*s*s off maxlag. My 56k modem rocks in this game, this is the only game where I could stay connected for 5 hours straight, until it all got s*c*r*e*w*e*d by a few cheaters.

D*a*m*n you cheater b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 08:15 PM
LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoohoo..is there a moderator here?

But I have another idea now for Gozr:

Ask Oleg also for serverside settings that the host can only allow high speed broadband connections and autokick 56k modems.

56k users cause a lot of lag and warping.
They don't see themself lagging and warping, but the high speed broadband user will see it and think it's cheating.

So it's better to let the slow modems host their own games and let the fast connection players play on the fast good servers.

You see? It's almost the same idea as with your serverside cloud settings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ManicGibber
02-28-2005, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henkie_:

Yoohoo..is there a moderator here?

But I have another idea now for Gozr:

Ask Oleg also for serverside settings that the host can only allow high speed broadband connections and autokick 56k modems.

56k users cause a lot of lag and warping.
They don't see themself lagging and warping, but the high speed broadband user will see it and think it's cheating.

So it's better to let the slow modems host their own games and let the fast connection players play on the fast good servers.

You see? It's almost the same idea as with your serverside cloud settings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Back at ya'h, you already have 56k modem kicking, that's what I was talking about, it's called serverside maxlag settings.

Lemky
02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I allways get shot down,thanks to this form I know why,it is not that I am a bad pilot,it is because I have a high end machine,Yeh Right'I suck at this game and love every minite of it.

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I know, but I mean something different.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The 56k modems can still try to connect to fast high speed servers now. But that is not good for the highspeed broadband players there.

So maybe Gozr can ask Oleg to make a serverside setting so that 56K users can not even connect. You see? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BaldieJr
02-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I swear, with god as my witness: this thread is the stupidest of all.

Congratulations.

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Setting can be done via FBD as well now.
Servers kicks and banned are already in places
negative points kicks,targets point as well.

One lag and the 56k can be out.
It's here and already in use in varieties or servers.
You can make a cap on ping as well no prob it's here and it to the servers owners to decide as we see this today...... But server side Clouds that is a MUST for some servers. Be like a choice for padlock or not, stall or not, engine management or not etc...

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Shure baldie shure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Are you by anychance in a Post count contest ?

Henkie_
02-28-2005, 09:16 PM

Yes BaldieJr, you are 100% correct! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

And to Gozr:

I mean something else.

I mean a serverside setting that can block 56K modems before they can connect. That's the best, because then they don't take the bandwith to load very slow the map objects etc.

So if Oleg can put that in the game, then we need only a setting to block every computer that has not the same hardware and settings as the host.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

If sombody shoot you down then, then you know for sure it's not becuase of legal cheats.

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif hehe

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 09:22 PM
First i really hope for you that you don't download any map while connecting to a server.
Skins maybe but since you can't fly with skins on to appreciate them there is no point.

Why is it so difficult for some to see this, that they have to go to the extrems..

Badsight.
02-28-2005, 09:31 PM
dont force people to play with graphic settings they dont want

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ManicGibber:
LOL Back at ya'h, you already have 56k modem kicking, that's what I was talking about, it's called serverside maxlag settings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ManicGibber read what Henkie typed again more carefully

TheGozr
02-28-2005, 09:39 PM
So why servers are forcing the cockpit on? Clouds to me it's not a graphic setting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif