PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Take-Off Enablement?

e2michaelb
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
When I initiate a mission in Dynamic Campaign (Pilot Career mode?), I always start out in the air. Is there any way of enabling mission starts from the ground instead of in the air?

Latico
01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Make sure you have the "Take and Landings" switch turned on in the difficuly settings. If you have started a pilot career already, you won't be able to change the difficulty settings, You'll have to start a new campaign.

e2michaelb
01-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Actually, I have tried it both ways, with the "Take Off & Landings" selection switched both on and off. I get the same response in either setting.

Maj_Death
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't believe you, turn the option on and restart the campiagn. I garuntee you will start on the ground or on an aircraft carrier. Now if you are refering to the quick mission builder or some premade single mission then you are probebly right. All QMB missions and many single missions have you start in the air no matter what your realism settings are.

Engrs
01-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Depends on the map. The late war campaigns for the US P51,P38,P47 on the southern Japan map for instance are all airstarts unless you are operating Corsairs etc from a USN carrier, as the map is to small to allow for historical USAAF airbases.

e2michaelb
01-18-2005, 11:13 AM
ENGRS-
You nailed it! P-51's and P-38's in southern Japan is just where I have been flying. Thanx for the tip.

E2M